N-Europe

The Cell Games 1: DIH Mafia

EEVILMURRAY

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EEVILMURRAY Do you have data (3G) on your phone? ie. internet on the go?

If so on your Android go to the play store and search for "Clockworkmod Tether". Make sure the app you click has 'no root' in the title.

Install it and follow the instructions under the app description. Basically this will make your phone 3G connection act as your PC/laptop internet connection. It will give internet to your PC from you phone.

You need to install this software on your PC to setup the connection and connect your phone via USB to the PC to establish the link. Run the app on your phone and activate the tethering.

If you don't have a 3G connection there's phone networks like giffgaff that have cheap 30 day rolling tariffs for a tenner that include a good amount of data. 3G is easily more than enough for web browsing with little noticeable slowdown for this compared to normal broadband. It's often phones loading pages slower that gives the illusion that 3G is a lot slower.

Edited by Sheikah

Ok. The amount of restarting I've done is stupid and I'll get this out of the way whilst exploring those tethering options. I've copied this out from a Word doc on my PC so forgive any spelling errors.

Cell floated above, with Creamy he Spoon gone, he could concentrate on the action below. Everythjng was manic. People were chasing others all over the place. Many found themselves niwhere near where they wanted to be. Only one pair of tunnels appeared that night which resulted in the Shaman's magic being reflected. The Cloud invstigated from above. A scientist was invited to stay at a hotel and the little oragnge creature checked out the owner.

Agent Jay and his crew were perfecting their routine. Feeling invigorated from the night before they had the energy to perform two nights in a row! Leaving from EBA HQ and leaping from their super-fly car they flashed their badges:

"Are you ready!? Three! Two! One! Go!"

Before they could move an inch they were savaged by a wild creature.

@mr\-paul

@Jon Dedede

@Magnus Peterson

@Diageo

@Marcamillian

Well, damn, we lost another roleblocker...

And I recall being accused of something *goes check* Ah, I was accused of not roleblocking Dedede. Not sure where that came from, I did, and I'm pretty sure it worked.

But now...I have interesting information with me, but something's off, because I targeted Nintendohnut but I don't actually appear near the cloud in the write-up. I don't appear anywhere, for that matter.

Magnus.

HOWEVER.

I owe Magnus Peterson an apology. The information I received on night 3 was that he was evil. However, as the day went on I began to doubt my information. People who were suspicious were following my information and those I trusted weren't.

Last night I investigated myself. My result showed that I was evil. This means that I AM A DUMB COP.

(for those that are new to the game, a dumb cop gets the opposite results when investigating, so good players appear evil and evil players appear good)

My targets:

Night 1: mr-paul (I was roleblocked)

Night 2: mr-paul - GOOD

Night 3: Magnus Peterson - EVIL

Night 4: Myself - EVIL

Magnus Peterson is good, and I really want to hear from mr-paul.

Vote: mr-paul

Incidentally, I strongly suspect Jonnas, but that can be cleared up later. I'll post the list of characters shortly, but the fact that DuD was killed by being 'savaged by a wild creature' should narrow things down nicely.

On second thoughts, I will Remove Vote for now. It's a pressure vote but at this stage a pressure vote in the wrong place could help the mafia complete a lynch. Let's wait and see what paul has to say and we'll go from there.

Cell floated above, with Creamy he Spoon gone, he could concentrate on the action below. Everythjng was manic. People were chasing others all over the place. Many found themselves niwhere near where they wanted to be. Only one pair of tunnels Diageo? appeared that night which resulted in the Shaman's magic Marcamillian being reflected. The Cloud Nintendohnut invstigated from above. A scientist mr-paul was invited to stay at a hotel Jon Dedede and the little oragnge creature Magnus Peterson checked out the owner.

Agent Jay and his crew were perfecting their routine. Feeling invigorated from the night before they had the energy to perform two nights in a row! Leaving from EBA HQ and leaping from their super-fly car they flashed their badges:

"Are you ready!? Three! Two! One! Go!"

Before they could move an inch they were savaged by a wild creature

Unaccounted for:

- Jimbob

- Jonnas

- mr-paul (depending on what Jon Dedede does)

- Maybe Diageo, depending on why there was only one tunnel

Important to note, however, that Jonnas can become anyone, so he could quite easily be disguised as someone, while the other person performs the kill. Or Jonnas could kill, disguised as someone else.

?????????? - The Mushroom - Jimbob

LAKITU - cloud creature - Nintendohnut

BRUCE BANNER/HULK - radiation vote boosting - mr-paul

KIRBY - pink thing - Jonnas

ZINGY - small orange creature - magnus peterson

EXCADRILL - mole - Diageo

?????????? - An Australian businessman - Jon Dedede

?????????? - The Shaman - marc?

A master detective - Rummy - dead

Man in the Van - Cube - mafia - dead

Polar Bear - Yvonne

Sportacus - The Peeps

ELITE BEAT AGENTS - three men in suits - DuD

Unknown Characters:

@Jon Dedede

@Marcamillian

@Jimbob

Please can these three claim characters? Not 'I'm the mushroom' - the actual specific character (e.g. 'Toad' or 'Paras' or whatever).

This all seems legit to me.

As much as I am suspicious of Dohnut and the convenient backing out of his accusation yesterday (though it might be entirely true... it IS convenient)... I'm not totally adverse to mr-paul being lynched.

What I am curious about is Diageo... you've been causing a lot of chaos and once I start speaking up you target me?

Last night I investigated myself. My result showed that I was evil. This means that I AM A DUMB COP.

I can confirm you appear evil, because that's what I did. I re-checked your power against yourself. I got "evil vibes" coming from you. But of course, a mafia investigator makes no sense.

Dumb cop was also my first thought, but then how do we explain the fact that I investigated Rummy and got a "good detective" result? The fact that I don't appear in the write-up made me think I was redirected to someone else, but you have a similar result to mine.

Also, I think mr-paul is neutral, actually. I trusted him because he kept targeting DuD, someone I also trusted. Now I think he was working for him or with him.

Important to note, however, that Jonnas can become anyone, so he could quite easily be disguised as someone, while the other person performs the kill. Or Jonnas could kill, disguised as someone else.

This is incorrect. Every time I appear in the write-up, I'm described as a "pink thing". I copy powers, but my appearance remains the same (yes, Kirby has multiple hats, but the write-ups made no mention of any hat).

Dumb cop was also my first thought, but then how do we explain the fact that I investigated Rummy and got a "good detective" result? The fact that I don't appear in the write-up made me think I was redirected to someone else, but you have a similar result to mine.

Are you saying that you copied dohnut's power when investigating Rummy?

Forgive me... I missed the first part of the game.

Well this does put us in a pickle then. Would Dohnut be so brazen as to switch from one attempted framing to another? At very least lynching Dohnut will save us having to try and work out what kind of spin of investigator he is.

Vote: Nintendohnut

If I was evil, why am I doing the most work at analysing night phases and powers to work out who is and who isn't accounted for?

I'm assuming you're completely positive that I'm mafia? Because it's pretty likely that the mafia are only two, maybe one vote from majority, and putting a vote on the wrong person could lose the town the game. So you must be 100% sure to risk it like this.

What's most interesting to me is that I have revealed literally everything about my role, my targets, and spent a great deal of time analysing write-ups and working out characters to try to narrow things down. You haven't revealed your power, your character or your targets. Want to share anything? At this late stage I'm not sure what you think is going to happen if you reveal stuff about yourself. It's only going to help narrow things down.

@Jon Dedede what do you do? Are you a roleblocker of some kind? If so, and you targeted mr-paul last night (shown in the write-up) that means that every player apart from Jonnas appears. We need some confirmation, but if Jon Dedede's power is to stop a player carrying out their power then Jonnas HAS to be the killer. He's the only player not mentioned.

If I was evil, why am I doing the most work at analysing night phases and powers to work out who is and who isn't accounted for?

I'm assuming you're completely positive that I'm mafia? Because it's pretty likely that the mafia are only two, maybe one vote from majority, and putting a vote on the wrong person could lose the town the game. So you must be 100% sure to risk it like this.

If its as close as your saying then a mafia might be tempted to make a bold claim to push the odds right? Surely it would be a benefit for the mafia to be doing "the most analysis" and directing the lines of enquiry?

Also, as with any mafia game... any action that would "clearly show me as town" is the perfect cover for mafia. No I am not 100% sure.. but that's most of the point of mafia games... you never can be.

What's most interesting to me is that I have revealed literally everything about my role, my targets, and spent a great deal of time analysing write-ups and working out characters to try to narrow things down. You haven't revealed your power, your character or your targets. Want to share anything? At this late stage I'm not sure what you think is going to happen if you reveal stuff about yourself. It's only going to help narrow things down.

If you don't trust me fell free to throw a vote on. Jimbob seems to be fine and dandy and his power worked.

Killer must be either Jonnas or mr-paul. Everyone else is clearly shown in the write-up. I'd be pretty confident it's Jonnas at this point. @Jon Dedede what do you do? Are you a roleblocker of some kind? If so, and you targeted mr-paul last night (shown in the write-up) that means that every player apart from Jonnas appears. We need some confirmation, but if Jon Dedede's power is to stop a player carrying out their power then Jonnas HAS to be the killer. He's the only player not mentioned.

Am I right in thinking that everyone was mentioned in the first write up... none of which were described as the killer? If so.. doesn't that kind of shoot this line of enquiry down?

I'm not placing a vote until we've heard from others. We need to know what both mr-Paul and Jon Dedede did last night before we answer anything. Just bear this in mind, however - if you're wrong, and I'm townie then the mafia will win without a doubt. Just something to bear in mind. Obviously you don't think you're wrong, but just something to consider.

There's got to be three mafiosos left. My suspicions, in order:

Mr-paul

Jonnas

Marcamillian

Jon Dedede

Diageo

Jimbob

Magnus Peterson

Just to put it out there.

If mr-paul hasn't responded by midday tomorrow I'm placing my vote on him. I'd be happy to lynch Jonnas, too, if that's a preferred option.

@Jonnas my biggest problem is that you simply do not appear in the write up and every other character does. So where are you? And if you didn't kill last night, who did? Who do you think killed last night?

@Marcamillian - aside from me, who do you suspect? Who are you thinking is suspicious apart from me? And who do you suspect killed last night?

SECOND POST: sorry, I missed a question.

Marcamillian - no, not everyone was mentioned in the first write up. Well, they were, but the man with the van was only mentioned being targeted, not targeting.

Have you read the write up closely? If you have a close look you'll see that almost everyone is mentioned. Everyone except the pink blob is mentioned, in fact. Now, not all of them are shown to be targeting someone, as I pointed out, but several people are shown targeting other players. These people can't have killed, as they are shown targeting. Therefore, those who aren't shown targeting (mr-Paul and Jonnas) are the only ones it can be.

It doesn't shoot down the line of enquiry. At this point I think it's one of the best lines of enquiry we have.

Dohnut, I've thought about this myself, and indeed, things look shady on mr-paul's side, but I refuse to believe it could be him. He enhances voting, and targeted DuD every night, so unless you can convince me that DuD was secretly mafia, I don't think he's the killer.

(No, your investigation doesn't convince me either, Rummy appeared good in it.)

As for me, I can't explain my absence, I know I targeted you, I gave you proof, so I don't know what happened. But then again, I noticed it says the cloud watched from above, when you say you targeted yourself, so that's something that's also not right.

There's a third theory I just remembered... Basically, I think Diageo doesn't fully redirect/roleblock. When I copied him, he also targeted me, but I was still able to dig under Yvonne (one of my original targets). I tried asking what the holes did out loud when it happened, but since I didn't want to out Diageo at the time, I dropped the subject and forgot all about it until now.

Diageo, any light you can shed on the subject?