NEurope
lostmario

Nintendo Direct: 5th December 5pm GMT

Info on being able to play virtual console games on the Wii U, rather than going to Wii mode would be sweet, but expecting no more than some release dates for a few Wii U and 3DS games.

Info on being able to play virtual console games on the Wii U, rather than going to Wii mode would be sweet, but expecting no more than some release dates for a few Wii U and 3DS games.

Yes I'm hoping for our first glimpse of VC stuff. I'd love to see Jet Set Radio, the Sega Model 2 collection and Darkstalkers Resurrection for a start! I'll only buy Gamecube games if they get the HD bump... or if they release Chibi-Robo!!

I really wouldn't like them to talk anymore about Animal Crossing! I just want a release date and that's it haha. The game has gotten enough attention already. I want release dates for Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Luigi's mansion and hopefully some new 3DS titles (not going to happen)

The e-shop is currently down for maintenance so I'm guessing there's something system affecting on 3ds coming tomorrow. Could be NNID integration?, could be video chat across 3DS&WiiU?, could be something else....but I'll put money on it being a system feature.

The e-shop is currently down for maintenance so I'm guessing there's something system affecting on 3ds coming tomorrow. Could be NNID integration?, could be video chat across 3DS&WiiU?, could be something else....but I'll put money on it being a system feature.

Unlikely. The Wii Shop and DSi Shop are also down

I thought I was being modest! If you want my standard 3DS Wish List it's here:

Wind Waker-type Zelda

Dragon Quest XI

Shantae 3 (confirmed!)

2D Metroid

...and that's about it, really!

Haha, to be fair I forgot Code of Princess and Etrian Odyssey IV have either been released or has a release date in the US so yeah they could be possible.

Secretly hoping for a DQX English beta announcement but not getting my hopes up.

Am I the only one on here hoping that they don't reveal too much new stuff that I want? My backlog is big enough at the moment and that's not even including the stuff I know about but havn't bought/hasn't been released yet! :heh:

Seriously tho, the one thing I would like to see announced is a new Zelda for the 3DS, and if that happens then the past week will have been the most win I've experienced in a long time after the Wii U launch was followed by getting Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask for free in the 3DS XL game giveaway that's currently going on!

Am I the only one on here hoping that they don't reveal too much new stuff that I want?

Yes you are.

I'd much rather see 'Wind Waker 2' on Wii U!

I hope they don't feel the need to continue that style only on the handhelds because the Phantom Hourglass and Spirits Tracks did a reallt poor job of emulating it.

Thus I hope a Zelda for 3DS is Majora's Mask, and the Wii U can get an awesome animated adventure!

I'd much rather see 'Wind Waker 2' on Wii U!

I hope they don't feel the need to continue that style only on the handhelds because the Phantom Hourglass and Spirits Tracks did a reallt poor job of emulating it.

Thus I hope a Zelda for 3DS is Majora's Mask, and the Wii U can get an awesome animated adventure!

To be honest, any core first party Wii U content being announced would be a godsent at this point.

However:

Japanese N-Direct in half an hour! I assume the content will be quite different, as they don't have their mitts on the Wii U yet. Maybe some warnings about the arduous update procedure. :laughing: Not getting my hopes up for 3DS Zelda...

Needless to say, I have six different updates prepared for news today. All in anticipation of course, I always do this...assess all the possibilities, Pokémon wise, and prepare accordingly

Bet it's an hour long video of Iwata doing the system update, gets impatient and pulls out the power and bricks his Wii U. :laughing:

It's gonna be awesome being able to watch this on my TV without having to mess around with hooking up my laptop! :D (and I can even post here while I do it! :) )

I APPROVE OF LEGO IWATA!!! :D

And moving from fruit (banana) to veg (carrot)... WHAT DOES IT ALL MEEEEAAANNN!?

So does ustream work with HTML5/gamepad? Gonna give it a try.

It does. I'm watching it through my Wii U right now :)

OH! So Game & Wario includes a Wario Ware mode as well! (that's a brilliant use of the second screen BTW!)

Edited by Dcubed

Mario U Channel? Interesting.

It's a Youtube channel, for Super Play and hints/tips videos.

WOW! Pikmin 3 looks stunning! :o

Nice to see that they're putting the amazing lighting to use as a gameplay mechanic!

Again though, it only shows you collecting treasures and there's no HUD on screen... Still not clear exactly what they're going for with the core gameplay focus with this (time limited, heavy character switching or not? What's the game's main gimmick that seperates it from 1 & 2? :confused:)

Remember guys. The JPN NintendoTVii is completely different to the US one.

Oooh, Panorama View resurfaces! (did that video list a free price?)

Oh, Google Maps app. Neat! (nice use of the Gamepad for a panorama view!)

Edited by Dcubed