N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

Fierce_LiNk

Yesssssss. Only gained 1.2lb over the last 2 weeks!! =)

I also think that I'm not any bigger inches wise.... I just got into a size 20 before christmas, was literally SQUEEEEEZED into them by the skin of my teeth, literally any amount of fat would've made them impossible to get on, but they still fit post christmas, maybe even a lil better :o All the dedication I had over christmas was worth it. Went to the gym on xmas eve, boxing day, the thursday AND sat after. And only dropped a single fast day, so not really much change diet wise! Then I got a bug and couldn't go all of new years week (not a good idea to exercise when it feels like you've been STABBED in the right lung!) but I did go today. Only did a half session so I don't risk overdoing it. Looking forward to getting back into my routine properly =)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a good supply of milk in work, and I used to drink a litre or so (probably 2, I suck at measurements) a day. I don't mind the taste of it, could probably do it more often. Thinking back, I was doing that when I was at my strongest, so maybe the extra nutrients from it helped. The downsides are that you will obviously need to go to the loo more and that you may/will gain a bit of fat along with it, unless you can be picky and get skimmed.

Yeah it's for people who are looking to gain weight (muscle) but you are likely to put on 2% bodyfat a month doing it.

Unless you sit on your arse completely all day, I really wouldn't worry about milk making you fat, the same with all this no carb bullshit. Every meal should include a good supply of carbs especially when doing some heavy lifting and every routine should be including at least some cardio.

Venison is another type of meat that's full of protein and is very tasty.

You could try wraps as a handy lunch meal at work, or even a low carb evening meal.

I remember listening to an interview with guy taking about how he 'invented' the wrap diet, where he ate nothing but wraps. Bascially the wrap limited his carb intake to pretty much the wrap itself, as well as limited his portion size to just whatever he could fit inside the wrap.

He just stuffed them with things like chicken, tuna, corned beef, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and loads of various other veggies. Light mayo sometimes too.

I'm not saying eat nothing but wraps like that that guy did, but it might be a different meal option.

I agree with milk in moderation, if you're lactose intolerant GOMAD is gonna suck, plus there's a high chance you'll gain excess body fat. I'd suggest just having a small glass of milk with your meals as opposed to regualr soft drinks.

It'll give you an extra little protein boost and will help you stop feeling hungry if you've lowered your regualr carb intake, plus your stomach will cope with it better in small quanities.

Unless you sit on your arse completely all day, I really wouldn't worry about milk making you fat, the same with all this no carb bullshit. Every meal should include a good supply of carbs especially when doing some heavy lifting and every routine should be including at least some cardio.

Venison is another type of meat that's full of protein and is very tasty.

Agreed but not sure if I could cope with drinking 4litres of full fat milk a day!!!! Urgh!!! Fortunately im not skinny, nor do I have problems putting weight on, lol :awesome:

Agreed but not sure if I could cope with drinking 4litres of full fat milk a day!!!! Urgh!!! Fortunately im not skinny, nor do I have problems putting weight on, lol :awesome:

I agree. I just assumed everyone drunk semi skimmed anyway :heh:

Fuck, leg day kicked my arse. Squats, leg raises/leg extensions, hamstring curls and calve raises. The squats in particular were lovely. Managed to get myself back up to 90kg, which is good. Legs are getting used to the weight again, so will see if we can break the 100kg mark in the next few weeks.

Love the new weights. :D

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

SQUAT SQUATS SQUATS!!!

:D

I'm going to up my 37 rep KB swing to whatevers up from 16kg when I go to the gym tomorrow, hopefully a 20. I know my gym has a 24, but I hope its not the next one up and its a monster, I could probably do 10 if pushed... We'll see. I'll give it a crack if they've no 20's!!! My pops has a 24kg kb, and i tried swinging it, got 3 pathetic swings out. Fuck you really need to have the technique right when you go heavy.

I'm getting a twitch in a nerve on my back, where the shoulder blade pokes out at the left side. Happening when I'm doing a clean and press... Think its possibly a nervous thing as its not really sore, just feels like a jolt going over my joint.... Very odd. Gonna keep at it and see how it goes

Tiiiiired. Shoulder day and threw in some calves work as I'm going to try and hit them 3 times a week. They're puny, although pretty strong. Read in various places that working them out 3 times a week should see significant growth, so let's have it.

Shoulders, though. They ache. Body is wiped out.

Well i set my alarm this morning to go off at 5:45. It went off and i woke up but i was having such a good dream (cant remember now what it was about) that i wanted to finish it off. I set my alarm again to wake up in 15 mins and fell asleep.

I woke up at 7am by my alarm rather than 6am. It seems that i had set it wrong. So thats another day without cardio.

Fail.

40 minute cycle on Monday.

45 minute spin last night.

Roll on tonight and a 30 minute spin class! Small respite before a 45 on Thursday and Friday!

Legs are pretty sore already but still going to really push it this evening! Also due to do weights again tonight; squats, bench, dead lifts and then finish it off with pull ups.

Just came back from a 30 min swim whilst on my dinner. I also picked up some sushi for my dinner at boots.

Cardio and healthy eating done.

I was reading somewhere that you actually burn a lot more calories swimming than any other exercise which i was surprised to find out. I always thought running was the real belly burner.

Cut out a lot of unnecessary secondary exercises from my workout and managed to chop almost an hour of my time spent weight session. Got it down to just over an hour now (which is what should really be) instead of the insane time I was spending before. Amazing how much more I enjoyed it.

Get on Creatine as well if you are not already taking it. It does nothing for me as i have no issue putting on the weight. Problem is that the weight gains are mostly water. Apparently it also gives you a boost whilst in the gym enabling you to do a few more sets or large weight one set. My mate swears by it amongst other stuff that hea taking

Jury's out on this still. All I know is if you do take it, you need to drink lots of water. When I used to take it I mustn't have drank enough once and during the night I woke up with a massive.... cramp in my calve - it was one of the most severe pains I've ever experienced.

Just came back from a 30 min swim whilst on my dinner. I also picked up some sushi for my dinner at boots.

Cardio and healthy eating done.

I was reading somewhere that you actually burn a lot more calories swimming than any other exercise which i was surprised to find out. I always thought running was the real belly burner.

I don't think you can really say that swimming burns more than any other type of exercise, or any any exercise burns more than another as a lot of it is down to the individual.

Squash is fantastic and apparently burns loads an hour but it's dependent on how much you push yourself. Swimming is dependent on how your technique is, what clothes you're wearing etc etc.

However, I think swimming is probably the best out of the 'main' cardio exercises (running, cycling, swimming, cross trainer and rowing) as not only is it great for CV it's great for all the muscles in your body. Shoulders, back, chest as well as legs. Not many other forms of cardio can say that.

Do lots and you'll end up like this dude which is my plan. ;)

article-2181056-1442E77A000005DC-726_634x463.jpg

Is it not something to do with the thermal effect? That your body has to work harder to keep you warm or something?

Running is the best for me calories wise, maybe kettlebell training as a close second. But I can't stand running and it's really not good for someone at 18 stone to run -_- possibly the reason why it burns so much? Don't think someone half my size would burn even half the cals I do.

I'm doing a kettlebell cardio plan at the moment. 20 sets of 30:30 seconds work: break. Swinging as fast as i can (with proper form) for each set. 15 per set is a moderate number to start to work towards, then working up to max of 20.

Once you get 20 sets of 20 swings, you can then up it to doing a 45:15 work:rest ratio and a max of 30 swings in 45 seconds.

On my first try I was aiming to get 20 per set, perhaps a bad idea as I burned out pretty quickly. Only did 15 sets: 21, 20, 21, 20, 18, 15 (break) 20, 15, 11 (break) 21, 20, 15 (break) 22, 15 (break) 20. That's with an 8kg kettlebell. Had a chat with my old man who suggested that rather than going for broke with the 20 swings, start aiming for 15 per set and do the whole thing... Instead of going hard and burning out. I guess I'm still in weightlifting mode lol.. Need to learn to do less and keep the cardio side of it up (ie not taking the rests I did)

Yeah, swimming has less impact on the joints. I wish I was better at it, being in water is not really my thing (unless it's a hot shower :p)

Squash is excellent for cardio. I'm not a fan of running or jogging. After a while, I become aware that I'm doing it and my legs just don't seem to want to move easily/calves start to ache. But, football or squash, I can go for ages without any trouble. Funny how the mind and body works.

Back day for me today. First time I've deadlifted since getting the new plates. They work a treat, they're just the right height to do proper deadlifts with ease. Managed to get back to 100kg for 4 reps and then 3. Not bad considering I've not gone that heavy for a while. Should be able to go heavier next time. Loved the sensation of it. Also threw in some shrugs as I'm going to exercise them about 3 times a week too, along with the calves. Figured I'd hit the shrugs whenever I do shoulders, back and maybe chest, then work the calves during leg day, and any 2 of shoulders, back or chest.

3rd day of spin/cycling in a row last night (Spin on Monday was cancelled so I cycled 42 mins or so instead).

Legs are pretty sore as I'm eating well under maintenance! Booked in for another class tonight but I'm not sure about it, might take a rest day of cardio and do weights instead as my legs were killing me and I could feel a hamstring cramp coming on after 15 mins last night.

WOO HOT SHOWERS :D I'm the same, not much of a swimmer, and chlorine is like poison to me, irritates my skin and sets of my rhinitis. Pity cause I'd love to do some swimming!

I've got a PT sesh on Sunday at 12:30 (for an hour) then I'm going to go to a Yoga seminar & masterclass (from 1:00 to 2:30) gonna be a long ass day.

Also talking of ass, i caught sight of a hot ass in the mirror of the changing room, felt guilty for perving on some chick, then realised I was the only person in the changing room... LOL. Dem Squats. :)

Note to self: blue hair makes blue sweat, all over YO FACE.