N-Europe

My game

H@gi

Dumb question probabl, whats C++ ??

It's the programming language that most games are made of. I believe all games on consoles are made by it, and then you use a graphics package (say SDL) to program the graphics. It's hard to take it all in though, and hard to make a nice graphics game, so most poeple use gamemaker or somehting similar.

It's the programming language that most games are made of. I believe all games on consoles are made by it, and then you use a graphics package (say SDL) to program the graphics. It's hard to take it all in though, and hard to make a nice graphics game, so most poeple use gamemaker or somehting similar.

Correct.. My brother made a Yatzee game in C++... looked really hard. I'd rather reccomend you trying to make your game in Java (still a bit advanced) or GameMaker (Like riding a bike).

Thank you all for the good comments.

ive got some questions about game maker, if anyone can help

1.do i need much experience to make a game in gamemaker.

2. can anyone recomend where i could buy the software - cheers

1)No. it's very easy.Within a month you can make great games.

2)It's free!Here is the link:site

A surprisingly fun game, and very well made! I think you could really improve the overall experience with some simple cosmetic changes, lusher scenery, improved spelling/punctuation (questions deserve question marks!) and perhaps a sideways facing character for running left and right. But although there's room for simple improvements, I still think its great work.

A surprisingly fun game, and very well made! I think you could really improve the overall experience with some simple cosmetic changes, lusher scenery, improved spelling/punctuation (questions deserve question marks!) and perhaps a sideways facing character for running left and right. But although there's room for simple improvements, I still think its great work.

Thanks for the advices.Next time I'm gonna draw the backgrounds on paper and then scan them.About the grammar...well I was a bit lazy :indeed:

Ok i played on from where i left and finished it. i demand a sequel!!1

Yeah! I've got a fan!I'm glad you finished it.

Yeah! I've got a fan!I'm glad you finished it.

So you gonna make a second? I downlaoded GM and it seems a lot harder than i thoguht..

Next time: better graphics, better grammer, better cut scenes but the game was overall fun to play. And spend a lot of time on it. Make it a long one.

at least 10 levels. And is it possible to make the bosses harder and with like a health bar. And so they make a nosie when you hit them.

I got GM aswell, and I made the catch the clown one, then had a few experiments, next I'll try and side scrolling shooter, then a maze then platformer. H@gi, I think your started a small craze (well... kinda... me and Retro-lover anyway)

If you're interested i could post some links to other game developement programs(some commercial some free). If you think that GM is a bit limited. And aren't afraid of some programming (don't worry it's not c++ or anything complex as that).

So you gonna make a second? I downlaoded GM and it seems a lot harder than i thoguht..

Next time: better graphics, better grammer, better cut scenes but the game was overall fun to play. And spend a lot of time on it. Make it a long one.

at least 10 levels. And is it possible to make the bosses harder and with like a health bar. And so they make a nosie when you hit them.

At the moment I am planning some other projects but I'll sure make a sequel. I'll definitely take your advices into consideration.

I got GM aswell, and I made the catch the clown one, then had a few experiments, next I'll try and side scrolling shooter, then a maze then platformer. H@gi, I think your started a small craze (well... kinda... me and Retro-lover anyway)

I'm glad when more people get to know game maker. Sarka go for it! It's a great and addictive hobby. I wish you good luck with your projects.