N-Europe

Classic Gaming Mistakes

Josh64

The US version of Mario Kart 64 didn't have music in multiplier if I remember correctly. Or at least it didn't in 4 player.

Also the save glitch in Twilight princess in the cannon room:

I think it was WWE No Mercy for the N64. The first run of copies had a major glitch that erased your save whenever you turned the game off.

You could get the game replaced, but the new ones had blood taken out.

I was going to post this one. That damn glitch took everything from me. EVERYTHING.

Also, the version with the removed blood was funny as they kept in the 'first blood' match option.

Edited by Helmsly

Guitar Hero 3 on Wii launching and selling a truck load...only for a gamer to realise that the game was actually only ouputting in mono. Gamers then had to request a 'stereo' version of the game by disk swapping it directly with Activision.

Still have my 'stereo' copy. Sounds MUCH better!

The US version of Mario Kart 64 didn't have music in multiplier if I remember correctly. Or at least it didn't in 4 player.

I don't think any version does in 3 or 4 player. It's not so much a glitch as the N64 being a pain to program for that they couldn't get enough performance out of it at the time. The only music that plays is the invincible theme during gameplay. Either that or they thought it more dramatic.

What was a glitch was when the game would occassionally go super fast on certain tracks.

I don't think any version does in 3 or 4 player. It's not so much a glitch as the N64 being a pain to program for that they couldn't get enough performance out of it at the time. The only music that plays is the invincible theme during gameplay. Either that or they thought it more dramatic.

What was a glitch was when the game would occassionally go super fast on certain tracks.

I think they ran out of sound channels, because they played each sound effect once per screen split, so to speak.

I remember reading in N64 magazine at the time that the speed chance thing was supposed to happen.

Well the N64 had 100 sound channels so they wouldn't have run out, but it didn't have a separate co-processor to handle them like the SNES, so it all takes a hit on the main CPU.

Interesting, i always assumed this since my other games could handle music in 4 player mode, like Goldeneye, Starfox etc it was a glitch.

Now that I think about it though, Diddy Kong racing also had no music in 3 or 4 player mode.

Edited by Helmsly