NEurope
lostmario

Nintendo Direct: 5th December 5pm GMT

696957532.jpg

Nintendo of Europe has confirmed that a Nintendo Direct presentation will take place on the 5th December (that's tomorrow).

The presentation will occur at 5PM UK time and will focus on 2012 and "early 2013" software for the Wii U and 3DS. It will be hosted by Nintendo of Europe President Satoru Shibata.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/this_weeks_european_nintendo_direct_to_focus_on_wii_u_and_3ds_games

" The Wii U has failed. Due to the poor sales we are going 3rd party in 2013, as well as creating iOS games."

Presentation ends. :D

I'd like to see something new but it doesn't sound promising if it's just up to early 2013. What else besides Pikmin 3 does Nintendo have and that started life as a Wii title?

" The Wii U has failed. Due to the poor sales we are going 3rd party in 2013, as well as creating iOS games."

Presentation ends. :D

Oh crap, a post bled through from NeoGAF :p

They should make a Nintendo Direct app for the Wii U so you can watch it there on your TV

Oh crap, a post bled through from NeoGAF :p

They should make a Nintendo Direct app for the Wii U so you can watch it there on your TV

They need to sort certain online stuff out before faffing on with apps.

They need to sort certain online stuff out before faffing on with apps.

Such as? The Wii U's online seems brilliant to me

Seriously though, they say Nintendo Direct expands their announcements to a wider market, putting an App for live streaming (with SpotPass notifications when one is coming) would be very beneficial for them. In Japan, the videos get added to the 3DS eShop afterwards, but this is the next logical step

I'd like to see something new but it doesn't sound promising if it's just up to early 2013. What else besides Pikmin 3 does Nintendo have and that started life as a Wii title?

You never know

Reggie said that unannounced Wii U games are in development, including some that will release “during the launch window that we haven’t announced yet.”

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/728238/unannounced-games-for-wii-u-launch-window-revealed/

I'm with serebii an app would be great. Watch it on the gamepad would be perfect! Apple have one with Apple TV and its great

In Japan, the videos get added to the 3DS eShop afterwards, but this is the next logical step

So does the European one. An app would be nice though. Does ustream support HTML 5?

What else does Nintendo need into early 2013? The Wii U has an amazing launch line-up with the best third party support Nintendo have ever had. Pikmin 3 will be great and we all know Nintendo has the best first party IPs in the industry.

We know there will be Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and a host of other titles. Anyone saying 'Nintendo have got nothing' need to stop trolling.

So does the European one. An app would be nice though. Does ustream support HTML 5?

I don't think so. I think it's flash only which is why I think this app is a good idea.

Revealing it to players through SpotPass and having it show up in an app would make the whole Nintendo Direct thing even more worthwhile

I don't think so. I think it's flash only which is why I think this app is a good idea.

I think they can also provide HTML5 streams, I think I saw one not too long ago.

Revealing it to players through SpotPass and having it show up in an app would make the whole Nintendo Direct thing even more worthwhile

True, there could also be people who have a Wii U that may not know about the Direct Conferences, having this appear as a notification that links them to the eShop for a downloadable app would be very helpful.

Such as? The Wii U's online seems brilliant to me

You tried playing a game online yet?

The lack of instant messaging via the OS is annoying as hell. When you play something like CoD online you can't even access things like the Miiverse, the home button is disabled. Instead everything has to be done in game.

Also I would like my friends list to be in alphabetical order rather order if being added. Cab you do this? A minor point but a welcome one nonetheless.

You tried playing a game online yet?

The lack of instant messaging via the OS is annoying as hell. When you play something like CoD online you can't even access things like the Miiverse, the home button is disabled. Instead everything has to be done in game.

Also I would like my friends list to be in alphabetical order rather order if being added. Cab you do this? A minor point but a welcome one nonetheless.

That may be a problem with CoD, but I agree, that should be rectified...and we should get Party Chat, but the online other than that is amazing. Miiverse is fantastic, as is the eShop (prices for full games not withstanding)

Well Nintendo is publishing the Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover and Ninja Gaiden 3 which isn't out in PAL regions yet. Wii Fit U is also supposed to be a "Launch Window" game.

That may be a problem with CoD, but I agree, that should be rectified...and we should get Party Chat, but the online other than that is amazing. Miiverse is fantastic, as is the eShop (prices for full games not withstanding)

Party chat wouldnt be that much of an issue if you could send an instant message, but sadly you can't.

Tekken is another game where you can't access the home button during certain sections. Its really annoying. Wanna see who's just come online? Well you can't unless you back out.

Other than these major issues that I have everything is fine.

Well Nintendo is publishing the Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover and Ninja Gaiden 3 which isn't out in PAL regions yet. Wii Fit U is also supposed to be a "Launch Window" game.

I'm talking about Nintendo developed games and please don't mention Wii Fit U, especially as a "game". *shudders*

I'm talking about Nintendo developed games and please don't mention Wii Fit U, especially as a "game". *shudders*

Wii Fit sold quite a lot and a new version, especially if it comes out in very early January, would be killer in sales

A nintendo Direct? today? and just when my hunger for new game information was peeking!

I bet that unannounced launch window game will be announced - it will be Skyward Sword HD with Gamepad aka button Controls and an extra HD dungeon :p

We'll get the launch dates for the likes of Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Ninja Gaiden, and if were lucky some future teasers

as for 3DS maybe Finally we'll get more info on that Zelda Game in development they mentioned many many moons ago

Wii Fit U is more of a utility than a game, just like the daily logs

App or not, I'll be watching this through my Wii U tomorrow! :D

Is this just for Europe? Any word on a US/JPN one?

App or not, I'll be watching this through my Wii U tomorrow! :D

Is this just for Europe? Any word on a US/JPN one?

None yet. We'll probably hear of others tomorrow

as for 3DS maybe Finally we'll get more info on that Zelda Game in development they mentioned many many moons ago

The next Zelda will most likely be a MM remake.

Wii Fit sold quite a lot and a new version, especially if it comes out in very early January, would be killer in sales

Ffs. We all know it sold a mountain load. That's not the point. What "game" would you rather PLAY, Wii Fit U or NSMBU?