N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to busyness I won't be able to start the day until later.

Day 2 will definitely start tonight though.

Last remaining people... can I have your targets please.

Finally, could someone automerge prevent me please.

Day 2 BRIEF

Good Morning one and all. I hope you have all slept well?

I can happily report everyone has made it through the night unscathed.

It would however appear that one individual managed to stumble upon one of my Gadd-gets, and has activated a Write-Up Census.

I can therefore comfirm there are 9 Mafiosos and 6 Townies alive at this point in the game.

Today there are no prizes up for grabs.

As there are still 15 of you I will still require 8 complaints before I remove a subject from the experiment.

Use your day wisely subjects

:)

Aha! Tres interessant! No kills? I wonder if the vest actually stopped a kill?

I can confirm I was a success last night! I have nothing to share just yet!

I wonder how many killers there potentially are??? Surely no more than one or two a night?

Also there aren't enough townies to kill a mafioso outright even if they come out. Very interesting

for symmetry lovers, that's three teams of three and one of six.

The voting is going to be so completely scummy. Chances are the person you are talking to is lying!

We have to assume they aren't all one team =\ so mafia will still join in when voting for a scumnag from a different group.

If the count is right and there are 9 scumnags, it's very likely that there are different mechanics for the night kill. We can't be certain if it was or wasn't the vests, roleblock, protection or even the mafia abstaining or not being allowed to kill. It could be a votes only game which would be quite interesting. It would be hard for players to vote along with their team without it being too obvious they're together...

For now, whilst I know it's an experimental mafia, I won't put too much stock in the writeup alone until I've seen some further evidence.

Next question - why did nobody die last night if there's so many mafia around?

that explains the vests too!

I was unable to target Sheikah last night, he turned into a star and was too powerful to come near

Interesting, nothing in my role allows me to protect myself/anyone else so if true then it sounds like I could have been protected.

I'm not sure what to make of the apparently huge number of Mafia. If there's 2 Mafia teams then how is it decided who gets to make a kill? Maybe alternate nights each group gets to kill? It also means more people must be lynched for town to win than in a typical game. Tough if true (I don't know whether DuD's messages could potentially be falsified).

I'm not sure what to make of the apparently huge number of Mafia. If there's 2 Mafia teams then how is it decided who gets to make a kill? Maybe alternate nights each group gets to kill? It also means more people must be lynched for town to win than in a typical game. Tough if true (I don't know whether DuD's messages could potentially be falsified).

Although it's also a lot more likely for a mafia member to get killed during the night phase.

Although it's also a lot more likely for a mafia member to get killed during the night phase.

There's a higher chance of a Mafia death, sure, but it would still be a lot harder given that 9 specific players must be eliminated one way or another, we'd assume, for town to win.

I was successful last night. I guess we're looking at teams and maybe only one can kill per night or something. It would seem crazy if there were 9 Mafias all sharing info though!... makes more sense that they'd be opposing factions. So assumung everybody is eligible to get a vest and there are teams of Mafias, would they not be at an advantage in terms of voting? I

reckon there must be some sort of balancing mechanic for that otherwise it would be unfair on town. But then again I suppose opposing Mafia teams would want to kill each other and the most and least votes thing for the vests can balance things out. Does anyone want to admit to getting a vest? I was not a lucky recipient :(

Am I really the only one who believes the census was made by a dumb cop of sorts, and that the results are reversed?

9 Townies and 6 Mafiosos still sounds disproportionate, but there's still the possibility of two teams of 3.

Or alternatively (and this is what I find more likely), there are 2 townies who appear evil when investigated. Perhaps they only looked evil in this particular night, too.