NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert Eleven Season 25: A New Hope

Didn't expect a draw against DuD, never mind a win! Woooooop! Just hoping that I can get the win when I play him at Nogsy Park. :)

It was a great result today, but tbh I'm just relieved it wasn't, like, 6-0 or something, 'cause that would have been really embarrassing... ;)

Good game, la!

I hate you @Aqui1a :cry: :cry: :cry:

This seems to be the season of own goals =\

N-Euro Elite League Round Three

***The Sixty-Fourthers 0-2 Intergalactico Stars***

Former Elite League champions, Intergalactico Stars, have not had the best of starts this season but their narrow win last round seems to have put them back on track and today it was business as usual. Nikos Papadopoulos took Intergalactico into the lead with a goal in the 25th minute, scoring from the only chance of the first half. In the second half, Eddie Guerrero was able to score a second goal for Intergalactico in the 68th minute. The Sixty-Fourthers did hit back hard in the second half, managing four chances to Intergalactico’s two, but they were unable to score. It was a close game but Intergalactico had the upper hand all the way through.

****Real Peeps 3-4 Madpool***

Madpool took an early lead against Real Peeps this round with goals from Spence Monk and Archie Gay being scored in the 11th and 16th minutes. Real Peeps actually matched Madpool for chances in the first half but Madpool completely outclassed them by scoring from both of theirs. In the second half, Darrell Sedgewick pushed Madpool further into the lead with a goal in the 49th minute but a stroke of luck in the 60th minute breathed a second wind into Real Peeps as Ed Kent scored an own goal against Madpool! Redmond Phelan seized the chance and managed to get a goal in the 67th minute, closely followed by Jimmy Exton in the 70th. The scores were now 3-3 after Madpool had been leading the entire game and it looked like things might stay that way as Real Peeps were becoming more dominant but although they ended up with more chances total, Real Peeps did not have the accuracy of Madpool’s players and in the 83rd minute, Spence Monk scored the winning goal for Madpool.

****Eights United 3-0 Winston Gardens FC****

Eights United are another team who’ve had a shaky start to the season after a shock draw away to Real Peeps but in this game they show that they are not to be trifled with. Hjalmar Seljevold gets the typical early 4th minute goal for Eights United but their second goal was not so typical in that it was an own goal by Charles Ingham! Winston Gardens were now 2-0 down and yet to make a single attempt on their opponent’s goal. Eights were still dominating in the second half and in the 54th minute, Marvin Capwell scored Eights’ third goal. It seemed Eights were really out to prove something today with a 3-0 victory and not allowing Winston Gardens to create a single chance on goal.

****Battlestar Odwinica 5-3 Silverdale Hotpot****

A staggeringly good game was played between these two teams today but surely a frustrating one for Silverdale Hotpot as they were undone by a single player! Fritjof Tygesen scored four goals for Battlestar Odwinica while Silverdale’s goals came from Steven Calderwood, who scored twice, and Andreu Delgadillo who scored an own goal against Odwinica. The score was 3-1 to Odwinica at half time and the first goal of the second half was an own goal which spurred Silverdale on to level the scores at 3-3 in the 56th minute. It was Battlestar Odwinica all the way though, getting a 5th goal in the 91st minute and making 11 chances overall compared to just 5 from Silverdale.

****AC Elites 0-2 Dragooooo*****

Dragooooo must have been nervous coming in to this game against their rivals, AC Elites, knowing that Elites had already secured a draw against Intergalactico who beat Dragooooo 5-4 just one round later. Knowing the Elites like to play things defensively, Dragooooo opted for a heavy midfield to keep things in their opponent’s half. A freekick in the 11th minute put Dragooooo into the lead as it was easily scored by Daan Wielink. AC Elites defence held up for most of the game but another freekick was awarded in the 80th minute which allowed Daan Wielink to set it up for Ernesto Iacopino who scored the second goal for Dragooooo! It could’ve been a close game with AC Elites making 5 attempts on goal while Dragooooo had 7 but AC Elites’ keeper just couldn’t handle the pressure of those freekicks which cost them the game.

Most Important Result: Battlestar Odwinica 5-3 Silverdale Hotpot, with this result, Silverdale drop from 2nd to 5th while Odwinica move up into 4th from 5th. It’s quite close between the top 5 teams with some surprise results coming in each round, it’s anybody’s guess what the table will look like next round!

Manager of the Round: Fierce Link, Dragooooo, the only manager to achieve a rating of 5 this round, Fierce Link takes the award after an impressive 2-0 victory away from home against his nemesis, Ellmeister.

Player of the Round: Fritjof Tygesen, Battlestar Odwinica, an easy choice this round. Tygesen scored four goals for Odwinica and assisted in the 5th. A world class player!

N-Euro Elite League Round Four

***Madpool 6-2 Winston Gardens FC***

Winston Gardens start off strong this round with a goal in the very first minute scored by Magnus Ahnfeldt, but a freekick in the 6th minute quickly levels the scores again as Reggie Hales steers it in. Archie Gay followed this up in the 33rd minute to put Madpool 2-1 up but a penalty in the 36th minute levelled the scores again as Magnus Ahnfeldt beats the keeper! Not willing to leave things tied at half time, Reggie Hales managed to get another goal for Madpool in the 41st minute. It was an intense first half for Winston Gardens fans but unfortunately the second half was not as fun for them to watch. Stanley Trainer scored two goals for Madpool in the 49th and 59th minutes and in the 72nd minute he set up a final 6th goal for Madpool, scored by Steven Gerrard. Impressively, Winston Gardens had only two attempts on goal and scored from them both… but even more impressively, Madpool had 16 chances on goal and definitely deserved the win.

****Intergalactico Stars 1-1 Real Peeps****

Intergalactico had seemed like they were back on track after a couple of steady wins but Real Peeps have been performing surprisingly well and manage to hold the giants to a draw away from home! Real Peeps had two attempts on goal in the first half while Intergalactico had only one but Intergalactico were first to score as Dantius Palpatine scored from a penalty in the 66th minute. Real Peeps caught their lucky break in the 71st minute as Dantae Servidei managed to get a goal from their only chance in the second half. Intergalactico had five attempts on goal overall but only managed to score from their penalty kick.

***Silverdale Hotpot 2-1 Eights United**

Silverdale come on strong against Eights whom they’ve only lost at home to once in 15 games, getting a goal in the 5th minute thanks to a shot in the penalty area by Cristiano Romero. An own goal in the 21st minute caused nearly every Eights United fan to face palm as Dagfinn Jalland misjudged a pass to his keeper and accidentally scored! Silverdale were now 2-0 up and Eights had to play catch up fast, fortunately the majority of the game was still ahead of them. It wasn’t until the 53rd minute that Hjalmar Seljevold was able to score for Eights United to bring the score up to a respectable 2-1 but Eights were unable to score again. It was a close game but the own goal sealed Eights’ fate this round.

***The Sixty-Fourthers 3-2 Dragooooo**

After a stellar performance away from home last round, Dragooooo were ready for another victory and they certainly gave it a good go but The Sixty-Fourthers played the long game and managed to sneak a win at the end! Both teams were evenly matched in the ratings but The Sixty-Fourthers had a slight tactical edge. Sirwan Baralla kicked things off with a goal in the 12th minute for The Sixty-Fourthers but they weren’t ahead for long as Johann Kellner scored for Dragooooo in the 25th minute and Daan Wielink pushed them into the lead in the 29th minute with another goal. In the second half of the game, Amer Kurdi was able to level the scores in the 67th minute with a breakaway goal and both teams seemed to reach a stalemate… that is until the 77th minute when Ernesto Iacopino got himself sent off which left Dragooooo a man down! They held up well under the pressure but by the end of the game their players were showing signs of fatigue and Oliverio Ribeiro was able to take advantage and score the winning goal for The Sixty-Fourthers in the 91st minute!

*****Battlestar Odwinica 4-1 AC Elites****

Odwinica had no trouble against Elites this round, creating 6 chances against Elites’ 2. Ondrich Popej scored the first goal in the 7th minute and a set piece freekick in the 11th minute, scored by Bautista Miranda, put Odwinica 2-0 up. A penalty in the 20th minute scored by Melvin Bodin kept Elites in the game but Bautista Miranda managed to score again in the 31st minute to keep Odwinica comfortably ahead. Elites only managed one chance in each half as Battlestar Odwinica did well in keeping their opponents at bay and in the 77th minute Amar Sherawat scored the final goal of the game for Odwinica.

Most Important Result: Silverdale Hotpot 2-1 Eights United, Eights fall down into 5th from 2nd place while Silverdale pick themselves up from 5th and into 3rd! Madpool remain immovable at the top of the table with Odwinica and Silverdale in 2nd and 3rd.

Manager of the Round: Mr Odwin, Battlestar Odwinica, Mr Odwin was the only manager to achieve a five star rating as his team easily put down AC Elites this round.

Player of the Round: Stanley Trainer, Madpool, both Trainer and Reggie Hales scored two goals and assisted in another two in their game but Trainer had the added pressures of being Captain and co-ordinating the team.

Really not enjoying getting thrashed every game I play... urrgghhh. Still.

2012-11-30 13:30:00 League match Dragooooo Away

2012-12-04 13:30:00 League match The Sixty-Fourthers Home

2012-12-07 13:30:00 League match Real Peeps Away

2012-12-11 13:30:00 League match AC Elites Home

2012-12-14 13:30:00 League match AC Elites Away

2012-12-18 13:30:00 League match Real Peeps Home

2012-12-21 13:30:00 League match The Sixty-Fourthers Away

2012-12-25 13:30:00 League match Dragooooo

These are the ones. It is on.

Very good home win against Odwin. The win means I'm again tied with him with six wins each and four draws(his last home match was a draw so I got back in track by that).

Should win away against AC comfortably before I have to face Madpool and Inter.

Love it when my youth keeper increases in dv when not even playing :p Wonder if I can get high enough dv by just playing him twice.

Bah!

Playing Co-op next, will probably lose then too. Never mind, as long as i keep scoring goals, i'm happy.

Well done, Peeps.

Bit of a joke result, to be honest. Not sure what else I could have done. I over-ran him in midfield, had a midfield rating of 11 compared to his 8, played very offensively when he played a more defensive game, guessed the right defensive tactic to his offensive, yet managed to lose 1-0. At home. It's on a par with that game against Ell where he beat me in similar circumstances. This game just encourages people to play defensively rather than attacking.

Four defeats so far out of five, three of which have been by a one-goal margin. Don't feel that I deserve that.

Playing attacking football away from home to a stronger team is as good as not setting tactics at all. I agree it was a silly result but considering it was only down to a lucky freekick Icant say I find it too unfair. I'm just lucky my defence/keeper was good enough to block out your attempts on goal. I was still completely expecting to lose lol, but you can't expect every team to play offensively in every single game. There's an option for defensive tactics for a reason, all part of the game whether you like it or not :(

You'll probably thrash me when I try to go offensive for the home game though :p

Edited by The Peeps

Spotlight Week Three

This week's spotlight is on league leaders, The Comerade Co-op vs Bob who are in third place. Please predict the outcome and the midfield rating for each side.

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 25

Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 24

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 23

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 19

Ooooh, i'm in the spotlight!

I reckon i'll lose, but think i should be able to score at least one along the way, so i think 3-1.

I don't know what midfield rating is, so i'll say 'B-, could do better'.

Ooooh, i'm in the spotlight!

I reckon i'll lose, but think i should be able to score at least one along the way, so i think 3-1.

I don't know what midfield rating is, so i'll say 'B-, could do better'.

Look at your match reports, you should have perfomance values for defence, midfield and forwards. Should be above teamwork values.

lol 71% possesion was hoping for 10-0 at half time after Emo got a midfielder sent off leaving him with 2 midfielders lol.

My next game agianst Leeds sees the battle of the two best lower league players Astle vs Mancebo

Meh, i lost, but happy that i'm the only person so far to score against Comerade Co-op.

That was a lot closer than I would have liked. But a win is a win.

Next match should be interesting. Would love to inflict a third loss on Madpool. Might get back to first place if Odwin beats Inter.

No one was that close with the spotlight this week but the winner is @Nikos9 who guessed 2-1 (it was 6-2) but got the midfield ratings spot on at 8-7.

Spotlight Winners:

Week 1 - Lucas/Leeds M.O.T

Week 2 - Lucas/Leeds M.O.T

Week 3 - Nikos/Intergalactico Stars

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 27

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 21

Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 21

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 18

Edited by The Peeps

Got a good win over Winston Gardens. I'm more happy with the clean sheet, as we've been leaking goals.

Silverdale, next. Going to get torn a new one at their place.

20121126_raw_shield_interview_original_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Madpool (Seth Rollings the talent) Rising Phoenix (Roman Reigns the muscle) Haden Rangers (Dean Ambrose the voice)

Haden, Mad, Chris it has been my pleasure to have worked with you for a while the lower leagues but it seems it a bit odd to be interviewing you now, when many people say

Many people who are these people? Peeps if you have a question to ask us just ask.

Ok are you three working for the champ Nikos.

Nope.

Ok so why are you here?

That is the question Peeps that is the question you should be asking, we sat down in the lower leagues and saw things clearly, teams here have to answer to Peeps and Peeps has to answer to Xpert and what is Xpert it is a poll, it is a popularity contest! That is not right that is wrong we stepped in and righted those wrongs, we are a Shield against wrongs.

Cmon guys everything you have done have benifited Nikos.

Peeps it is Happenstance you ever heard of him?

It is not about benifiting Nikos it is about right and wrong Nikos is a two times champ in this era that should be celebrated am I right?

Rising I would love to get your take on this.

When I wanna PR something I will PR it.

Hey Peeps we get your getting at we read what you are PRing we are not the Nexus we are not the NWO we are about honour, we are a shield, we are the shield, we are the shield.

Hey I have something to say, we said enough.