NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Remember @Eddage, double Hard Mode raid gear to be picked up on Sunday on chars that haven't already done it!

Good shout, need to do it with my Titan to get the fragments though, so Titan Tuesday, Hunter Thursday, Warlock Sunday should do the trick nicely :heh:

Remember @Eddage, double Hard Mode raid gear to be picked up on Sunday on chars that haven't already done it!

Is that actually true? Seems kind of dumb.

That's how it's always been. If you beat a HM raid you get cumulative rewards for the lower level, but HM quality drops. It's great!

Raid:

This Thursday, who's in? 8pm (with the intention to carry it on over the weekend)

@Blade

* agent gibbs

* shorty

* Eddage

@

@

Anyone?

Just bumping Blade's Thursday raid session, two spaces left that i can see

Just bumping Blade's Thursday raid session, two spaces left that i can see

I'll take one of those spots too if they're still going. Would be good to get two of my characters geared up for Hard Mode.

I'll take one of those spots too if they're still going. Would be good to get two of my characters geared up for Hard Mode.

Yeah I'm in. Have been waiting for the maintenance to be done.

Cool! @Blade looks like we've got a full raid for Thursday? What time were you wanting us to Raid?

Brilliant, shall we say 8pm? (I don't get back into Sheffield while 7 and I need my tea :) )

Have anyone read that Kotaku article about the Destiny messy storyline? Was shocked to learn that Dreadnought was supposed to be in the vanilla game.

Have anyone read that Kotaku article about the Destiny messy storyline? Was shocked to learn that Dreadnought was supposed to be in the vanilla game.

Yeah, gave it a read last night. It's getting a lot of flak around the net from places but I thought it was pretty insightful into some of what's happened to bring about a game which even now does seem to be somewhat short on content.

It raises a lot of questions about why they let the game and its story develop as far it did before putting a halt to it and drastically changing everything at the last minute. The points about how the new missions came about, when thinking about it in retrospect, is a little bit apparent in how they seem to have stitched segments and encounters together.

And the change in content in the game, removing the Dreadnaught till now along with the Mars raid and the European Dead Zone as well as handing off some content to High Moon Studios for next year's title. It's a shame that we didn't get it all as initially planned at the start but like the Dreadnaught surfacing now, I suspect much that was left out will make an appearance. The crucible maps Widow's Court and Memento are probably reworked from the European Dead Zone content but I still think that'll re-appear in the near future.

I think the hope to take away from it is that after all of this and the steps forward with TTK, that Bungie are now set on a plan of action for content and won't encounter this extent of issues again.

At least a lot of the original lore is still there. Been reading the posts on destinyfollower about the Book of Sorrows and it really does make you wish that it was more prominent in the game because it is so interesting and good.

uhh that article was depressing, and everything everyone expected!

I had almost forgotten about The Speaker & The Stranger underused characters that are now gone or just a crappy vendor

Its even more depressing Europe had disappeared from TTK, so has a new area of Mars (obviously an open Phobos) especially since its been passed on to some other company for the 2016 Destiny Sequel

I still kinda think it's shocking that we've been playing Destiny a year and not interacted with the Traveller at all.

Theres not even any hint that it might awaken, the Travellers kind of a pointless thing at the moment

Cool! @Blade looks like we've got a full raid for Thursday? What time were you wanting us to Raid?

I'm not certain but I think this post from Drift...

Yeah I'm in. Have been waiting for the maintenance to be done.

Was in reply to the raid I was organising last night, might want to double check that he is actually in for tomorrow night as well.

@DriftKaiser, can you clear this up?

(I may have overcomplicated the whole thing with this post but if he was replying to myself and can't do tomorrow then there is still a space open).

I'm amazed that the game was anywhere near as enjoyable as it is with all those problems.

They really need to sort their work pipeline out. A whole night to open a map is absurd.

Hopefully the worst is behind them.

Yeah, gave it a read last night. It's getting a lot of flak around the net from places but I thought it was pretty insightful into some of what's happened to bring about a game which even now does seem to be somewhat short on content.

It raises a lot of questions about why they let the game and its story develop as far it did before putting a halt to it and drastically changing everything at the last minute. The points about how the new missions came about, when thinking about it in retrospect, is a little bit apparent in how they seem to have stitched segments and encounters together.

And the change in content in the game, removing the Dreadnaught till now along with the Mars raid and the European Dead Zone as well as handing off some content to High Moon Studios for next year's title. It's a shame that we didn't get it all as initially planned at the start but like the Dreadnaught surfacing now, I suspect much that was left out will make an appearance. The crucible maps Widow's Court and Memento are probably reworked from the European Dead Zone content but I still think that'll re-appear in the near future.

I think the hope to take away from it is that after all of this and the steps forward with TTK, that Bungie are now set on a plan of action for content and won't encounter this extent of issues again.

At least a lot of the original lore is still there. Been reading the posts on destinyfollower about the Book of Sorrows and it really does make you wish that it was more prominent in the game because it is so interesting and good.

To be fair articles like this makes all the choices made seem worse than what they really are. Its easy to look back and have hindsight. Also most of the article reaffirms existing speculation point to point found in places like reddit. As someone who also is aware of projects and how they were handled none of this seems unusal. If anything it shows why Bungie are good at what they do.

While the game was too thin for me during beta I am really happy with the Taken King. One of the big surprises this year for me.

Content is something many developers struggle with. Cutting stuff is normal. Even subscription games have trouble in that area.

Theres not even any hint that it might awaken, the Travellers kind of a pointless thing at the moment

Yeah I hope they move this forward abit.

The Hive backstory is interesting but too heavy for a game. I would love elements in a future story line. The whole Fundament stuff is great. Its also funny how Oryx is killed given the history of the Hive destroying hundreds of planets, a federation of civilisations etc. They seem unstoppable until the guardians come along for loot :p

Edited by Choze

Its also funny how Oryx is killed given the history of the Hive destroying hundreds of planets, a federation of civilisations etc. They seem unstoppable until the guardians come along for loot :p

According to lore, taking out Crota seriously weakened Oryx. He needs Crota to deliver tribute and feed his worm. Oryx basically comes to our system out of desperation. And we took Crota out after systematically destroying the embodiment of his heart, hands and eyes.

The bigger they were, the harder they fell.

I'm baaaaaaaaaack ;D

Have I missed anything exciting? I feel I'm miles behind all of you guys now, so may need to be dragged through the raid at some stage!