N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm sure Serebii was, and is, entitled to his opinion, however wrong he may have been, without being mocked for it.
I think it's only because this forum has been on hypersensitive mode lately.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter and rib-poking between members.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm sure Serebii was, and is, entitled to his opinion, however wrong he may have been, without being mocked for it.

Back on topic, brilliant figures for both, a nice healthy shot in the arm for the gaming industry! Considering some negativity towards the One before launch I am surprised it's held up so well against PS4, but when PS4 launches in Japan...

Really interested to see how sales go in the new year though. Whether they follow a Wii U trend of dropping off or continue to sell well will see how much mass appeal the consoles have to a wider audience, beyond the 'core' who couldn't wait to get their consoles before Xmas!

Ah come on, it's all in good humour. No one is attacking him at all.

More PS4 figures.

PS4 software sales remained strong through the holiday season with more than 9.7 million* copies sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store. A few of the top selling games included Call of Duty®: Ghosts from Activision, Assassin's Creed®IV Black Flag™ from Ubisoft, Battlefield 4™ and FIFA 14 from Electronic Arts Inc., and Killzone™ Shadow Fall from Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS).

Many PS4 owners have quickly taken advantage of the features and benefits of the PlayStation®Plus (PS Plus) membership service. Global PS Plus subscriptions have increased by more than 90% since the PS4 launch*3. PS Plus members have access to the Instant Game Collection™ and can play the full versions of popular titles without a time limit and at no extra cost. Current games include Resogun™ from Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) and Contrast from Compulsion Games*4*5, followed by additional exciting titles in 2014.

*Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI. PS4 Software sales data in Europe and Asia collected 11/29/13 – 12/31/2013. PS4 Software sales data in North America and Latin America collected 11/15/13 – 12/28/2013 (some data collected 11/15/13 – 12/31/2013).

A massive increase in the PS+ numbers. Once again showing that, like Xbox Live, people are willing to play for a quality online service.

More PS4 figures.

A massive increase in the PS+ numbers. Once again showing that, like Xbox Live, people are willing to play for a quality online service.

WOAH those PS+ figures are outstanding!!! I was never a Sony fan but they've won many people, including me, over in the past few years. You can tell that they really listen to what gamers want.

On another note, it has actually got me worried about Nintendo somewhat. Their upcoming lineup for North America is:

-The Lego Movie Videogame (Feb 7th)

-Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Feb 21st)

-Citizens of Earth (Marth 14th)

-Jett Tailifin (March 25th)

-Lego The Hobbit (April 8th).

I mean jeez :(

PS+ numbers are not surprising. You need PS+ to play online so not really shocked at a 90% increase.

4.2 mil consoles sold is fantastic. That means over 7 mil next gen consoles sold already. Remember those idiots who said console gaming was a dying hobby? They looked at the 360/PS3 numbers and seemed to think declining sales after 7 years meant people were moving away from consoles when in reality people were just hungry for next gen hardware.

I just hope this gen again doesnt last so long. 6 years max.

On another note, it has actually got me worried about Nintendo somewhat. Their upcoming lineup for North America is:

Watchdogs can be added to the list but yeah its over.

Edited by liger05

More PS4 figures.

something that nintendo should pay attention to and forget worrying about upsetting people who want free online.

Yes at the current stage of nintendo's pitiful online service it has to be free but come the next hardware, if nintendo can match Sony and MS then I will have no problem paying for it.

Bring us the online services that we all expect nintendo..

something that nintendo should pay attention to and forget worrying about upsetting people who want free online.

Yes at the current stage of nintendo's pitiful online service it has to be free but come the next hardware, if nintendo can match Sony and MS then I will have no problem paying for it.

Bring us the online services that we all expect nintendo..

One thing with that is I think Nintendo would have to make big strides with their online services now, like Sony did with PS+ on the PS3, otherwise people wouldnt pay for a service that they dont believe is up to the job.

One thing with that is I think Nintendo would have to make big strides with their online services now, like Sony did with PS+ on the PS3, otherwise people wouldnt pay for a service that they dont believe is up to the job.

Yes and it was Live which made Sony up there game. Unfortunately I dont think Nintendo looks at what Live & PSN is like and thinks they need to produce services like that.

The thing that frustrates me is that at some point within a year or two of launch the PS4 will be backward compatible with pretty much the entire PS1/PS2/PS3 backcatalogue.

Where as Nintendo puts out the same 10 NES games at launch and a few SNES games and thinks it's virtual console job is done.

An extensive list of N64 games should already be on the console with Gamecube games announced and ready to go any day now.

Edited by Retro_Link

Nintendo need light years improvement in their online before I'd even consider paying for it. If you look at things now, how many people are online in Blops 2 and Ghosts on Wii U? I'd nearly bet there are more people playing Blops online on Wii than their next generation counterparts.

The thing that frustrates me is that at some point within a year or two of launch the PS4 will be backward compatible with pretty much the entire PS1/PS2/PS3 backcatalogue.

Where as Nintendo puts out the same 10 NES games at launch and a few SNES games and thinks it's virtual console job is done.

An extensive list of N64 games should already be on the console with Gamecube games announced and ready to go any day now.

That makes too much sense and is far too logical.

Well according to Iwata they can't compete anyway....

Hence the need for change at the top.

-Watchdogs can be added to the list but yeah its over.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8o5wDHzb7TBQdCNlb5ZsTGcjkzAjct4deCBtpOAA6DYaltByc

Pity-fool!!!

Are you for real - are you actually suggesting that long-term third party support for PS4/XB1 isn't a foregone conclusion?

No I'm saying Wii U launched with all that support. But since that support has been cut back due to poor hardware sales, you then claim this is why the Wii U has sold poorly.

No I'm not claiming anything of the sort. I am saying that you are short sighted for calling people suckers for buying a PS4 now when it will obviously receive a lot of third party support in years to come, as opposed to the Wii U which will receive next to nothing.

No I'm not claiming anything of the sort. I am saying that you are short sighted for calling people suckers for buying a PS4 now when it will obviously receive a lot of third party support in years to come, as opposed to the Wii U which will receive next to nothing.

As said before nobody is a sucker as its all subjective.

Watchdogs can be added to the list but yeah its over.
I agree that list is not good, but you can probably add Mario Kart on to the end of it and Smash Bros not all that far behind. And Nintendo will spring a few surprise games I'm sure.

It's not over, the Wii U will soldier on, it's just the third party [exclusives] situation is more worrying than ever, because at least the N64 and Gamecube had that, and those exclusives made an awfully big difference.

According to MCV UK digital edition, out this morning.

"The Playstation 4 pipped Xbox 360 in the final week to become the UK's best-selling home games console in 2013."

"It beat Xbox 360 to the No.1 home console position by a couple of thousand units"

"However, PS4 wasn't the best-selling games device of 2013. That title belongs to the 3DS, which enjoyed strong sales thanks to a number of big releases and the launch of the 2DS."

For reference the PS4 sold 530k in 2013 in the UK.

Dont know how Nintendo dont look at the hardware sales of the 3DS/2DS and come to the conclusion that software is too expensive. They had the #1 selling platform in the UK in 2013 but the software charts really dont reflect that.

I wonder how many of them 3DS/2DS sales came from them Pokemon + 2DS £99 bundles?

I would think quite a few but more than that the 3DS software wise had a killer year in 2013.

So many great games and would be very difficult to match that output again.