N-Europe

Notable Things About Your Town/City

Cube

and

The Triforce

p0000000171.jpg

They even almost got the colours right.

---

The village I grew up and lived in until I moved almost two years ago is so small and insignificant that it's not even on most maps.

The closest town of noteworthy size is Ribe, the oldest town in Denmark:

Ribe.jpg

It has tonnes of history, and much of its historic look is preserved throughout the town. Due to its location close to the sea, it used to be the most important centre of trade and, as a result, the capital of Denmark. The gymnasium I went to there has existed at least since 1145.

Ribe_fra_luften_490x300.jpg

The most famous part of Ribe and the symbol of the town is the beautiful cathedral:

Ribe%2CDenmark%2CDom.jpg

Ribe-domkirkepladsen.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herro! Where were you working? Marriot looks lovely.

Quite a lot of people that live in Bournemouth or have links there. I'm there, Nintendohnut is there, Serebii is there and apparently the guy who leads the world's biggest Pokeymans website is there, too.

I worked mostly in my company's office on Richmond Hill. For lunch I would walk down the hill to the shops and have lunch in the gardens. I wish I worked there all the time :P

I worked mostly in my company's office on Richmond Hill. For lunch I would walk down the hill to the shops and have lunch in the gardens. I wish I worked there all the time :P

It's a nice area, isn't it? I can't wait for the sun to come back, as it usually perks up a lot of people around these parts. The gardens just generally feel a lot more vibrant, too.

I wish that there were a few more shops opened up in town. Burton has closed, GAME and Gamestation have gone now. It feels a bit light at times. On the other hand, you've got the likes of Debenhams and House of Fraiser, which are just huuuuge. A bit of variety would be nice, including some more clothes shops for men.

Is it cheaper than London? Dan's keen on moving there, but I'm trying to convince him that Brighton is better (even though I've never been!).

If you guys move to Brighton I'm coming to visit.

And by visit I mean crash at yours, obviously :heh:

To be even more specific than town, here's something about the building I live in!

crane.jpg

See that nice piece of graffiti by Roa? Well last year in the build up to the Olympics the local council decided they'd promote all the things they had to offer by doing this:

IMG_0013.jpg

It was, rightly so, complained about. We had received a consultation letter thing that we kind of ignored it, until it was put up and we photocopied it pointing out the consultation doesn't finish for two weeks and we very much didn't want it. Lasted a few days before it was taken down.

The area is known for it's street art and it is nice to see (especially as things constantly change). However, it does mean people forget what a road is. The amount of people I see just standing in the road, it's amazing more people aren't hit.

This popped up down the road just after Whitney Houston died. It's a unique tribute.

Edited by Ashley

If you guys move to Brighton I'm coming to visit.

And by visit I mean crash at yours, obviously :heh:

To be even more specific than town, here's something about the building I live in!

crane.jpg

You should come up to Sheffield and crash first!

There's an artist where we live who's slightly similar to Roa, although not as famous,:

7718636818_db2ba35948_z.jpg

I live in a town called Winsford in Cheshire which no-one will have heard off... Except @Aneres11 & @nightwolf! ;)

I've found there's a lot of people I know now that know where Cheshire and your town is. Surprising.

My folks live in a town called Middlewich next door to Mike, but I live in St.Neots in Cambridge. A lovely little town that I'm going to be staying in for another year or so. :love:

I don't think its actually famous for anything, other than having the same name as st.neots down south.