N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

It's going to be an interesting period that's for sure. From now until Christmas we have a pretty big release every month and if that doesn't help the Wii U sales pick up then I don't know what will. I'm still expecting a price cut to happen once the new consoles arrive and to tie in with the new Wii U software. Even a new Mario bundle or something.

Not having a Mario bundle would be the single dumbest thing Nintendo have done. I was expecting MK8 to be this year and they have two bundles, one with MK8 and NSMBU and another with MK8 and NintendoLand, but alas.

But yeah, this is a sign that the marketing is a go. In Japan, Pikmin and NSLU have been advertised like crazy

Preliminary sales for last week in Japan have come through Tsutaya. We'll see exact figures on Wednesday

Pikmin 3 is sitting at #1 with at least 100,000 sold in just two days. New Super Luigi U retail is at #7 with the same.

No idea about the console, seeing as the White Premium Set was also released that day. The rebound begins though

It will get a boost no doubt, the key is how long it takes for sales to go back to under 10k

I'd be shocked if Pikmin changed anything.

Well early sales reports are indicating that it has, so prepare to be shocked

It will get a boost no doubt, the key is how long it takes for sales to go back to under 10k

You'd have a point if this was the only game for a few months, but it's not.

Nintendo debuts combined retail and digital sales for Wii U:

Newsbrief: In a first out of one of the three major games hardware manufacturers, Nintendo has released a blended sales chart which combines U.S. sales figures from digital as well as brick-and-mortar retail.

A quick visit to Nintendo's games page reveals that it now lists both digital and retail titles under its best-sellers for Wii U.

A note from Nintendo explains: "Data regarding physical sales of games in April are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo's internal sales figures. All numbers are specific to the United States only."

http://www.nintendo.com/games

• New Super Luigi U
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (770,000 combined physical and digital as of mid-May 2013)
  • Super Mario World (eShop)
  • LEGO City Undercover
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Mega Man X (eShop)
  • TANK! TANK! TANK!
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (eShop)
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (eShop)

Last week in Japan:

3DS LL 29,594

Wii U 22,199

Vita 15,662

3DS 13,841

PS3 12,698

PSP 5,830

Wii 1,434

Xbox 360 396

Pikmin 3 #1 with 92,720. NSLU #5 with 24,881.

Could have been better, really. However, this was only over two days rather than the usual four for the Wii U/Pikmin push. Plus, hot holiday weekend.

Edited by Serebii

92k for Pikmin 3 isnt bad considering it was tracked for two days and not the usual four. Wii U sales poor and it’s a very very minor bump and won’t be long till sales are back below under 10k. New white premium, Pikmin 3, NSLU and it only does 22k.

The console is dead and even though it’s not the best solution it needs a price cut.

92k for Pikmin 3 isnt bad considering it was tracked for two days and not the usual four. Wii U sales poor and it’s a very very minor bump and won’t be long till sales are back below under 10k. New white premium, Pikmin 3, NSLU and it only does 22k.

The console is dead and even though it’s not the best solution it needs a price cut.

The console isn't dead. It's just not setting the world on fire. Pikmin was never really a system seller.

NSLU and the White Premium were also only tracked for two days

Decent Pikmin 3 sales (Famitsu pegs it at 102,188 and they include Download Cards, so it's pretty much in line with the first week sales of the first Pikmin game - which were 101,299 according to Famitsu).

Those Wii U hardware sales are utterly pitiful though. I expected a much larger bump, this is just miserable to look at :(

Stick a fork in it, it's done :cry:

Edited by Dcubed

Last week in Japan:

3DS LL 29,594

Wii U 22,199

Vita 15,662

3DS 13,841

PS3 12,698

PSP 5,830

Wii 1,434

Xbox 360 396

Could have been better, really. However, this was only over two days rather than the usual four for the Wii U/Pikmin push. Plus, hot holiday weekend.

Pretty much the kind of bump I expected. It will be interesting to see what it's like with a full week of sales.

What's next for Japan in terms of releases? Do they also get Wonderful 101 next month? I think that will do quite well over there.

I predict nothing but a damp squib of a response.

Someone should pay me for this kind of information.

Oh wait, they do.

The Wii U is on life support. The Vita...well, that seems to quietly have had its life support pulled - the funeral has come and gone - no tears were shed.

Edited by Daft

Pretty much the kind of bump I expected. It will be interesting to see what it's like with a full week of sales.

What's next for Japan in terms of releases? Do they also get Wonderful 101 next month? I think that will do quite well over there.

Yeah they have Wonderful 101 on August 21st. I can imagine, especially after this, they'll be even more aggressive. They have to be.

They also have Lego City next week, and Lego is fairly big there. Strangely though, despite that, Lego games haven't been released there so there's no frame of reference for how well it'll do

The console isn't dead. It's just not setting the world on fire. Pikmin was never really a system seller.

NSLU and the White Premium were also only tracked for two days

Thats a huge understatement. Dude its tanking massivly in every region. Software sales are poor, Hardware sales are incredibly low yet you think its just not setting the world on fire. It's not doing anything at all!!!

I fear for this game. The install base is so small I think this game could bomb.

Edited by liger05

Last week in Japan:

3DS LL 29,594

Wii U 22,199

Vita 15,662

3DS 13,841

PS3 12,698

PSP 5,830

Wii 1,434

Xbox 360 396

Is that 2 days for everything else on the list as well, or just Wii U / Pikmin, do you know? Interesting to see if there is any momentum behind it, or if the first two days bump is as good as it gets!

Is that 2 days for everything else on the list as well, or just Wii U / Pikmin, do you know? Interesting to see if there is any momentum behind it, or if the first two days bump is as good as it gets!

Just Pikmin 3.

More than anything else it shows that Pikmin 3 is selling primarily towards people who already own the console. It's actual sales are pretty good in context of what the series usually does, but considering that it launched alongside NSLU, the White Premium model and the NintendoLand Wiimote bundle, it's a very bad hardware result...

Wii U is all week, but the promotion boost and the White Premium console came out on Saturdays. Pikmin and NSLU are two days. Everything else is 7 days except new games which are four

Thats a huge understatement. Dude its tanking massivly in every region. Software sales are poor, Hardware sales are incredibly low yet you think its just not setting the world on fire. It's not doing anything at all!!!

I fear for this game. The install base is so small I think this game could bomb.

Saying a console is dead is one of my pet peeves with people on the Internet. It's dead when nobody is buying it and no games are being brought for it. People ARE buying it, just not as many people as we'd like. Games ARE being brought out for it. At least one first party game a month for the rest of this year, and at least a dozen third party games, too

Wii U is all week, but the promotion boost and the White Premium console came out on Saturdays. Pikmin and NSLU are two days. Everything else is 7 days except new games which are four

Saying a console is dead is one of my pet peeves with people on the Internet. It's dead when nobody is buying it and no games are being brought for it. People ARE buying it, just not as many people as we'd like. Games ARE being brought out for it. At least one first party game a month for the rest of this year, and at least a dozen third party games, too

Really so unless a product is not being bought by anyone it cant be dead.

I guess those blackberry playbook tablets are alive and kicking then.

You know what people mean when they say its dead. It might still be selling shifting a very small amount of consoles as well as games but c’mon lets look at the facts. It has very little mindshare with consumers, supermarket retailers pretty much don’t stock it. Internet retailers try and drop the price just to clear the stock they have which isn’t going anywhere.

The majority of third parties in the West and Japan are not prouducing games for the console and in less than a year have given up on it but as you say its not dead.

Really so unless a product is not being bought by anyone it cant be dead.

I guess those blackberry playbook tablets are alive and kicking then.

You know what people mean when they say its dead. It might still be selling shifting a very small amount of consoles as well as games but c’mon lets look at the facts. It has very little mindshare with consumers, supermarket retailers pretty much don’t stock it. Internet retailers try and drop the price just to clear the stock they have which isn’t going anywhere.

The majority of third parties in the West and Japan are not prouducing games for the console and in less than a year have given up on it but as you say its not dead.

I dislike hyperbole. It is not a dead console, far from it.

This has really surprised me actually, not the West but Japan. I thought at least Capcom would have put some effort in and as much as I adore Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate it is still a port. The other game they released ( Resident Evil ) is also a port.

Again, I think this is where the 3DS is hurting things because most Japanese developers just want to develop for that. You can't blame them though given that its cheaper than HD development and the size of the user base. Also, most Japanese developers have really struggled with HD development.