NEurope
Daft

Rayman Legends

I got the third place on the daily challenge yesterday with 512 lums! But I cheated - we were two people doing it. Still, awesome to see my Gamertag on the screen for everyone to adore. :D

I miss the time trial on levels that Origins had. And also, having to play all the Origins-levels is a bit harsh when I 100%'d Origins when it first came out. Furthermore, it's easier than Origins and you can almost clear the game by walking through it - especially the Murphy-levels. But I like it, there is so much to do and doing the challenges is awesome. I like them and the idea very much!

Furthermore, my girlfriend likes watching me play it as it's nice and colourful so she lets me play it today! :D

Furthermore, it's easier than Origins

Some of those invaded levels aren't easy at all. Died a couple of times in most of them.

Just beat the final boss. What a battle :)

And Rayman Legends is now sitting on my favourite-game-ever-throne.

So now it's time to get the Platinum trophy!

Ehm, if this is anything like Origins it will not be easy. Tightest and most challenging platforming there is. Of course you can probably breeze by if you only do the mandatory content.

Origins was easy. The only annoying/kinda difficult thing about that game was collecting lums to unlock levels.

It wasn't challenging in the slightest. DKCR, now that was challenging.

edit -

lets get back on topic, whats the cheapest this is being sold for and where?

Edited by bryanee

Some of those invaded levels aren't easy at all. Died a couple of times in most of them.

Just beat the final boss. What a battle :)

And Rayman Legends is now sitting on my favourite-game-ever-throne.

So now it's time to get the Platinum trophy!

Indeed, found them after I'd posted; did two of them. I didn't find them THAT challenging; in fact, I mainly died in the first one because I thought you had to kill 60 enemies while getting to the goal. After that, it wasn't too bad and then I didn't die getting it below 40 seconds in the second one. But they were fun as hell!

Indeed, found them after I'd posted; did two of them. I didn't find them THAT challenging

Yeah, the first two :p

The others aren't really hard, as well, but can be tough.

I have just unlocked

the final invaded levels. Dark Rayman spawns...haven't tried them yet, we'll see whether they are the hardest challenge in the game or not.

Also, Living Dead Party...don't play those levels if you suffer from epilepsy. Seriously, they are seizure inducing.

Thank god I'm fine :D

I want Ubisoft to release a Rayman game with music levels only. Or release more as DLC. Now for THAT I would gladly pay money.

Gloo gloo!

Also, the OST...amazing. Especially the tracks in those 'stealth' levels.

Edited by drahkon

Origins was easy. The only annoying/kinda difficult thing about that game was collecting lums to unlock levels.

It wasn't challenging in the slightest. DKCR, now that was challenging.

edit -

lets get back on topic, whats the cheapest this is being sold for and where?

I got the platinum but in no way could you say it was not challenging. Some of the shark's tooth levels required several attempts.

Did you get the plat? Or try valley of the livid dead? I bet you didn't complete the valley in less than 10 runs (which I'm going to say means there is an element of challenge).

No level in Origins took more than 5 attempts including that level. I didn't plat/get all achievs, I don't bother with that bollocks in any game, well except L4D.

Anyway lets move on. How many music levels are there in Legends?

edit -

all this talk of game difficulty has remind me I have Super Meatboy waiting to be played. I forgot all about it.

Edited by bryanee

If you didn't get the plat then you didn't do it all, I'm not talking about running through the levels real fast or doing the minimum to get to the end (which is pretty easy to do in most games). I mean that it's challenging if you do all the extra parts that the game offers (extra levels, getting all lums, etc). Just getting to the end of each standard story level isn't really that challenging but it's not really meant to be. The cool thing about Origins is that the platinum mostly just required you to get everything in each level and to do each level (not huge amounts of arbitrary task assignments).

And no way did you do the land of the livid dead in under 5 tries. I don't think I did it in less than 20 even. That level is a colossal trial and error process, with each segment needing tight precision of jumps and timings. It's one of those levels where you reach a tricky part and probably die, then next time you know how to deal with that part. Except there's loads of those parts in the level. You also don't get any hearts so it's one hit kill.

In fact so ridiculous do I find your comment about this game not being challenging, much easier to just paste a video of some guy doing the land of the livid dead:

That guy has some skill and you can see how much he dies. No way can anyone watch that video and think there is no challenge there! Madness.

Edited by Sheikah

Just get over it already. I didn't find the game challenging and you did. I'm sure I found plenty of games challenging that you didn't.

Move on.

Edited by bryanee

You didn't even play the land of the living dead level! Admit it and stop talking BS!

Watch that video and you will see how the game contains challenging content. Anyone can see that level is challenging.

What's your PSN? Easy enough way to prove if you did that level. :p

I'm sorry but what you're saying sounds so incredulous that I can't actually believe what you're saying.

Edited by Sheikah

lol posting videos to try and prove a point. Yeah I remember that level and I remember not having much trouble with it, but do carry on. I don't really care if you believe me or not.

I've done the hardest level in Super Mario Galaxy 2 in only two attempts and I remember reading/hearing that 95% of the people playing that level think it's insanely difficult. ::shrug:

Anyway, this thread is about how awesome Rayman Legends is, so both of you...FUCK OFF.

Just kidding :heart:

But seriously. Wrong thread for your discussion :p

You'd still say it was 'challenging' though, wouldn't you? It was not an easy level.

It was not an easy level.

For me it was, and that's why I cannot/will not give an objective statement about the difficulty.

Just refreshed my memory on that star. Yeah I'd say that isn't as difficult - it's a lot slower and you have time to view the environment and plan your jumps. Livid dead was more like 'You're already running. Here are 5 fireballs, deal with it NAOWWW'. I loved the franticness if those levels in Origins, but it was pretty trial and error.

That would suck, because these levels are awesome.

Anyway, I think I only need to complete the Origin levels and the Platinum is mine :bouncy:

Woah, you've collected 1,000,000 lums and reached the final level of Awesomeness? I heard those take ages! I'm about halfway through the new levels and done about seven Origins. Taking it a bit easy.

Woah, you've collected 1,000,000 lums and reached the final level of Awesomeness?

Ha, didn't remember those trophies. Well, might take me a bit longer :laughing:

Taking my time now. Slowly working my way through the origin levels.

Done with all the levels.

Ha, didn't remember those trophies. Well, might take me a bit longer :laughing:

a bit longer

a bit longer

a bit longer

Need to farm 500k lums now and 1.8k awesomeness points.

Only way to do the former is play levels.

And the way to do the latter is play challenges. And unless I'm a god at every fucking challenge and can get a lot of Diamond trophies, this will take months...

So I guess...Platinum?

ecae6f7199680181061d5743344c1c0f.gif

Apparently the Vita version is missing all of the invasion levels.

I have no idea what they are (some sort of time trials, I think?), but I really don't like the idea of missing content. The Vita version was supposed to be the ultimate version for people like me who have no friends to play with, Ubisoft. :angry:

Ubisoft are releasing a free patch putting the Invasion Levels in the Vita version.

Although they should have been there to start with.

About to buy this. Loved origins and I'm way better than Dan at it (much to his annoyance!).