NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

This game is just so adorably awesome. It's such a joy to play and I haven't even finished World 1 yet

This game is just so adorably awesome. It's such a joy to play and I haven't even finished World 1 yet

How are you finding the music? So far, bar a couple of tunes, it seems a little flat to me. I may try plugging my headset in and see if that helps.

I'm looking forward to getting back on it. Sadly ( or not ) I have to go Argos and pick up Shulk after work.

How are you finding the music? So far, bar a couple of tunes, it seems a little flat to me. I may try plugging my headset in and see if that helps.

I'm looking forward to getting back on it. Sadly ( or not ) I have to go Argos and pick up Shulk after work.

Music is catchy and fits. Nothing overly memorable though.

Music is catchy and fits. Nothing overly memorable though.

Yeah, that's my issue with it. I have yet to encounter an epic tune like the rocket one off Kirby.

Please tell me the music is at least a little better than New Island though?

Please tell me the music is at least a little better than New Island though?

It couldn't be any worse. :D

Like Serebii said, its fitting and kinda catchy but nothing memorable. At least, not yet.

I think it'll be nice having a hub world of sorts, even if there isn't much to do it in. I found the level select screen of New Island to be pretty off-putting, oddly enough.

Despite not being all that interested in Yoshi I've decided to order this. I love the art style and it'll at least give me something to play once I'm done with Batman.

It's always difficult to know when to jump in. With how well we know some members, we know they tease and insult each other in a friendly way. For example, some stuff said about (and by) @ReZorceman would be absolutely shocking if we didn't know it was in jest.

Erm.....okay? :D

Erm.....okay? :D

Erm...I totally didn't post this in the wrong thread and quickly delete it.

Erm...I totally didn't post this in the wrong thread and quickly delete it.

Dem Admin powers. :D

After experiencing the final battle on Splatoon this morning, the music in Yoshi's Woolly World was unlikely to reach those sorts of heights today :heh:

I was in town this afternoon and the postman had delivered it by the time I got back home :yay: I've played up to, and including, World 1-5 and it's been fun so far, apart from the fact that the first time I played the game it kept sticking throughout the first level. It was unplayable and I feared I may have to return it :shakehead I turned the console off, gave it a good going over for dust and, thankfully, it seems to be working perfectly now!

Something that has surprised me a little, though, is how many collectables I seem to be missing at this early stage :eek: I've only had 19/20 stamps on most occasions and I only finished World 1-5 with 3 flowers. I thought I was being quite thorough in every level but there's definitely the aspect of previous titles, that I wasn't particularly fond of, where you have to check for invisible walls and winged clouds. It's left me thinking that I'll pick up what I can but won't stress myself out over collecting absolutely everything straight away as I can leave that for later :smile:

Despite a couple of minor niggles, there's definitely a good vibe from the game and I look forward to playing more. I unlocked the Captain Falcon and Fox amiibo costumes but I'm totally tempted to buy a Samus amiibo just for this game.. and partly for Mario Kart 8 :red:

Just wrapped up World 1, ear to ear smile throughout, as expected. :grin:

This game is glorious! :love:

And I'm loving the music (actually one of my favourite things about the game so far :hehe:) everything from the choice of instruments to the styles they've used. The track during the W-1 boss is particularly awesome. :awesome:

What I have noticed audio-wise is that the overall level seems quite low, I had to increase the volume on my set-up quite a bit higher than I usually have it. :hmm:

On the subject of sound, does anyone else keep hearing Sonic's spin dash whenever Yoshi collects something and it moves to the HUD? Because you probably will now, sorry. :heh:

The music in some of the secret rooms sounds a lot like the fortune teller theme from ALTTP too. :D

Has anyone tried any of the levels you unlock by getting all the flowers in a world? Some of them get pretty tricky, especially if you want to get all the flowers and yarn in those levels too!

Plus when you get all the flowers in all the worlds...

...there's one final, extra-difficult level too, with its own flowers and yarn to collect!

Just wrapped up World 1, ear to ear smile throughout, as expected. :grin:

This game is glorious! :love:

And I'm loving the music (actually one of my favourite things about the game so far :hehe:) everything from the choice of instruments to the styles they've used. The track during the W-1 boss is particularly awesome. :awesome:

What I have noticed audio-wise is that the overall level seems quite low, I had to increase the volume on my set-up quite a bit higher than I usually have it. :hmm:

On the subject of sound, does anyone else keep hearing Sonic's spin dash whenever Yoshi collects something and it moves to the HUD? Because you probably will now, sorry. :heh:

The music in some of the secret rooms sounds a lot like the fortune teller theme from ALTTP too. :D

Are you playing as Sonic Yoshi? That could be why :p

Has anyone tried any of the levels you unlock by getting all the flowers in a world? Some of them get pretty tricky, especially if you want to get all the flowers and yarn in those levels too!

Plus when you get all the flowers in all the worlds...

...there's one final, extra-difficult level too, with its own flowers and yarn to collect!

Yeah, I unlocked 1-S earlier. Good god that one was a challenge. Got through with all Wool and flowers, but missed a stamp and health

Does this game consider finishing with 100% health an achievement like it did in New Island? That wound me up so much. Actually the missable nature of the collectables did in general in that game.

I've been playing with DCubed's sister and we're up to World 3-5 now.

There have been more than a few times when a stray wool egg has ricocheted and knocked the other Yoshi to it's doom. Naturally, this is hilarious.

Also, when you get two Yoshies, make them face each other and stand as close as you can, their noses squish together.

It's absolutely precious and I can't take it!

Does this game consider finishing with 100% health an achievement like it did in New Island? That wound me up so much. Actually the missable nature of the collectables did in general in that game.

Yup.

Just got the badge to make hidden items show up! That will come in handy.

Well...my cat likes the game

kVBX4Vz.jpg

Proof the Wii U has good graphics!

Cats are the nicest creatures in the world, in my opinion.

I reached and done a few levels on world 4, before going back to the first world to mop up all the hidden stuff.

@Mike that special stage in world 1 was outstanding! The challenge reminded me of the post game levels from the NSMB series.

With the first world fully complete, I continued on to the second world. I've got a couple left to do but I'm really not a fan of that world. The stages where there are multiple paths and keys scattered around aren't fun and far too drawn out. I much prefer the simple left to right stages.

Just put the game on to try, on,y played one level (and scanned a few amiibo in), absolutely adore it. Also playing bat,an, struggling to get engrossed, but hopefully that'll kick in, but I just loved going from that to the this. Dark, angry, serious.... Then the most adorable game I've ever played....

Had the silly thought of buying the blue Yoshi when I'm collecting my Yoshi&amiibo bundle later. Then thinking if I buy them 2 then I may as well buy the pink 1 and complete the set. But then thinking about it logically, why would I do that? And that's €100. They do very little and I could buy another game with that money instead. Far more practical. I have the green Yoshi but would prefer the blue Yoshi. I'm not going to open the green Yoshi. It's bad enough buying one and supporting the scam.

Smyths have taken the money out of my account. But if I don't collect it in 2 days will they refund me? Should I support any amiibo? No, probably not but the Yarn Yoshi is cute. Then there's the cancelled thegamecollection order that was supposed to be refunded but never was and may actually arrive in the post today though they said it wouldn't. Should I just play the game and forget about Yarn Yoshi? So many questions. I might ring Smyths later. God, I hate amiibo. And yet here I am fretting over a piece of wool with an NFC chip shoved in its butt. If the game arrives, I could get the blue Yoshi separately but then I won't be here to know if it arrives. And there's no guarantee of getting a blue Yoshi and I'd have to be in the store first thing. F### this!

Now I check my bank account and thegamecollection have refunded me just there so is anything arriving? It's a mess.

Right, I guess I am going to Smyths so.

Or I could wait until tomorrow, see what arrives in todays post but then the blue Yoshi's will definitely be gone.

But I want to play the game today. What if the game arrives on Monday?

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Had the silly thought of buying the blue Yoshi when I'm collecting my Yoshi&amiibo bundle later. Then thinking if I buy them 2 then I may as well buy the pink 1 and complete the set. But then thinking about it logically, why would I do that? And that's €100. They do very little and I could buy another game with that money instead. Far more practical. I have the green Yoshi but would prefer the blue Yoshi. I'm not going to open the green Yoshi. It's bad enough buying one and supporting the scam.

Smyths have taken the money out of my account. But if I don't collect it in 2 days will they refund me? Should I support any amiibo? No, probably not but the Yarn Yoshi is cute. Then there's the cancelled thegamecollection order that was supposed to be refunded but never was and may actually arrive in the post today though they said it wouldn't. Should I just play the game and forget about Yarn Yoshi? So many questions. I might ring Smyths later. God, I hate amiibo. And yet here I am fretting over a piece of wool with an NFC chip shoved in its butt. If the game arrives, I could get the blue Yoshi separately but then I won't be here to know if it arrives. And there's no guarantee of getting a blue Yoshi and I'd have to be in the store first thing. F### this!

Now I check my bank account and thegamecollection have refunded me just there so is anything arriving? It's a mess.

Right, I guess I am going to Smyths so.

Or I could wait until tomorrow, see what arrives in todays post but then the blue Yoshi's will definitely be gone.

But I want to play the game today. What if the game arrives on Monday?

This got the first laugh out of me for the day. Well done.

Dude, just move to England. It will probably be less hassle. :D

I won't deny I'd like the three wooly Yoshi amiibo, but I'm going to try and resist them since they're going to be bigger dust magnets than the regular figures and the mandatory day one or miss out purchase of all 3 is gonna cost the same as another game.

Current plan is to buy the game and make do with the costume support for the other figures I have. If I buy the green amiibo bundle, my collectOCD will mean I have to own the other two. Still haven't got around to completing the Mario Party line I said I'd skip and it is killing me inside.

Saying that... I know if I ever see them on sale in person it'll be game over, doubt they'll ever reach shelves though so I should be okay. Why can't these things be regularly available at retail? I'm happy to give Nintendo my money, but it would be nice to do so at a slightly more casual pace.