N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zomg.....

been at the gym for over 3 hours today, definitely using my membership fee this month :p

Was in with pt doing the following

oly barbell - 20kg - clean and press x 10

Easily done because I can already c&p 20kg vipr x 37, and 26kg x20

snatch

-4kg single arm dumbell snatch x 10

-10kg barbell overhead squats x 10

-10kg barbell snatch x 10

This was a new one for me so trainer decided to split it up into sections, starting with the snatch in dumbell form. Thankfully he used a small weight (4kg) to start with as I managed to donk myself on the head with it as I didn't hold my arm straight. Snatches don't feel natural to me having done a lot of clean and pressing.

75 degree press and fly x 10 for both (4kg per hand)

45 degree press and fly x 10 for both (8kg per hand)

0 degree press and fly x 10 for both (8kg per hand)

because apparently different elevations use different muscles, and the higher you go up the harder it gets! Here's me thinking it would be the opposite lol.

lat pull downs x 10 - 35kg

bicep pull downs x 10 - 35kg

done lat pull downs before and quite like em. Was having a good ol perv on my trainer as he was doing the bicep pull down demo, hes got HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE biceps. :3

low rows cable - 20kg x 10 then 25kg x 10

This one was quite a challenge, not unlike a rowing machine action, but the form is REALLY crucial.. Found the 25kg quite difficult!

Rear dumbell fly - 4kg x 10

quite an unnatural movement, and the 4kg felt like 20kg.... damn im not as strong as I thought =P

Aaaaand then after that I went and did a 1 freakin hour yoga class. You would think o yoga has got to be easy... hell fucking no its not!!! My body is crying!

I am totes in love with the snatching, gonna have to put lots of time into practising the form so I get it right!

Before December I was slaughtering my running. Out at least 3 times a week. Then December came, work and illness got in the way, managed only 6 runs all month. Today I got in my 2nd of this month which is still poor. Ran a 10k timed at 48:10. Crap time, knew I wasn't at it, I can hit ~44 when I'm on form.

So bitter out this morning though, took about 3km for my hands to warm up. Got some odd looks too because I was wearing some Nike Pro leggings, man in tights.

Hope it doesn't snow too much, want to get out there this week and claw some runs in.

Gay as in happy? I hate running in non-tights so tights make me happy / gay. :P

Well, I'll be damned. In the gym, not many men wear tights, though, just loose shorts, but every girl does (which is nice as they are usually a bit transparent when stretched...) but if you look out on the streets at the people jogging, most of them wear tight leggings. It's funny that the culture is so different but I suspect that we're perhaps more concerned with exercise here in Denmark. When I was in Dublin, I hardly saw anyone jogging but a day in Copenhagen will easily amount to 50 joggers if you count them.

Bought an olympic barbell today.... no weights yet, the fact that the bar itself will be enough for me to deal with.... Can do a snatch with 20kg so not doing too bad. Gonna work on form and reps with the 20kg before i get carried away with any more weights. Had to carry the bloody thing half way across town then pretty much dismantle my wee yaris to get it fitted in.... XD

Bought an olympic barbell today.... no weights yet, the fact that the bar itself will be enough for me to deal with.... Can do a snatch with 20kg so not doing too bad. Gonna work on form and reps with the 20kg before i get carried away with any more weights. Had to carry the bloody thing half way across town then pretty much dismantle my wee yaris to get it fitted in.... XD

Woooohooo. That's awesome.

I had the exact same experience today. Picked up my barbell which Ine bought me for my birthday. (had to collect from the post office) Car seats had to go down, barbell was right next to the hand-brake. 7feet long.

Just about to give it a go now. Shoulder time!

Had squat day today apparently.

First as many reps as possible in 3 minutes of goblet squat with a 16 kg KB. Did 104 and was a bit tired.

Then we had to do 10*10 reps of back squats with 30 kg. Would have done 40 kg but my partner couldn't take it. But in retrospect I am glad I only did 30 kg as the next part of the workout was:

3*5 minutes of AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) where the rounds in each of the 5 minutes periods consisted of

10 back squat (25 kg) and 5 burpees, (did 6 full rounds)

10 front squat (25 kg) and 10 sit-ups, (again, 6 rounds)

10 overhead squats (only did 15 kg here) and 15 mountain climbers (once more, 6 rounds).

That brings me up to a total of 384 squats within an hour. My legs and lower back are killing me!

@Raining_again, what do you think of the barbell?

I "accidentally" got into all of this home-gym stuff. I originally bought a set of weights that came with a barbell and some dumbbells for home as a supplement to the gym. It wasn't intended to replace it. If I had known I would be doing this, I would probably have invested in Olympic weights.

A bit too late to start again. I quite like the standard set. You going to buy any plates?

It's lovely :D I will get plates in a couple of months maybe, when I'm up to increasing past 20. Not in a huge hurry as I can do weights at my gym too. The only thing with a lack of weights on it is that the barbell is like pretty much on the floor, bit more of a distance to go to pick it up! I'm glad I invested in an oly bar though.