NEurope
lostmario

Jurassic Park 4 - June 13th 2014

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would although I didn't think it was that great, good though.

I thought it was pretty bad, for the most part. Terrible script salvaged by the acting. And bad direction by Trevorrow, it just wasn't thrilling.

After Mad Max showed blockbusters don't need to be utterly brainless - and even the majesty of the original Jurassic Park - I'd say this was the worst of all four.

Good man! Awesome, wasn't it? Dat fight. :bowdown:

Yep, amazing!

I thought the story, effects, etc etc were really well done. Obviously, Jurassic Park has a special place, it had that wow factor for its time but World was a lot better than the lame sequels.

But when I was watching it at the cinema last night and when the theme tune came on whilst showing the park I just felt overwhelmed with nostalgia! Great stuff!

Edited by Blade

Watched it alone yesterday in the middle of VIP ^^

While it was a good film, complete with good levels of nostalgia and lovely velociraptor moments - the acting and script left a lot to be desired. Not to be rude, but sometimes I could barely understand that Asian boss character - No real noteworthy lines or memorable moments like with the main cast in JP1.

They could have perhaps given the main dinosaur a bit more of a majestic reveal.

7/10

I thought it was pretty bad, for the most part. Terrible script salvaged by the acting. And bad direction by Trevorrow, it just wasn't thrilling.

After Mad Max showed blockbusters don't need to be utterly brainless - and even the majesty of the original Jurassic Park - I'd say this was the worst of all four.

I agree. Terribly cliched characters, especially the female character - she was the atypical "woman that needed to learn a lesson". And her weird relationship with Chris Pratt seemed tacked on.

The finale was ridiculous, although to be fair, most of the film was. I also thought it already looked outdated, CGI wise. Why they didn't use practical effects for the raptor heads when they were being held in place I'l never know.

No patch on the original and just as bad as the third one, albeit a lot longer and showier.

I agree. Terribly cliched characters, especially the female character - she was the atypical "woman that needed to learn a lesson". And her weird relationship with Chris Pratt seemed tacked on.

The finale was ridiculous, although to be fair, most of the film was. I also thought it already looked outdated, CGI wise. Why they didn't use practical effects for the raptor heads when they were being held in place I'l never know.

No patch on the original and just as bad as the third one, albeit a lot longer and showier.

Actually, according to IMDB, the velociraptor heads in the paddock when being held were animatronic. I don't know if I believe that though. They looked CGI...

Actually, according to IMDB, the velociraptor heads in the paddock when being held were animatronic. I don't know if I believe that though. They looked CGI...

Yeah they looked CGI'd to me. Maybe they were originally animatronic but they CGI'd over them?

Watched it yesterday with my Wife and son Oisín (Zoey still too small for cinema), we all loved it, especially Oisín.

I had him watch the original a few weeks ago in prep for this and he was still in awe watching the Dinosaurs in World.

Strangely I felt a tiny bit emotional too at the start the first time the Jurassic Park theme played, was like an old friend coming back from a really long holiday.

Seen this last night and absolutely loved it. There were so many little nods to the original film, I was getting very nostalgic.

Going back to the original park area and seeing the layout and logo was amazing. I loved how the kid used the banner from the end of the first film as a torch.

That battle was freaking awesome. I was gutted when the raptors turned and helped the big bad dino. I was hoping for a decent showdown and luckily it eventually happened.

When the T-Rex came into the fray and the music started I was in hype mode at that point. Then Blue showed up to help and the tag team match began!

It was one of those moments when watching a film where I just wanted to get out of my chair and shout "Hell Yeah!". It felt like I was watching a Rocky movie and the turning point in the fight had just happened. :D

Easily the best one since the original, which isn't hard I suppose. :) I enjoyed it that much that I may even go see it again.

Just got back from seeing this and I'd like to echo those thoughts. I loved it. It really was the Jurassic Park film I wanted since I read the book. A fully open park where something goes wrong. Not tests, or an island with free roaming dinos on it.

I don't know why I didn't see the T-Rex coming, but I was so happy when he did. I actually thought she was going to get more raptors. And the final blow was great too, I mean we all love T-Rex but even I didn't think he would completely take down the other Rex.

More nods I noticed

The easiest spot was of course the t-shirt the guy was wearing saying he bought it off ebay.

The shot in the wing mirror when they were running away from the Rex.

The original park, as you mentioned, was great to see.

I was really hoping we'd hear someone say "Clever Girl" or "must go faster" They had a good opportunity for both lines to be used.

Overall, I thought it was a great film, and one I thought fit in well to the overall story of Jurassic Park.

This is the definition of dumb action popcorn filmage. It's pretty shit but watchable in an ITV2 play it three times a week but watch it once a year type of thing.