N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

Haden

Playing for DVs for the rest of the season. Everyone is looking pretty good this year except for Ling who got injured half way through the season. I hate how strikers don't develop as quickly and I'm considering dropping down to 2 strikers to guarantee that they get enough match time.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the middle league next season with Ell, Dragoo and Haden!

triple-h-angry.gif

DRAGOOOOO.

Middle League safety confirmed! I've found it hard getting the DVs up for the guys who are over 30. I might make it Dragooooo policy to only allow 2 over 30s in the future. I'm only making exceptions for now because my defence needs time to build.

I have 10 players with over 15DV, so the future is looking good. My defence is the area that needs most work. 3 players under 20, so they're the ones for the future. I'm expecting one of my over 30s to announce retirement when the change report comes. Based on who that is, I'll then look at bringing in another youngster to replace them.

Rest of the season will now be spent trying out new things, bumping certain player's DVs up. We're a bit too close to the promotion spots for my liking. If this teams goes up to the Elite League, we are going to be prison raped.

I sold my two of my best players, so I'll not be contending for the title any more. It's all yours! :)

Yeah I saw that. But having gotten this far it isn't worth to gamble on anything. "Secured" titles have been lost time and again. I will continue to play to win. As some people think that and youth development are not necessarily mutually exclusively.

It's not like the dvs is suffering anyway, it's all looking very good, except one unlucky defender and midfielder(although the latter is 33) and the common striker development issues. Iirc I should have 10 players with 15 or above in dv.

Edited by Tales

Did everything I could to lose today! Not taking away from RFC they are a great team and they nearly beat me 10-1 with the tactics I was playing.

Flinky next game is against you and I have the away advantage! I am gonna give my players a lose bonus to make sure we don't win.

343m70i.gif

Don't get rid of dirty tricks! I will have no other weapons against Nikos apart from playing Bruise and cheating. Then again just like Arsenal his team is now fighting for fouth place and just like Shef Wed my team is full of hooligans I must have one of the worst fair play records now.

Did everything I could to lose today! Not taking away from RFC they are a great team and they nearly beat me 10-1 with the tactics I was playing.

Flinky next game is against you and I have the away advantage! I am gonna give my players a lose bonus to make sure we don't win.

343m70i.gif

Don't get rid of dirty tricks! I will have no other weapons against Nikos apart from playing Bruise and cheating. Then again just like Arsenal his team is now fighting for fouth place and just like Shef Wed my team is full of hooligans I must have one of the worst fair play records now.

Brah, I'll be playing 4-2-4 DEFENSIVE. Better yeah, I'll put my best striker in goal and play my goalie as one of the two midfielders.

Cowards :p

Nowt cowardly about it. Speaking for myself, my team won't be able to compete if we go to the Elite League next season. The season afterwards will be much better for us and even then I might need another one to build. If we get promoted, then we'll either come straight back down, or I'll have to spend money to invest in higher skilled players to be able to compete and stay up, which would defeat the object of this season and next, which is to build a new team.

It's actually better for the league if I don't go up, because when I do I want to be able to stay up and stay up well. There's no fun in being promoted and then getting battered all the way back down to the previous league. It's easy for you to say "cowards" when you're about to win the league.

Brah, I'll be playing 4-2-4 DEFENSIVE. Better yeah, I'll put my best striker in goal and play my goalie as one of the two midfielders.

Peeps please make me and Flinky the next spotlight!

It is gonna be a sick match.

4-2-4 very offensive with pressure, my two goalies as the midfielders and the youth one as playmaker, you are going to win so bad Flinky!

Nowt cowardly about it. Speaking for myself, my team won't be able to compete if we go to the Elite League next season. The season afterwards will be much better for us and even then I might need another one to build. If we get promoted, then we'll either come straight back down, or I'll have to spend money to invest in higher skilled players to be able to compete and stay up, which would defeat the object of this season and next, which is to build a new team.

It's actually better for the league if I don't go up, because when I do I want to be able to stay up and stay up well. There's no fun in being promoted and then getting battered all the way back down to the previous league. It's easy for you to say "cowards" when you're about to win the league.

I meant no offence hence the :p .

Personally I always aim high as possible, I would never aim for 4th place even if a promotion would mean difficult times ahead or whatever but that's just me. Then again my road to the upper league has been involuntarily longer for me than most new teams that seems to charge up there 4-5 seasons so I understand I just don't agree ;) :p

Flinky and I when we come up together will be the new breed of great teams, people will look back at Oddy and Eights at the same way that people look back at teams like Burnley, Liverpool and Huddersfield.

If only xpert had teams crashing into financial crisis we could speed up the process by gaining a new owner to give us millions of econs lol.

On a side note what is the highest anyone has ever got one player for DV? Atm I have a few on 16 which I think is my previous highest I am aiming for 17 as I am just playing youths, has anyone ever got to 20? It seems almost impossible unless you were to have a non injury season with a very young youth.

Peeps please make me and Flinky the next spotlight!

It is gonna be a sick match.

4-2-4 very offensive with pressure, my two goalies as the midfielders and the youth one as playmaker, you are going to win so bad Flinky!

I'm tempted as hell to do something like that, but I'll get called out for bringing the game into disrepute.

I meant no offence hence the :p .

Personally I always aim high as possible, I would never aim for 4th place even if a promotion would mean difficult times ahead or whatever but that's just me. Then again my road to the upper league has been involuntarily longer for me than most new teams that seems to charge up there 4-5 seasons so I understand I just don't agree ;) :p

Normally I would be fine with promotion (it's an honour, after all), but not with this team. Fast forward 3 seasons, if I were in the same position, I'd be aiming for the title in the Middle League. This team is just way too young in places and not enough depth. Give me time and I'll give you a good game in the Elite League.

Flinky and I when we come up together will be the new breed of great teams, people will look back at Oddy and Eights at the same way that people look back at teams like Burnley, Liverpool and Huddersfield.

If only xpert had teams crashing into financial crisis we could speed up the process by gaining a new owner to give us millions of econs lol.

On a side note what is the highest anyone has ever got one player for DV? Atm I have a few on 16 which I think is my previous highest I am aiming for 17 as I am just playing youths, has anyone ever got to 20? It seems almost impossible unless you were to have a non injury season with a very young youth.

What we need is Financial Fair Play to come into effect, to bankrupt the bigger teams and allow the almighty DRAGOOOOO to walk the title.

I have a 17 4 midfielder who is currently on 18DV. If he doesn't double jump, I'm going to cry like a bitch.

What is the DV required/most likely need for a player to double jump? I've got a 19 6 and a 24 8 both on 16DV.

Highest I have gotten is 17. Got one so far, but had two earlier in the season. Given the current the dvs, I'm hoping for three to five players with 17 in dv. Aiming for 18 in dv is in my opinion waste of match experience, unless the rest of the squad have reached their optimal dv levels already. You would be more likely to get mid aged player to 14-15 in dv than a 17 year old player to 18 I would think.

Fierce_Link: Did a quick search on the forums and they say the maximum skill increase for the youngest age group is 1.7, and 1.9 with a high random factor. I assume that implies 20 in dv. So if your player is an even 4.0 skilled, 18 in dv may not be enough.

Edited by Tales

What we need is Financial Fair Play to come into effect, to bankrupt the bigger teams and allow the almighty DRAGOOOOO to walk the title.

I have a 17 4 midfielder who is currently on 18DV. If he doesn't double jump, I'm going to cry like a bitch.

What is the DV required/most likely need for a player to double jump? I've got a 19 6 and a 24 8 both on 16DV.

wivrs8.png

not made by me, obvs.

but yeah, double jump unlikely unless he's already on 4.4 or something - you might need 18 dv two seasons in a row.

Lol at how everyone in mid legue wants to stay put. Rod Fed is also looking for losses now..

I don't think you can hope for a double jump based on one season's DV. 16-20 dv 2 or 3 seasons in a row should be more than enough for a double jump - so long as they're young. I've had a few players reach 18 dv in other leagues but the highest I've had in this league is 17.

I'm tempted as hell to do something like that, but I'll get called out for bringing the game into disrepute.

Aw man cmon if we both do it we will be competing in a sense so it will still be a game lol.

I do know what you mean but at the same time it could be hillarious. May the best man lose!

I am well jealous of your 18dv player :(

Fierce_Link: Did a quick search on the forums and they say the maximum skill increase for the youngest age group is 1.7, and 1.9 with a high random factor. I assume that implies 20 in dv. So if your player is an even 4.0 skilled, 18 in dv may not be enough.

Hmm, aw well. It'll still put him in good stead for the next year. Would have loved a double jump, that would make him an 18 6 next year.

Goodness me, i'm not even sure real football is this complicated.

I dunno man, have you heard of the away goals rule? And the rules for the group stages of the Champions League if two teams have the same points? :heh:

not made by me, obvs.

but yeah, double jump unlikely unless he's already on 4.4 or something - you might need 18 dv two seasons in a row.

Lol at how everyone in mid legue wants to stay put. Rod Fed is also looking for losses now..

I doubt he'll get to 18 again next season. Would be insane if he did.

Fuuuck, tell Roger he's not allowed to do that! He's going up whether he likes it or not. :p

I don't think you can hope for a double jump based on one season's DV. 16-20 dv 2 or 3 seasons in a row should be more than enough for a double jump - so long as they're young. I've had a few players reach 18 dv in other leagues but the highest I've had in this league is 17.

Hmm, I'm confident I can get his DV high for next season, due to the young age. I guess the most I can hope for is a single jump, and hope that somewhere down the line he goes for a double. It's not essential to my plans, but would have been lovely.

Aw man cmon if we both do it we will be competing in a sense so it will still be a game lol.

I do know what you mean but at the same time it could be hillarious. May the best man lose!

I am well jealous of your 18dv player :(

Tactics are set. Let's just say that there are some interesting selections to my team. :p