N-Europe

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.

Retro_Link

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been posting much because I don't want to spoil surprises for other players. I will say however that the end of Dozing Sands is really fun, the game really starts to shine then.

Agreed. I loved that.

I also find that the graphics are much better in 3D, and it's weird that I said that.

I also find that the graphics are much better in 3D, and it's weird that I said that.

This is the first game since 3D Land/Uprising that I play with 3D switched on at all times. I think it's great, especially in the battles.

Finally completed the game. It took some time ....

553054_10151505511816432_1310758603_n.jpg

It's been alright, not quite the epic journey I had hoped for. It has some fun gameplay moments and most of the battles have been great, but it's such a drag at times, and the story and dialogue have been disappointingly dull with very few laughs.

Considering selling it actually, as doubt I will ever return to it.

Finally completed the game. It took some time ....

553054_10151505511816432_1310758603_n.jpg

It's been alright, not quite the epic journey I had hoped for. It has some fun gameplay moments and most of the battles have been great, but it's such a drag at times, and the story and dialogue have been disappointingly dull with very few laughs.

Considering selling it actually, as doubt I will ever return to it.

Final level was 33/34?! Bloody hell. I'm on the (I believe) last boss and they're both on 41 (Rainbow Rank bitches!)

Been playing sporadically, but love the fact that you can pick it up for literally 3 minutes, save wherever, and put it down. That suits my lifestyle to a tee, therefore loving this more all the time, plus the story and hand holding are better now. I find it very hard to sit down for an elongated session these days.

The final boss is fucking me off. Every time I get it close, it just heals. I get rid of all the enemies as it heals, and it instantly goes to heal again.

To begin with you could do a bit of damage before he went into the background. I could manage to take out his henchmen in about 2 moves using taunt balls. But the moment he came forward again, the second after I managed to remove his right hand he'd jump into the background again and it would start all over again.

Easy mode makes it more satisfying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gotten back into this lately, just up on the mountain. BEING BEEF. Intrigued at an item I just got, tied in power to the pedometer - nice to see. Just at what I presume is the boss for the area.

How much more do I have after this mountain? I might try to wrap this up within two weeks just in time for Zelda. I've clocked 35ish hours already, more than I expected for what appears to still have a way to go.

Gotten back into this lately, just up on the mountain. BEING BEEF. Intrigued at an item I just got, tied in power to the pedometer - nice to see. Just at what I presume is the boss for the area.

How much more do I have after this mountain? I might try to wrap this up within two weeks just in time for Zelda. I've clocked 35ish hours already, more than I expected for what appears to still have a way to go.

Yeah, you've still got some ways to go, I finished it all 100% in 56 hours and 3 minutes. You're just over 1/2 way there.

• 4 months later...

Started this a few weeks ago, I'm about 15 hours in and I'm STILL getting bloody tutorials!!

The one that irked me the most was when I was asked, "Would you like me to explain...?" and I pressed No, once I'd sussed it out, that bloody yellow ball thing came out and said "Oh, I see so this is what happens when you..." and then proceeded to tell me what I'd just figured out!

Fuck's sake.

Enjoying the game as a whole, but I don't remember the others being as hand-holdy. And yes, the humour is just not there as much in this game. I certainly do not have chortles.