N-Europe

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale Games)

Retro_Link

I've finally started this game and I'm having an excellent time with it. Just finished episode three, although I don't think I'll get any more done tonight as The Walking Dead starts again tonight. (tv show, not the game, haaar)

The visuals and sound are fantastic. It's a shame that the soundtrack isn't on Spotify because I want to listen to the shit out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
I've played quite a few Telltale games now, and I already accepted Telltale's version of choice and consequence since The walking dead. The problem with TWAU is, that unlike the other recent games, existing characters play a big role, and their fates are ultimately set. Knowing the storylines of these characters from the comics is not a good thing. The other games don't have this problem, or to much lesser extent, since they mostly deal with original characters. Anyway, I explained above that wasn't the only problem. All in all, I simply enjoyed TWAU much less than the other Telltale games I've played.

Hey brah I was wondering about this - you said in the TotBorderlands thread that that one actually had choices that mattered. Is that right? Did it effect your enjoyment?

I'm trying to work out which multiple choice game to play next having almost finished Thrones s1 with my girlfriend (we loved it).

No previous knowledge of Wolf / Borderlands - not sure if that makes them more or less appealing. Is Life is Strange actually better than Telltale's output? Which do you think is the best option? (I've also played s1 walking dead which was as flink says one of the all time greats in my book)

I loved this game when I played it last year.

And I noticed that you can get it on Vita too, so I think I'm going to get it again on there and play through it.

It was such an enjoyable story.

Looking forward to going through it again.

Hey brah I was wondering about this - you said in the TotBorderlands thread that that one actually had choices that mattered. Is that right? Did it effect your enjoyment?

I'm trying to work out which multiple choice game to play next having almost finished Thrones s1 with my girlfriend (we loved it).

No previous knowledge of Wolf / Borderlands - not sure if that makes them more or less appealing. Is Life is Strange actually better than Telltale's output? Which do you think is the best option? (I've also played s1 walking dead which was as flink says one of the all time greats in my book)

Did I actually say that?

Well, I've played The walking Dead 1 & 2, Game of Thrones, The wolf amongst us, and Tales of the Borderlands, and Life and Strange and Dreamfall Chapters to name 2 non-Telltale games in a similar vein. Dreamfall chapters is stil going on.

If you don't have season 2 of The walking dead, and you loved the first one, then that should be a logical next step.. Like I've said, I personally wasn't to big a fan of The wolf amongst us, but I'm in the minority here. If you want choice & consequence, get the Witcher games. If you want something more relaxing and episodic, I'd seriously get both Tales from the Borderlands and Life is strange, and later get season 2 of the walking dead and the wolf amongst us. I believe even the fans are disappointed with Minecraft, but I have no first hand experience with that one.

Again, get both Tales from the Borderlands and Life is strange (collector's edition available!). If you need to make a choice:

Tales from the Borderlands has better writing (dialogue) and a better voicecast. It's incredibly funny, something you missed with the Walking dead and Game of thrones. It's my personal favourite Telltale game. Life is strange still has a good story, and a good voicecast. But it has more actual gameplay. You can roam around more, and click on everything. It has a much better constructed world. And you don't often get to play a girl in highschool setting. The atmosphere is incredible. And the "editing" is better, the episodes feel like actual episodes. And it has a great score.

I'd have a hard time choosing between the 2, but I think Life is strange has a edge over Borderlands in this.. Max is just too adorable. But seriously get both.

And give Dreamfall chapters a look, it's (so far) better in the choice & consequence department, and also has more actual gameplay (it's a sequel in a series of point & click games afterall), though the engine could use some work. I've not been able to play the latest episode since they updated the engine. There's only one episode left to release.

Did I actually say that?

Well, I've played The walking Dead 1 & 2, Game of Thrones, The wolf amongst us, and Tales of the Borderlands, and Life and Strange and Dreamfall Chapters to name 2 non-Telltale games in a similar vein. Dreamfall chapters is stil going on.

If you don't have season 2 of The walking dead, and you loved the first one, then that should be a logical next step.. Like I've said, I personally wasn't to big a fan of The wolf amongst us, but I'm in the minority here. If you want choice & consequence, get the Witcher games. If you want something more relaxing and episodic, I'd seriously get both Tales from the Borderlands and Life is strange, and later get season 2 of the walking dead and the wolf amongst us. I believe even the fans are disappointed with Minecraft, but I have no first hand experience with that one.

Again, get both Tales from the Borderlands and Life is strange (collector's edition available!). If you need to make a choice:

Tales from the Borderlands has better writing (dialogue) and a better voicecast. It's incredibly funny, something you missed with the Walking dead and Game of thrones. It's my personal favourite Telltale game. Life is strange still has a good story, and a good voicecast. But it has more actual gameplay. You can roam around more, and click on everything. It has a much better constructed world. And you don't often get to play a girl in highschool setting. The atmosphere is incredible. And the "editing" is better, the episodes feel like actual episodes. And it has a great score.

I'd have a hard time choosing between the 2, but I think Life is strange has a edge over Borderlands in this.. Max is just too adorable. But seriously get both.

And give Dreamfall chapters a look, it's (so far) better in the choice & consequence department, and also has more actual gameplay (it's a sequel in a series of point & click games afterall), though the engine could use some work. I've not been able to play the latest episode since they updated the engine. There's only one episode left to release.

Haha you know what, I just looked back and I realised that you said it's not different from other telltale games, where they choices don't matter. Crucially missed the not part.

And yeah, played the Witcher 3, probably my all time favorite game - narks me off slightly that telltale can be bested at storytelling and branching storylines by CDPRed when the latter are also building a huge open world and varied gameplay. But there we go, incomparable budgets I guess.

Anyway - thanks for the advice - I'll get round to WD2 on my own at some point - for now we played some of the first episode of TotB last night - laughed out loud on a few occasions.

Thanks for the heads up on Dreamfall chapters - Looks interesting, might hold off until it hits ps4 though

• 1 year later...

I finished this last night. I snapped it up on the Vita the other week when it was on sale for £3.00 and have just been picking away at it since then.

The game was good but not great. I rate it higher than the Minecraft Story game but lower than all the rest of the TT games. It lacks the heart of the Walking Dead series and the charm of Tales From the Borderlands. Still, it was a decent story and I really liked Bigby. I did enjoy how the fairy tale characters were portrayed in a dark and gritty way, though. Some of it was pretty messed up.

The Vita version is terrible in terms of it's performance. The game would hang a lot of the time when the action sequences kicked in and I had a couple of crashes that made me have to reset the whole system. It was only £3, so i'm not complaining too much but how this passed the quality testing process is beyond me.

I have a few things to wrap up before I call it a day. I need to get a few of the Fable entries before I unlock the Platinum. What madness is this where a TT game does just give out a Plat for only finishing the game? Crazy. :shakehead:heh: