NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Problem is, the retailers haven't exactly been giving the Wii U a fair shake

GAME have shut down many stores in key areas. HMV scaled back their gaming division around the same time, and now they're shutting down a load of stores.

This lead people to supermarkets. However, I've been in most of the supermarkets around here numerous times since launch and I have not once seen a Wii U console. Sure, I've seen a couple of games, and a peripheral or two, but never a console. They have no right to complain about poor sales if they don't actually bother stocking the damned thing

These are good points, to be fair. When the 3DS launched I had two GAMEs, a GameStation and an HMV in my town (and the 3DS was promoted in all of them). Now I've only got one GAME and an HMV (if that's still there).

What's annoying about this whole thing is Nintendo claimed that they learnt their lesson from the 3DS fiasco. Clearly they didn't!

Brand confusion? Check

No compelling software at launch? Check

Software drought? Check

Online functions not ready? Check

Priced too high? Check

I agree with all that, but I also think it's quite a lot worse. 3DS had an amazing gimmick (the 3D), Pilotwings Resort at launch and Ocarina of Time just a few months later.

The sad thing is I think they did take the 3DS consideration, but came to the wrong conclusions. If anything, they probably tried to make the Wii U more "casual" than the 3DS, and made sure they had NSMB and Nintendo Land ready at launch. Just from E3 2012 it's clear they gave them huge priority. I'm not saying those two games aren't challenging, just that Nintendo aimed at the wrong market. Those games might have sold consoles if they'd become trends, but that wasn't going to happen with a £300 console.

What Nintendo really needed were exclusives to make gamers say "Wow, that's impressive". Ni no Kuni entering at No.1 shows there are still a lot of traditional gamers out there. Nintendo could have made games that garnered the same respect as Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX or (as we were anticipating it) Twilight Princess. I remember when that was brewing, everyone took notice.

Oh well, the Wii U could still be a great console. People have started asking me about it at work. Whether I'm interested in it, whether it'll be a flop etc. I tell them it has every chance of having awesome games (by the end of this year, even), but it might all happen too late for it ever to be an enormous hit.

Saw an interesting analysis of sales figures over at Gamasutra and amongst the article was this section...

The real goal, of course, should be to make money on software. Unfortunately, it appears that Nintendo isn't making much progress there either, at least at retail. "Total software sales for the Wii U are under 2 million units in the U.S.," Pachter told me. That suggests that the system's LTD tie ratio can't be any higher than 2.1, and is in fact probably 2.0 or lower. With few new titles out there for the Wii U in the coming months, that situation isn't likely to improve.

That's the first real thing I've heard with regards to software sales and pours a bit more fuel on the fire... not that it was needed.

Saw an interesting analysis of sales figures over at Gamasutra and amongst the article was this section...

That's the first real thing I've heard with regards to software sales and pours a bit more fuel on the fire... not that it was needed.

24 million games they were hoping to sell.,

Well, if Patcher says it...

Originally Posted by creamsugar:

Black ~ 83%

White ~ 17%

200k < PS3 < 250k and more closer to 200k

100k < Wii < 150k and more closer to 100k

100k < 3DS < 150k and more closer to 150k

50K < DS < 100K and more closer to 50k

PSP ~ 10k

The 3DS had a bad month. Should of made sure animal Crossing was out for the holiday season. Fire Emblem then drops and Nintendo messed up the shipment.

The DS outsold the wii u and the wii comfortably sold more than the wii u.

DMC 187k. What a bomba!! After this and RE6 are capcom going to finally understand that people don't appreciate there desire to shit on there major franchises.

The 3DS had a bad month. Should of made sure animal Crossing was out for the holiday season. Fire Emblem then drops and Nintendo messed up the shipment.

The DS outsold the wii u and the wii comfortably sold more than the wii u.

DMC 187k. What a bomba!! After this and RE6 are capcom going to finally understand that people don't appreciate there desire to shit on there major franchises.

Do you not think that if Nintendo could have got Animal Crossing out for the holiday season, then they would have done? Nintendo don't delay games for the fun of it. They get them out as soon as they can

Do you not think that if Nintendo could have got Animal Crossing out for the holiday season, then they would have done? Nintendo don't delay games for the fun of it. They get them out as soon as they can

Usually I'd disagree, but I think you're right on this one. Animal Crossing is too big of a game for them to have gotten it out within 2 months of the Japanese launch.

But, Nintendo could definitely use with some foresight. Although City Folk didn't fare as well as Wild World, they really should have based its projections on how it's fared on handhelds. Although they had the advantage of online distribution this time around, there will always be people who would rather the cartridge version of the game and this is going to be especially true when they try to win over the casuals elsewhere.

So while I largely agree, I do think Nintendo needs to step it up and do more projects similar to how they're now handling the new Pokemon, and that's handle the localisation process during late development. Hopefully the new found effort is a massive boon for them, as it's something video games are desperately in need of.

Well, if Patcher says it...

I know Patcher has a bad rep with his predictions, but isn't he just reporting figures he's actually seen here? I'm pretty sure he can at least get relaying information right in front of him correctly. or has he lied about that stuff in the past?

I know Patcher has a bad rep with his predictions, but isn't he just reporting figures he's actually seen here? I'm pretty sure he can at least get relaying information right in front of him correctly. or has he lied about that stuff in the past?

I don't think he can be too far off with what he said about software sales in the US. None of the 3rd party games have really sold well. COD not selling 100k yet is remarkable.

The funny thing is the last two months his been quite a way off on his wii u hardware sales predictions.

UK Charts: Aliens Colonial Marines At Number One, Still No Wii U Exclusives In Top Forty

aliens_colonial_marines_logo.jpg?w=625&h=390

Sega’s disappointing Aliens: Colonial Marines has managed to beat EA’s Dead Space 3 to claim the number one position in the UK top forty all-formats charts. Once again Wii U exclusive titles such as New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU are noticeably absent from the charts. No Wii U exclusive has charted in the UK all-formats charts in 2013. Here’s the top ten games this week.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 16 February 2013

LW TW Title Developer Label Publisher

- 1 ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES GEARBOX SOFTWARE SEGA SEGA

1 2 DEAD SPACE 3 VISCERAL GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

2 3 FIFA 13 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

3 4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II TREYARCH ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

4 5 FAR CRY 3 UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT

12 6 ASSASSIN'S CREED III UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT

7 7 NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED CRITERION GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

8 8 JUST DANCE 4 UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT

10 9 SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED SUMO DIGITAL SEGA SEGA

13 10 HALO 4 343 INDUSTRIES MICROSOFT MICROSOFT

9 11 HITMAN ABSOLUTION IO INTERACTIVE SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE

11 12 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM BETHESDA BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

15 13 SKYLANDERS GIANTS TOYS FOR BOB SKYLANDERS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

5 14 HITMAN: HD TRILOGY IO INTERACTIVE SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE

18 15 LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

17 16 LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

14 17 FORZA HORIZON PLAYGROUND GAMES MICROSOFT MICROSOFT

16 18 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 SPORTS INTERACTIVE SEGA SEGA

26 19 DISHONORED ARKANE STUDIOS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

21 20 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV ROCKSTAR NORTH XBOX 360 CLASSICS TAKE 2

20 21 FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 TURN 10 STUDIOS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT

23 22 MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER DANGER CLOSE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

30 23 GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

27 24 DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION TECHLAND DEEP SILVER KOCH MEDIA

6 25 NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH LEVEL 5 NAMCO BANDAI GAMES NAMCO BANDAI GAMES

22 26 BORDERLANDS 2 GEARBOX SOFTWARE 2K GAMES TAKE 2

24 27 GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION POLYPHONY DIGITAL SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

28 28 WWE '13 YUKE'S THQ THQ

- 29 SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS 5TH CELL WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

34 30 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO

32 31 MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES SEGA SEGA SEGA

29 32 ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY ROVIO ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

31 33 SLEEPING DOGS UNITED FRONT GAMES SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE

39 34 BATTLEFIELD 3 DIGITAL ILLUSIONS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

33 35 UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION GOTY NAUGHTY DOG SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

- 36 THE SIMS 3 THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

35 37 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2013 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT KONAMI KONAMI

36 38 DISNEY EPIC MICKEY 2: THE POWER OF TWO BLITZ GAMES DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS

25 39 DMC NINJA THEORY CAPCOM CAPCOM

40 40 PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS NINTENDO NINTENDO

I wonder what Wii U exclusive game will enter the chart first this year. Here's the Wii U all formats charts for the same week:

LW TW Title Developer Label Publisher

3 1 SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED SUMO DIGITAL SEGA SEGA

1 2 NINTENDO LAND NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO

2 3 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO

4 4 ZOMBI U UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT

10 5 ASSASSIN'S CREED III UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT

7 6 SPORTS CONNECTION UBISOFT (BARCELONA) UBISOFT UBISOFT

6 7 RABBIDS LAND UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT

5 8 BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - ARMOURED EDITION WB GAMES MONTREAL

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

8 9 MARVEL AVENGERS: BATTLE FOR EARTH UBISOFT (QUEBEC) UBISOFT

UBISOFT

- 10 JUST DANCE 4 UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT

Edited by Helmsly

January 2013 NPD: Wii U software rankings

New Super Mario Bros. U was the best-selling Wii U title in the US for the month of January. It’s unclear how much the game sold, but it did manage to top the charts last month. Somewhat surprisingly, Scribblenauts Unlimited came in at the second position, followed by Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, ZombiU, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

Here’s the full list:

1. New Super Mario Bros. U

2. Scribblenauts Unlimited

3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

4. ZombiU

5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

6. Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

7. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

8. Just Dance 4

9. Assassin’s Creed III

10. Skylanders Giants

11. Madden NFL 13

12. ESPN Sports Connection

13. Wipeout

14. Nintendo Land

15. Rabbids Land

16. Marvel Avangers: Battle for Earth

17. NBA 2K13

18. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge

19. SiNG Party

20. FIFA 13

Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, ZombiU, and Just Dance 4 are the only third-party Wii U releases in the states with sales over 100,000 units thus far.

http://nintendoeverything.com/113535/january-2013-npd-wii-u-software-rankings/

January 2013 NPD: Wii U software rankings

New Super Mario Bros. U was the best-selling Wii U title in the US for the month of January. It’s unclear how much the game sold, but it did manage to top the charts last month. Somewhat surprisingly, Scribblenauts Unlimited came in at the second position, followed by Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, ZombiU, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

Here’s the full list:

1. New Super Mario Bros. U

2. Scribblenauts Unlimited

3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

4. ZombiU

5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

6. Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

7. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

8. Just Dance 4

9. Assassin’s Creed III

10. Skylanders Giants

11. Madden NFL 13

12. ESPN Sports Connection

13. Wipeout

14. Nintendo Land

15. Rabbids Land

16. Marvel Avangers: Battle for Earth

17. NBA 2K13

18. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge

19. SiNG Party

20. FIFA 13

Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, ZombiU, and Just Dance 4 are the only third-party Wii U releases in the states with sales over 100,000 units thus far.

http://nintendoeverything.com/113535/january-2013-npd-wii-u-software-rankings/

Glad sonic racers has done over 100k but no Cod is crazy. Will be interesting to see how Activision react to that. No DLC confirmed yet says it all I suppose. Skylanders bombed big time!!

Wii U did 10,744 last week in Japan. Relatively stable but still on a decline, as it will be until games start hitting in the latter half of next month

3DS did just under 100k.

Vita did just over 8k

These are good points, to be fair. When the 3DS launched I had two GAMEs, a GameStation and an HMV in my town (and the 3DS was promoted in all of them). Now I've only got one GAME and an HMV (if that's still there).

I can't really emphasise how important this is. Bournemouth has 1 GAME remaining, which isn't even in the centre of town. There's no Gamestation or Game in the centre anymore, HMV on the outskirts of town at Castlepoint Retail Park is closing (it's so dead in there...) and I think the one in the centre is going, too. What's even funnier is that GAME and HMV (the ones remaining) are still charging £49.99 for WiiU games...nothing will sell at that price.

So, there's no representation on the high street. Only supermarkets. That's not really just going to affect Nintendo, but it'll affect everyone in the industry. :hmm:

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I can't really emphasise how important this is. Bournemouth has 1 GAME remaining, which isn't even in the centre of town. There's no Gamestation or Game in the centre anymore, HMV on the outskirts of town at Castlepoint Retail Park is closing (it's so dead in there...) and I think the one in the centre is going, too. What's even funnier is that GAME and HMV (the ones remaining) are still charging £49.99 for WiiU games...nothing will see at that price.

So, there's no representation on the high street. Only supermarkets. That's not really just going to affect Nintendo, but it'll affect everyone in the industry. :hmm:

Therein lies the problem. Supermarkets just aren't stocking the Wii U. You'd be lucky to find a Wii U game, let alone a console.

This needs to be rectified and fast.

The annoying bit is, recently the head of Tesco and heads of a few others were complaining about Wii U sales...of course it's going to sell bad if it's not even in your stores

Therein lies the problem. Supermarkets just aren't stocking the Wii U. You'd be lucky to find a Wii U game, let alone a console.

This needs to be rectified and fast.

The annoying bit is, recently the head of Tesco and heads of a few others were complaining about Wii U sales...of course it's going to sell bad if it's not even in your stores

But this is where Nintendo need to start actively going out and doing more for the WiiU. The end justifies the means, so whether this means they start pumping loads of cash into the WiiU and making sure that places like Sainsburys stock it or not, something needs to be done. It's embarrassing going into a supermarket like ASDA and finding no trace of the WiiU. Nintendo don't make it easy enough for these places sometimes and there are occasions where they need to be more proactive.

Wii U did 10,744 last week in Japan. Relatively stable but still on a decline, as it will be until games start hitting in the latter half of next month

3DS did just under 100k.

Vita did just over 8k

Media Create Sales: Week 7, 2013 (Feb 11 - Feb 17)

01./01. [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.02.07} (¥6.090) - 184.993 / 1.012.916 (-78%)

02./02. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 78.178 / 2.591.602 (-4%)

03./04. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800) - 11.784 / 1.922.492 (+1%)

04./06. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 10.076 / 396.225 (+14%)

05./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (¥3.800) - 9.138 / 227.235 (-13%)

06./03. [3DS] Fantasy Life <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.12.27} (¥5.800) - 8.751 / 230.471 (-34%)

07./09. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040) - 7.331 / 423.364 (-2%)

08./12. [3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star <ADV> (Nintendo) {2012.12.06} (¥4.800) - 6.847 / 524.944 (+6%)

09./10. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 6.614 / 427.429 (-10%)

10./16. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 5.817 / 1.978.257 (+3%)

11./14. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985) - 5.671 / 466.457 (-3%)

12./00. [PSV] Sakura-Sou no Pet na Kanojo # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.02.14} (¥6.804) - 5.472 / NEW

13./13. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone - Neppuu / Raimei <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.12.13} (¥5.500) - 5.348 / 419.554 (-13%)

14./00. [PSP] Sakura-Sou no Pet na Kanojo # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.02.14} (¥6.279) - 5.115 / NEW

15./18. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Dubbed Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.12.20} (¥7.980) - 4.828 / 128.939 (-3%)

16./19. [WIU] Nintendo Land <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥4.935) - 4.199 / 290.677 (-6%)

17./07. [PSV] Demon Gaze <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.01.24} (¥6.090) - 4.083 / 47.993 (-50%)

18./23. [NDS] Pokèmon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokèmon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800) - 3.966 / 2.966.056

19./08. [PS3] DmC: Devil May Cry <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.01.17} (¥6.990) - 3.938 / 168.627 (-47%)

20./20. [PS3] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.12.20} (¥8.190) - 3.527 / 235.577 (-18%)

Top 20

3DS - 10

PS3 - 3

PSV - 2

WIU - 2

NDS - 1

PSP - 1

WII - 1

HARDWARE

Code:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 3DS # | 97.971 | 127.695 | 94.667 | 832.247 | 744.479 | 10.612.127 |

| PS3 | 16.934 | 17.004 | 21.993 | 177.406 | 216.158 | 9.037.490 |

| WIU | 10.744 | 12.185 | | 154.086 | | 781.373 |

| PSP # | 10.501 | 11.056 | 14.824 | 133.930 | 173.291 | 19.762.941 |

| PSV | 8.044 | 8.762 | 12.309 | 89.583 | 138.826 | 1.220.408 |

| WII | 1.655 | 1.945 | 7.874 | 17.301 | 109.167 | 12.656.137 |

| 360 | 506 | 593 | 983 | 6.100 | 10.584 | 1.619.934 |

| ALL | 146.355 | 179.240 | 155.640 | 1.410.653 | 1.418.484 | 55.690.410 |

| 3DSLL | 66.139 | 89.050 | | 518.645 | | 2.609.016 |

| 3DS | 31.832 | 38.645 | 94.667 | 313.602 | 744.479 | 8.003.111 |

| PSP | 10.501 | 11.056 | 14.824 | 133.930 | 173.291 | 19.586.954 |

3DS domination. Expect the Wii U to go below 10k next week. Sales are going to keep trending downwards until new games are released.

wow nice to see the 3DS take off. I really think Nintendo have done a great job in the last year in boosting support for the console and its paying off now.

wow nice to see the 3DS take off. I really think Nintendo have done a great job in the last year in boosting support for the console and its paying off now.

Just need to get the western sales moving. Need to localise games a lot quicker going forward as the 3DS isnt going to get western support. Also the price of games in the west needs to change. The premium games @ £30 no problem but other games need to be £15 - £20. What people pay for games on smartphones has had an effect in the west and Nintendo have to accept this.

The 3DS eshop needs more content and fill up the VC with nes and snes titles.

The 360 had stock problems, the PS3 was only available in 2 regions in it's first Janauary and the only problem Wii U has in regards to stock is super markets not keen on stocking it. And they're well in their right to not want to stock it if they've still got a fuck load of Wii units that aren't shifting.

Heck, the super market situation here reminds me heavily of the burn some places received when they still had Saturn's not shifting when the Dreamcast was due out.

NO MITIGATING FACTORS JEEZ

You'll say it's a single case, an exception to the rule; but if they really wanted to do it Twilight Princess could have been on the Gamecube. They could have gotten it out. I see why anything should stop them except themselves in the case of getting stuff out. Still see no reason Pikmin still isn't here. Scribblenauts Unlimited I'll half accept given the publishing issues(though we don't know why it's actually delayed, do we?), Animal Crossing I'd only accept if it was still that hardware shortage issue - it isn't like it's the first game, they know about localisation etc.

UK Charts: Aliens Colonial Marines At Number One, Still No Wii U Exclusives In Top Forty

Sega’s disappointing Aliens: Colonial Marines has managed to beat EA’s Dead Space 3 to claim the number one position in the UK top forty all-formats charts. Once again Wii U exclusive titles such as New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU are noticeably absent from the charts. No Wii U exclusive has charted in the UK all-formats charts in 2013. Here’s the top ten games this week.

Certainly an interesting point. What influences/determines UK charts, though?

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

NO MITIGATING FACTORS JEEZ

You'll say it's a single case, an exception to the rule; but if they really wanted to do it Twilight Princess could have been on the Gamecube. They could have gotten it out. I see why anything should stop them except themselves in the case of getting stuff out. Still see no reason Pikmin still isn't here. Scribblenauts Unlimited I'll half accept given the publishing issues(though we don't know why it's actually delayed, do we?), Animal Crossing I'd only accept if it was still that hardware shortage issue - it isn't like it's the first game, they know about localisation etc.

Certainly an interesting point. What influences/determines UK charts, though?

So, because you don't know why Pikmin 3 got delayed, it means it got delayed for "no reason"?

So, because you don't know why Pikmin 3 got delayed, it means it got delayed for "no reason"?

That's a delightful straw man that you've brought with you, so I'll let you have fun with it.

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

25/Feb/2013

‘Crysis 3’ knocks last week’s No1 ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ (-84%) down to No5, debuting ahead of ‘Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’ which begins life at No2.

Two new entries at No1 and No2 is a first for 2013, however neither’s launch week can match those of previous No1s ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ or ‘Dead Space 3’. There is a gap of 5,500 sales between the two newcomers with ‘Crysis 3’ benefiting from also being available on PC as well as Xbox 360 and PS3. Xbox 360 is the lead format for ‘Crysis 3’ with 57% of sales, while PS3 is the bigger seller for ‘Metal Gear’ with 61%. Four out of the eight UK All Formats No1 so far this year are represented by 3 different EA titles. ‘FIFA 13’ is still proving popular, a non-mover at No3 with sales up 25% on last week. ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops II’ (+0%) is also a non-mover at No4.

‘Dead Space 3’ (-54%) falls 4 places to No6, keeping it ahead of ‘Far Cry 3’ (-21%) at No7 and ‘Need for Speed Most Wanted’ (+13%) at No8. The last two places in the Top 10 are occupied by an Assassin and a Hitman with Ubisoft’s ‘Assassin’s Creed III’ (-5%) at No9 and Square’s ‘Hitman Absolution’ (-2%) at No10.

Week 08, 2013 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) 360 CRYSIS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

02 (NE) PS3 METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE (KONAMI)

03 (NE) 360 METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE (KONAMI)

04 (04) 360 FIFA 13 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

05 (NE) PS3 CRYSIS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

06 (05) 360 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

07 (07) PS3 FIFA 13 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

08 (01) 360 ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES (SEGA)

09 (03) 360 DEAD SPACE 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

10 (09) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

11 (NE) PC CRYSIS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

12 (08) 360 FAR CRY 3 (UBISOFT)

13 (02) PS3 ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES (SEGA)

14 (11) 360 HALO 4 (MICROSOFT)

15 (12) WII JUST DANCE 4 (UBISOFT)

16 (15) 360 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)

17 (06) PS3 DEAD SPACE 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

18 (13) PS3 FAR CRY 3 (UBISOFT)

19 (17) PS3 NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

20 (16) 360 ASSASSIN'S CREED III (UBISOFT)

21 (19) 360 NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

22 (20) 360 FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 (MICROSOFT)

23 (29) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)

24 (21) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED III (UBISOFT)

25 (__) PC THE SIMS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

26 (18) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 (SEGA)

27 (14) 360 FORZA HORIZON MICROSOFT

28 (24) PS3 HITMAN ABSOLUTION (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)

29 (22) 360 HITMAN ABSOLUTION (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)

30 (NE) PSV PERSONA 4 GOLDEN (NIS AMERICA)

31 (36) 3DS PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR (NINTENDO)

32 (31) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (TAKE 2)

33 (30) WII SKYLANDERS GIANTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

34 (__) WII MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES (SEGA)

35 (35) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY (TAKE 2)

36 (27) NDS SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

37 (__) PC THE SIMS 3: SEASONS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

38 (39) 360 DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION (KOCH MEDIA)

39 (25) 360 HITMAN: HD TRILOGY (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)

40 (__) 3DS MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)

Is it fair to say the UK market is really bad at the moment? I find it amazing that Aliens can drop 84% but still be 5th. Or is this a common occurrence?