N-Europe

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do crash A LOT though. The game is stupidly fast and the view point used is a little closer than I like for racing games. Usually when playing the likes of Forza I have the view set further back so I can see more of the road.

I signed up to the EA online thingy and i'm now able to see everyone on my friends list times. It makes for some interesting competition and it's great you get a bonus for beating them.

Just wait until you get the Bugatti Grande Vitesse... I basically used the walls to guide me around!

• 2 weeks later...

I got this from base.com and I'm really enjoying it.

Things I love:

- Miiverse integration is awesome! Knowing how well some of you have done on these courses and trying to beat the scores is awesome and adds real replay value. @Serebii @lostmario @Welshgamer - you guys are awesome!!

- The game looks awesome and supports the Gamepad well and off TV play is great.

- Plenty of cars and plenty of things to do around the city with lots of different and interesting areas.

Thing I don't love:

- This game freezes up more than any other game on the Wii U. Mine has frozen about 4 or 5 times now, very annoying.

- The police chases get irritating sometimes.

Question: Can you choose which music track you listen to or are you forced to listen to them randomly?

I got this from base.com and I'm really enjoying it.

Things I love:

- Miiverse integration is awesome! Knowing how well some of you have done on these courses and trying to beat the scores is awesome and adds real replay value. @Serebii @lostmario @Welshgamer - you guys are awesome!!

- The game looks awesome and supports the Gamepad well and off TV play is great.

- Plenty of cars and plenty of things to do around the city with lots of different and interesting areas.

Thing I don't love:

- This game freezes up more than any other game on the Wii U. Mine has frozen about 4 or 5 times now, very annoying.

- The police chases get irritating sometimes.

Question: Can you choose which music track you listen to or are you forced to listen to them randomly?

Im pretty sure you can skip tricks. R I think.

And why wasn't I mentioned in the AWESOME NFS players list?!?!?! huh?!?!?! Are my times THAT bad :(

We still need to organise online for this, I love the game but barely play it.

Oh, and another thing you forgot to add to the RUBBISH list, is the stupid BONUS that you get double points for the first 4 hours (orwhatever it is) online. Meaning you can win every single race, but whoever has the double bonus thing, even if they finish last, will always win!! Awesome!!

Im pretty sure you can skip tricks. R I think.

And why wasn't I mentioned in the AWESOME NFS players list?!?!?! huh?!?!?! Are my times THAT bad :(

We still need to organise online for this, I love the game but barely play it.

Oh, and another thing you forgot to add to the RUBBISH list, is the stupid BONUS that you get double points for the first 4 hours (orwhatever it is) online. Meaning you can win every single race, but whoever has the double bonus thing, even if they finish last, will always win!! Awesome!!

Sorry! I must have missed your scores, however I see a lot of the above three. They are like the evil bad guy racers that everyone needs to beat.

As for the online, I haven't even tried it online yet - I would like to though. Is there voice chat? We could all have a tournament.

You can't choose which track you want directly, but if you press the L shoulder button, it'll skip to the next song. Maybe there's something in the options menu I'm missing though.

Sorry! I must have missed your scores, however I see a lot of the above three. They are like the evil bad guy racers that everyone needs to beat.

As for the online, I haven't even tried it online yet - I would like to though. Is there voice chat? We could all have a tournament.

Yeah, there's voice chat, but I find it a bit choppy.

I was only joking, I'm pretty shit to be honest :)

Yeah gamepad voice chat is pretty much perfect. And can you play for a few hours online before we do as the double points thing really pees me off :)

Voice chat is weird, me and Welsh tried it out. Welsh sounded completely different and apparently I did as well.

Its very poor quality, nothing like COD or Monster Hunter.

Yeah gamepad voice chat is pretty much perfect.

I wouldn't say its perfect, you've played COD & Monster Hunter, its nowhere near that level.

Edited by lostmario

Voice chat is weird, me and Welsh tried it out. Welsh sounded completely different and apparently I did as well.

Its very poor quality, nothing like COD or Monster Hunter.

I wouldn't say its perfect, you've played COD & Monster Hunter, its nowhere near that level.

Yeah actually I'm getting it mixed up with Monster Hunter, it stutters a lot. It' snot bad though, functional!

• 3 weeks later...

No NFS Rivals on Wii U because of Most Wanted's low sales.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/...u-and-ps-vita/

Honestly, it’s not the kind of stuff that I like talking about in detail, that much. We did a load of extra work on the Wii U version, and we had a lot of guys working on that stuff, you know?

It didn’t really sell that many, in terms of the Wii U market. I would love for it to have, because we put so much effort into that, trust me. I’d love for it to be way bigger than it was, and the same for the Vita.

[Rivals] is going onto new hardware, and you have to work out where you focus your efforts. The 200 people working on this game are only capable of making so much, and doing so many different versions of the game, so we had to go with where we think the biggest audience will be for the game, and that’s where we are.

You could feel the effort that had been put into Need for Speed Most Wanted on the Wii U. Such as shame it didn't sell in acceptable enough numbers.

it never had a chance, it was quite literally impossible to a get a copy of the game. I wanted on launch and after 2 weeks I gave up and ordered online. A game can't see if it's not in the shops.

it never had a chance, it was quite literally impossible to a get a copy of the game. I wanted on launch and after 2 weeks I gave up and ordered online. A game can't see if it's not in the shops.

I think EA trying to sell it @ full price was a mistake. The game was old and could be bought for cheap by the time it was released on wii u.

I don't think EA would of expected to shift major units but they must of been real low.

No NFS Rivals on Wii U because of Most Wanted's low sales.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/...u-and-ps-vita/

Link's a bit broken :(

Ah, got it here; http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/18/weak-sales-reason-for-need-for-speed-rivals-skipping-wii-u-and-ps-vita/

Found the latter part of "It didn’t really sell that many, in terms of the Wii U market." an interesting statement to make. Is that saying, it didn't sell well in the wii u market, or it didn't sell well in the market on wii u...if that makes sense lol.

Link's a bit broken :(

Ah, got it here; http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/18/weak-sales-reason-for-need-for-speed-rivals-skipping-wii-u-and-ps-vita/

Found the latter part of "It didn’t really sell that many, in terms of the Wii U market." an interesting statement to make. Is that saying, it didn't sell well in the wii u market, or it didn't sell well in the market on wii u...if that makes sense lol.

I think they are looking at how it sold in the wii market. They looked at the install base and probably at what other games sold on the Wii U and came up with a sales target from that. I think the most concerning thing is there is no other game like NFS on the platform yet people just were not interested.

I think they are looking at how it sold in the wii market. They looked at the install base and probably at what other games sold on the Wii U and came up with a sales target from that. I think the most concerning thing is there is no other game like NFS on the platform yet people just were not interested.

Well that's what I'm hoping, because that's a good approach, but then it also says a lot about how badly the game must have done...to suck even accounting FOR the wii u market! It's quite a shame, because I'd say I at least got my moneys worth out of it(and I've still got plenty more that can be done!), and it's a cracker of a game. Does this mean that if burnout ever happens again it won't grace my poor wii u? :(

To be honest, I'm slightly shocked that it sold so poorly.

There was NOTHING else for the Wii U this spring worth mentioning. And this was the one game that made good use of the Wii U's extra horsepower.

Although EA failed big time at marketing this amazing game.

There was NOTHING else for the Wii U this spring worth mentioning. And this was the one game that made good use of the Wii U's extra horsepower.

I bulked at the price as I thought EA were trying it but you are right considering there was such a drought of games and as I said its not like the platform has other racing games to purchase but it still did poorly.

For those who do have it how is it with the digital triggers?

I bulked at the price as I thought EA were trying it but you are right considering there was such a drought of games and as I said its not like the platform has other racing games to purchase but it still did poorly.

For those who do have it how is it with the digital triggers?

Personally I'd say you get use to it soon enough, but then again I'm not big racer kinda guy. As crap as this sounds, you have no choice, so you deal with it. Not in a bad way per se, it's just how it is and you get used to that. Of course, anyone that's played it on another system as well as Wii U would be better placed for comment really.

It really is an amazing game, 30+ hours to 100% the game and if you are into the online mode, you'll spend plenty more hours with that.

What did EA expect though, releasing it 4 months after the 360/PS3 versions that by time of release they were selling for £15 compared to £40 on the Wii U.

Also, add the fact nobody was stocking the damn game!

Trying to get this game was a nightmare. Every internet price was £40, except for Grainger Games, who sold it at £25. A few weeks after I bought this, they were giving it away for free on PlayStationPlus. (this was in the Summer)

It's lovely that they put so much effort into this, but when you factor in such things as the late release date being four months later for the Wii U, the price point being so high, the lack of marketing and the fact that it was difficult to find anywhere, how can they moan about it not selling? Games don't sell themselves and it's naive to expect the game to have done much better than what it has.

the likes of us who use forum pages were aware of the game, but Joe public will not even be aware this game exists. Imaging little Jonny saying to his Mum he wants a racing game for Christmas, she goes into game and buys Sonic racing because it's on the shelf. I guess the point I'm making is the Wii U is selling thousands of consoles every week, so there of lots of new potential buyers for this game all the time, just because it did not sell well at launch, if they actually put the bloody thing in the shops it can still sell good units because as previously mentioned it's the only game like it on the Wii U.

the likes of us who use forum pages were aware of the game, but Joe public will not even be aware this game exists. Imaging little Jonny saying to his Mum he wants a racing game for Christmas, she goes into game and buys Sonic racing because it's on the shelf. I guess the point I'm making is the Wii U is selling thousands of consoles every week, so there of lots of new potential buyers for this game all the time, just because it did not sell well at launch, if they actually put the bloody thing in the shops it can still sell good units because as previously mentioned it's the only game like it on the Wii U.

Isnt up to the retailers to put it on shelves. Surely they just stock what they think will will be in demand.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!