NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert Eleven Season 25: A New Hope

I think we need to relegate Inter to cannon fodder.

7 of 11 players in the X11 isn't bad at all :p

Haha, that was embarressing...a 5-0 loss despite a 5* manager rating and playing pretty defensively! Oh well, this 'cannon fodder' still holds a better record over you! ;) We are a team in transition this season. Once a few of my decent youngsters come through I'll be able to put up more of a fight in the future against the top three!

BOOOOM! Ended Comerades unbeaten run and now im gonna end yours Haden.5 star manager rating as well makes up for my best defender being injured. MOT!!!

No way baby! My unbeaten run will never dieeeeeee!!! :heh:

Inter if any of your players wanna jump ship Arsenal style send them my way!

Sierously I need to get another good midfielder though.

Another loss, who cares. Development this season, investment in the next in defense and offence.

Inter if any of your players wanna jump ship Arsenal style send them my way!

Funny you should mention that, I'm thinking of selling Owen Hart in the next pre-season as I have two decent goalkeepers within three years of each other at the age where they both need to be playing practically every game and I can't seem to give either adequate game time that their DV requires...so if you fancy coughing up his price tag of 6,973,800 econ (probably more after the change report) then he's yours ;)

If that's a bit out of your price range then I'm also putting Sting on sale after this season, he's the same skill but a veteran defender at 33 with the leader trait and currently priced at 1,232,600 econ.

Bids from anyone are welcome from now on for that matter and I will not accept any of them until the new season...Merry Christmas! :santa:

Funny you should mention that, I'm thinking of selling Owen Hart in the next pre-season as I have two decent goalkeepers within three years of each other at the age where they both need to be playing practically every game and I can't seem to give either adequate game time that their DV requires...so if you fancy coughing up his price tag of 6,973,800 econ (probably more after the change report) then he's yours ;)

If that's a bit out of your price range then I'm also putting Sting on sale after this season, he's the same skill but a veteran defender at 33 with the leader trait and currently priced at 1,232,600 econ.

Bids from anyone are welcome from now on for that matter and I will not accept any of them until the new season...Merry Christmas! :santa:

Undertaker may be someone I would be interested in, my midfield is the thing I really need to boost at the moment.

In the unlikely event I can save up enough money before the off season I'd be interested in that keeper. The youth I'm trying to train has his form peak at times it would be ridiculous to use him. I assume you mean the 23-year old.

I would be interested in Sting, he was my favourite wrestler when I was a kid! To be honest, it would completely depend on compatibility. All 16 of my squad have excellent compatibility at the moment!

In the unlikely event I can save up enough money before the off season I'd be interested in that keeper. The youth I'm trying to train has his form peak at times it would be ridiculous to use him. I assume you mean the 23-year old.

Yeah I have a similar problem, then in games when I would want to use the younger keeper, his form is too low.

No Owen Hart is the one I was talking about selling, my 26-11 keeper. Thinking about it though, if I get rid of both Hart and Sting that puts a massive dent in my defence so I'll definately sell Sting in the off-season but keep Hart for 1 more season at least until the my defence gets strong enough for me to be able to let him go without him being too big a loss.

I would be interested in Sting, he was my favourite wrestler when I was a kid! To be honest, it would completely depend on compatibility. All 16 of my squad have excellent compatibility at the moment!

Cool, you could evaluate him and see whether he's compatible, maybe wait til after the change report though incase he decides he wants to retire at the club. He should still have a few seasons left in him yet though as I've been playing him practically every game apart from if he's been injured. In my experience, players don't seem to retire before 35 if you use them regularly, it's only when they're not involved much that they want out.

Undertaker may be someone I would be interested in, my midfield is the thing I really need to boost at the moment.

Hmm, I'm not sure my midfield is good enough to allow him to leave yet but we'll see, if I have a good enough change report with my midfielder's then I'll consider it.

Edited by Nikos9
Automerged Doublepost

The Report: Starting where time began.

20060223200723_cloud.jpg

Significant Result

crowd.jpg

Dragooooo 2-4 Battlestar Odwinica

This result is significant for several reasons, firstly dealing with the winners. Odwinica seemed a threat as soon as they entered the top league with the history that went with their manager but they have been in a state of arrested development for several seasons. At the 52 minute they affirmed that this season their potential was going to be realised when they went 4-0 up against Dragooooo. They often won or drew matches in previous seasons but it was often on a knifedge or without ever dominating teams, today affirmed a pattern, the old Oddy is back free kick hatricks and all and this is something to fill every manager with a Winter chill. The other significance of this match is the performance of Dragooooo. Many sides have been promoted to the top league and many have left with a whimper never to be seen again, this will not be Dragooooo. While AC Elites have drawn twice Dragooooo have won twice and not drawn once, they have not been afraid to play on thier terms. In this match they had 6 chances to 8 for Odwinica and it was a high octane game that went back and forth. They may well go down but most Dragooooo games are ones that people watch on MOTD, they will be back all strikers blazing.

Player Examination

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ5clJow1vFRxdlF5c3TWDXOGspC_8o557mj0yiacTlL-KjlBRqA

Steven Gerrard, Madpool:

A 10 skill 26 year old midfielder he is at the heart in every way of the Madpool side that relies on their incredible midfield to boss sides around. He is currently at 11 points for 11 games. That means on average in every game he makes an impact against his opponent. Against a stubborn Elites side he crossed in a beautiful assist and shot in a casual volley to put the game beyond doub. He is at the apex of a dominant but steadily ageing Madpool midfield, his poweful shots and eligant crosses make him a constant threat.

Tactical Brilliance

1971-bobby-fischer.JPEG

Winston Gardens: 3-5-2 daring.

WG have not been known for their goal scoring prowess this season, scoring only 12 goals before this game but their manager really went for it in a relegation battle against on form Real Peeps. It looked to have backfired at half time as Real Peeps were bossing chances 5-1 and were looking the more likely to go on and win with a 1-1 score line. Indeed after a close range Nutt effort Garders looked doomed, but in the space of 2 minutes Goodison and Ross put the home side in front to the joy of the home support. WG had 4 chances to 1 in the 2nd half and 60% possesion in the overall game. It was a risky tactic but one that sees them out of the drop zone and gives them hope for the 2nd half of the season.

Teams on the rise

photo_flying_high.jpg

Eights United:

There 5-0 victory against current champions Inter surely is the passing of the crown. Look unstoppable and have the best attacking and defensive record in the league, the perfect storm?

Real Peeps:

Suffered a loss but nearly won with a side that was not their best, also they are 5 points above the drop zone. If they can stay up they may be hard to shift next season.

Silverdale Hotpot:

The glory of Inter, the rapid ascent of Odwin and Eights, the potential of Madpool. Silverdale tend to be forgotten but they are former top tier champions and with another win against the 64s look to quietly keep the pressure up on Eights United.

Momentum loss

saints-fansjpg-91c227061e1d4b53_large.jpg

The Sixty Fouthers:

The team that seems an eternal enigma, so much talent but never quite enough to compete in the top league at the top level. A poor defeat leaves them in the relegation zone and looking at another yo-yo season.

Intergalactico Stars:

The worst defeat in recent memory for a side that is usually so focused in every area of the pitch. Seems destined to obscurity for this season as Eights United, Odwinica and Silverdale battle for the Stars title.

Dragooooo:[/ba

Praised eariler in the article but sadly they have lost some momentum, they should keep to their philosophy and their long term goals. Next season will be better for a more mature established side whatever league they are in.

Looking Onwards

Inferno_Beyond_the_Horizon_by_vest.jpg

The 64s v Winston Gardens FC:

A huge battle for these two sides, if Winston can get a draw out of this fixture I could see them surviving. The 64s have to dominate midfield and make chances to see this one out.

Madpool vs Eights United:

Another titanic clash, Madpool have a very slim shot at the title which will be finish with anything less than a win in this battle. Eights United look so strong but need to show championship winning heart in this game.

Dragooooo v Silverdale Hotpot:

After 64s vs WG I think this could be a very entertaining game, Dragooooo will be going all out to score 3 points and take a huge scalp, Silverdale fans will have their eyes on the Madpool match and know today may be a huge fixture in the title race.

Real Peeps v AC Elites:

Peeps will look to get back to winning ways against an Elites side that has lost the will to win. It may be a dull affair if Peeps field a youth side and Elites decide to close ranks and stifle creativity.

Intergalactico Stars v Battlestar Odwinica:

The best two tactical managers bar none meet in what should be the game that any potential manager should study for years to come. I can't seperate these sides and would bet on a draw but one that has chances, goals, drama and both managers pacing up and down until the whistle is blown.

Edited by Haden

I like that they show the dv on the squad page now, but why have they got to of the tabs?

how do you get to 'last lineup' etc now? I use the full site but on my phone btw.

the front page looks odd.

Nothing is worse than the mobile version of the site. Nothing.

I like that they show the dv on the squad page now, but why have they got to of the tabs?

how do you get to 'last lineup' etc now? I use the full site but on my phone btw.

the front page looks odd.

I thought that was a VIP thing, not having to individually check every player by clicking on them and going to a new screen. Instead I hovered over the player's name to get the dv. It's better the way it's now, getting to see all dvs at the same time, but I was certain this was VIP only before.

It looks a little better now than this morning. Appearently it wasn't complete.

It's also nice to see the opponents full squad complete with cards, injuries and skills. Makes "last spies" a bit more useless though.

The player's stat screen looks good.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

I am VIP, but I'm generally on my phone so hovering isn't an option I have to do a medium length touch which inevitably get the wrong player half the time :(

Figured out my problem..

You have to medium length touch the icons to get the drop list of other options to work. TABS ARE SO MUCH EASIER!!

Fantastic report Haden :)

Don't mind the changes too much. It's good to see the Xpert Pools given a more prominent location after you select your team. It might encourage more people to take part each week.

Spotlight Week Six

This week the spotlight is on Hadens Rangers vs Leeds M.O.T. Please predict the outcome and total number of chances made!

Spotlight Winners:

Week 1 - Leeds M.O.T

Week 2 - Leeds M.O.T

Week 3 - Intergalactico Stars

Week 4 - MadDog

Week 5 - Hadens Rangers

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 23

The Shield: Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 23

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 23

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 18

@Fierce_LiNk You need a freekick taker! (Mine's awesome.)

I need a new team, brah. :(

Nice write-up, @Haden. You are write about Dragooooo, but remember that we had a tough fixture list, compared to earlier in the season. We will be back and we will fight until the very last day.

DRAGOOOOO. *whimpers*

Biggest scalp in my career.

And thanks to Fierce_Link ;) That certainly helps.

The only danger I have now is away against Odwin but I'm 4 points clear of Silverdale and still got a home match against him.

Edited by Tales

Biggest scalp in my career.

And thanks Fierce_Link ;)

You're welcome, brah. Although, I didn't actually go out to stop anyone from winning a title. I'm trying to stay up. I'm gutted I didn't take points off you, too. :p

Winstons (a)

Real Peeps (a)

Sixty Fourthers (h)

AC Elites (h)

Inter (h)

Madpool (a)

Shit just got real. Madpool is going to be the hardest game, as it's a fantastic team away from home. But, all the rest, I can get something, I feel. They've all been close games.

DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOO! *war cry*

Edit: Lol, how in the world does that not give me the manager of the round! Peeps got it for beating the jumbo at home :rolleyes:

Maybe because you only had 3 stars? :p I lol'd at jumbo :laughing:

Nice to have a win again, I was starting to worry! And it wasn't the greatest start to the game either, Elites scored first and then I kept getting yellows. Thankfully I had Thurston McAuley on the team to set things straight!

Spotlight Week Six

This week the spotlight was on Hadens Rangers vs Leeds M.O.T. The actual score was 6-1 so of the two entries we had, Nikos9 was closest with a guess of 2-0 and 7 chances. Lucas/Leeds actually guessed 9 chances correctly but predicted a draw :p

Spotlight Winners:

Week 1 - Leeds M.O.T

Week 2 - Leeds M.O.T

Week 3 - Intergalactico Stars

Week 4 - MadDog

Week 5 - Hadens Rangers

Week 6 - Intergalactico Stars

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 24

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 23

The Shield: Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 22

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 18