NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

This was also joked about on Gaf. Can't say I blame people saying this, given the Nicalis track record of releasing games. :D

It will be interesting to see if this actually comes about. I was hoping to try it one day but after watching some videos of the game the whole thing just looks weird and, quite frankly, stupid. I don't think it's my type of game.

Sincw you don't like Earthbound, I'd probably guess not as it is very clearly inspired by it (the creator, Toby Fox actually got his start with a fan hack of Earthbound called Radiation's Halloween hack and Undertale takes more than a few ideas from it). Mind you though, you might like the battle system; it's very unique actually! Taking after a Cave style bullet hell shooter!

Sincw you don't like Earthbound, I'd probably guess not as it is very clearly inspired by it (the creator, Toby Fox actually got his start with a fan hack of Earthbound called Radiation's Halloween hack and Undertale takes more than a few ideas from it). Mind you though, you might like the battle system; it's very unique actually! Taking after a Cave style bullet hell shooter!

How the inventory system? :D

I can't see how Undertale could come to a console in its current form... It would have to have SIGNIFICANT changes to be doable on Wii U or 3DS (or any non PC platform for that matter).

Uh, why? I'm not played it but from what I've seen I've not seen anything that couldn't be done on other consoles.

Only thing I can think of is the ending of the genocide run?

How the inventory system? :D

MUCH more streamlined than Earthbound! Pretty standard stuff.

Uh, why? I'm not played it but from what I've seen I've not seen anything that couldn't be done on other consoles.

Only thing I can think of is the ending of the genocide run?

In its current state...

Edit: Actually scratch that, I'm gonna PM Ike instead. Don't want to possibly be responsible for ruining Undertale for someone who is irresponsible enough to click that spoiler tag :p

Edited by Dcubed

An indies sale will start this week and last for 2 weeks.

Europe:

Teslagrad – Rain Games (£6.99 / €7.49)

Chariot – Frima Studio Inc (£6.74 / €7.49)

Tengami – Nyamyam (£3.49 / €3.99)

Race the Sun – Flippfly (£3.49 / €4.99)

Chasing Aurora – Broken Rules (£2.99 / €3.49)

Turtle Tale – Saturnine Games (£2.49 / €2.99)

ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension! – ZeNfA Productions (£1.14 / €1.49)

Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion – RCMADIAX (£1.34 / €1.49)

Nothing special there.

11th February Wii U download releases;

Wii U eShop

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty! (Oddworld Inhabitants, €15.99/ £11.99 until 25th February, regular price €19.99 / £14.99)

Discovery (Noowanda, €6.99/ £5.99)

Jones on Fire (Joindots, €5.99/ £4.59 )

Wii U Virtual Console

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Nintendo, GBA VC, €6.99/ £6.29)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99/ £8.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Chariot (Frima Studio, €7.49 / £6.74 until 25th February, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)

Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules, €3.49 / £2.99 until 25th February, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)

Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €4.99 / £4.00 until 25th February, regular price €11.99 / £9.99)

Nano Assault NEO (Shin’en Multimedia, €7.49 / £6.70 until 3rd March, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Race the Sun (Flippfly, €4.99 / £3.49 until 25th February, regular price €9.99 / £6.99)

Shadow Puppeteer (Snow Cannon, €12.99 / £11.99 until 15th February, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)

Tengami (Nyamnyam, €3.99 / £3.49 /until 25th February, regular price €7.99 / £6.99)

Teslagrad (Rain Games, €7.49 / £6.99 until 25th February, regular price €14.99 / £13.99)

Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte, €8.49 / £6.99 until 10th March, regular price €16.99 / £13.99)

Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte, €6.49 / £5.49 until 10th March, regular price €12.99 / £10.99)

99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34until 10th March, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 10th March, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 10th March, regular price €5.99 / £5.39)

Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games, €1.49 / £1.24 until 25th February, regular price €2.99 / £2.49)

ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions, €1.49/ £1.14 until 25th February, regular price €2.99 / £2.29)

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia, €3.99 / £3.49 until 12th March, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia, €3.69 / £3.33 until 12th March, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

Color Zen (Cypronia, €2.24 / £2.24 until 12th March, regular price €2.99 / £2.99)

Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €1.79 / £1.79 until 12th March, regular price €2.99 / £2.99)

My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia, €3.74 / £3.35 until 12th March, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

My Style Studio: Notebook (Cypronia, €2.39/ £2.15 until 12th March, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION (RCMADIAX, €1.45 / £1.34 until 25th February, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games, €1.49 / £1.49 until 3rd March, regular price €2.99 / £2.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99/ £8.99)

Already mentioned it in the WiiU VC thread, but this game is great. If you've never played a Roguelike before, you should give it a try.

Fair warning: It's pretty tough!

Already mentioned it in the WiiU VC thread, but this game is great. If you've never played a Roguelike before, you should give it a try.

Fair warning: It's pretty tough!

How do the games look on the Wii U (better question, how do you play it, just on the Game Pad)?

I was thinking of getting Teslagrad or Nano Assault Neo. I preffer NAN as I want that type of game, but will probably go for Teslagrad, because of the bigger discount (the game is 3,99 on Steam, but I don't have a proper controller for my pc).

How do the games look on the Wii U (better question, how do you play it, just on the Game Pad)?

It's a DS game, so it's inevitably gonna look a bit more pixelated than usual, but on the Gamepad, it should look fine.

Here's a couple of my Miiverse screenshots of other DS games. It's not the best indicator, but they look OK.

Here's a game that uses sprite work, which is how Mystery Dungeon does it.

WVW69iSL6ZUxJmMW3d

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

And here's a DS game that uses 3D Models...

WVW69iq2zvEhCYc7lC

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

You may have noticed that the Phantom Hourglass screen has a smaller map in the top-left corner.

You see, in the Virtual Console menu for DS games, there's a number of different screen options for you to choose from which change how the two screens appear.

You can have the Gamepad function as the bottom screen while the TV shows the top screen (You can also reverse this, Gamepad shows top, TV shows bottom) or have both screens appear on the same display (With either the top or bottom screen being shown larger)

The actual game looks like this on a DS.

744244-929407_20060727_001.jpg

As you can probably guess, most of the action takes place on the bottom screen.

It's perfectly reasonable to play through the entire game without ever looking at the top screen, but if you look in the options menu on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you can change what gets displayed on the top screen.

You can move the map from the bottom screen to the top instead if you like.

(Hard to notice, but there's a map overlay on the bottom screen in that screenshot)

So technically, you could have the main gameplay take place on a TV with a map or a status screen on the Gamepad.

You'll probably have to play around with the settings (Both Virtual console and the actual in-game settings) to find something you like.

As for the actual game...

As I mentioned before, it's a roguelike (Kind of like a dungeon-crawler) game with elements of the Pokemon franchise (Obviously, knowledge of the Pokemon franchise would help with things like type weaknesses, etc.).

The object of the game is to progress through dungeons without getting beaten to a pulp.

Everything is turn based, when you move, everyone else does, so patience is a virtue. Success relies on preparation and careful planning as item space is limited, the dungeons are randomly generated and it's your modest party of 1-3 Pokemon against every Pokemon you meet.

The game is surprisingly hard, which is pretty unheard of in a Pokemon game. It's very likely that you're going to die, multiple times.

And the game punishes you for dying by taking away most of your items and all of your held money. (You can store money and items in a bank/storage system before you tackle a dungeon, those are unaffected) Of course, you can always go to your previous save and retain your stuff, but you'll lose out on any experience points you got. Difficult choice...

It's a rewarding game though if you stick with it. Sooner or later the mechanics will click with you (Holding R lets you move only diagonally) and you'll be strutting through dungeons like you own the bloody place.

And if you do find yourself dying hopelessly on a dungeon, there's a really cool feature that strangely enough, utilises Miiverse brilliantly.

OK, let's say you've just died on a dungeon, before you're booted out and your loot is nicked, you get a message, saying "Would you like to send out a rescue request?"

If you choose Yes, the game gives you a code.

The idea is you're supposed to give this code to someone else who owns the game, they go through the dungeon you died in and attempt to rescue you. If they're successful, they get a code to give to you.

When you enter that code, you get revived right where you were with no penalties.

You could then give that player a gift as a thank-you.

With Miiverse, you could simply post a screenshot on the Miiverse community and ask someone there to help you. Of course I am assuming it supports screenshots, but why wouldn't it?

Sorry for the really long post but this game is definitely worth a look if you've never tried a Roguelike game.

I was skeptical back in 2005, but it quickly became my favourite Pokemon series, and that's saying something. The challenge is just right, the story is surprisingly good and it's a perfect fit for the WiiU with Miiverse.

Also, the soundtrack is sublime!

Oh, and a little protip if you do get the game...

1fbb6b7216fb7545f57b7bcabb33994b.jpg

Kecleon is the strongest Pokemon in the game, don't annoy it.

Edited by Glen-i

Thx for the great answer, as it will help me with making the choice of getting other DS games I was interested in.

When it comes to this game, I have never played a Pokemon game, but people are talking so much about it that I would like to give it a try, but just don't know where to start.

I wanted to get a 3DS but the NX roumors stopped me from doing it.

I hope I get the first game right. Are they all on VC, or at least most of them?

Thx for the great answer, as it will help me with making the choice of getting other DS games I was interested in.

When it comes to this game, I have never played a Pokemon game, but people are talking so much about it that I would like to give it a try, but just don't know where to start.

I wanted to get a 3DS but the NX roumors stopped me from doing it.

I hope I get the first game right. Are they all on VC, or at least most of them?

No problem, I help whenever I can.

Well, not playing Pokemon before is obviously gonna mean you'll have to learn the basics, but I'd say Blue Rescue Team is the best place to start, seeing as it's the simplest in the series.

Right now, there's 20 games on the DS VC (Blue Rescue Team will make it 21) So it's not even close to most.

You can find a list here.

No problem, I help whenever I can.

Well, not playing Pokemon before is obviously gonna mean you'll have to learn the basics, but I'd say Blue Rescue Team is the best place to start, seeing as it's the simplest in the series.

Right now, there's 20 games on the DS VC (Blue Rescue Team will make it 21) So it's not even close to most.

You can find a list here.

So many games..... Who is going to catch up on that :D.

I've got Nano Assault Neo, I wanted a simple action game with this thematic. I like the demo, so I hope that I will like the game.

I've got Nano Assault Neo, I wanted a simple action game with this thematic. I like the demo, so I hope that I will like the game.

It's a great game!

18th Feb lack of Wii U eShop choices;

Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games, €4.99/ £4.49 until 25th February, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)

Spot the Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games, €2.99/ £2.69 until 25th February, regular price €5.00 / £4.49)

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (Corecell, €2.99/ £2.69 until 3rd March, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)

Wii U Retail Demo

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers (WB Games, free)

25th Feb incoming;

Wii U eShop

6180 the moon (Turtle Cream, €3.99/ £3.59)

Inside My Radio (Seaven Studio, €14.99/ £12.99)

REPLAY: VHS is Not Dead (Neko Entertainment, €9.99/ £7.49)

SMART Adventures Mission Math: Sabotage at the Space Station (Engine Software, €2.99/ £2.69)

Defense Dome (HullBreach Studios, €2.99/ £2.29)

Wii U Virtual Console

Pokémon Ranger (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99/ £8.99)

Joe’s Diner (Joindots, €7.19 / £5.39 until 10th March, regular price €7.99 / £5.99)

SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios, €3.35 / £2.99 until 3rd March, regular price €4.49 / £3.99)

Wii U eShop Demo

SDK Spriter (HullBreach Studios, free)

There's been a surprise update of Minecraft on WiiU. Seems to be running smother now, especially in 2 player coop. Plus the horizon seems to be further back. A greater draw distance, feels much better now

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The Big Z this week, oh, and blast some zombie action, 3rd March;

Wii U eShop

Chasing Dead (2020 Venture, €29.99/ £24.99)

Grumpy Reaper (EnjoyUp Games, €4.99 / £4.49)

U Host (Bear Box Media, €9.99/ £8.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99/ £8.99)

Wii U Retail Download

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Nintendo, €49.99 / £39.99)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €9.99/ £7.99 until 17th March, regular price €49.99 / £39.99)

BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX, €0.35/ £0.30 until 31st March, regular price €1.49 / £1.29)

TABLETOP GALLERY (RCMADIAX, €0.70/ £0.65 until 31st March, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

Thursday 10th March Wii U downloads;

Wii U eShop

Star Ghost (Squarehead Studios, €8.99/ £7.99)

Bird Mania Party (Teyon, €1.99/ £1.79)

Steel Rivals (nuGAME, €6.99 / £5.99)

Dreamals (XINESS, €4.99/ £4.49)

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Mario Advance (Nintendo, GBA VC, €6.99/ £6.29)

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (Nintendo, GBA VC, €6.99/ £6.29)

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, GBA VC, €6.99/ £6.29)

Wii U Virtual Console Promotion

Super Mario Advance Special: Buy two of the above GBA VC releases this week, with the same NNID on Wii U, and get the third for free; discount until 24th March, 2016.

Art of Balance (Shin’en Multimedia, €6.70/ £5.36 until 31st March, regular price €8.99 / £7.15)

Never Alone (E-line Media, €4.89/ £4.29 until 23rd March, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)

VoxelMaker (Nostatic Software, €3.59/ £2.79 untl 17th March, regular price €4.49 / £3.49)

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49/ £1.34 until 7th April, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49/ £1.34 until 7th April, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Rock ‘n Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games, €4.95/ £4.45 until 7th April, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)

Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99/ £3.59 until 7th April, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

Jones on Fire (Joindots, €2.99/ £2.29 until 24th March, regular price €5.99 / £4.59)

Wii U eShop Demo

Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games, free)

I will probably get Star Ghost as I want to have games like that for some fun when I am to tired, or don't have to much time.

I was going to as well as I wanted to support a UK developer, but reading the interview with the guy the controls put me off quite a bit. I did not really like the DK Barrel controls (*) and am not convinced they will work that well with a more traditional shoot em up.

(* Where you have to keep tapping a button to maintain upwards momentum, rather than just having directional control.)

Yeah, that was one thing that put me in doubt, but at the end, let's hope it will be playable :). I'll let you know :).

Yeah, that was one thing that put me in doubt, but at the end, let's hope it will be playable :). I'll let you know :).

Did you get Nano Assault Neo? That's a terrific twin stick shooter, plus there's another game that added a twin stick shooting ability in an later update, and is another blinder, called Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails.

Did you get Nano Assault Neo? That's a terrific twin stick shooter, plus there's another game that added a twin stick shooting ability in an later update, and is another blinder, called Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails.

Yes I have, and I have a problem on the third "world".

That and FAST: R N I play only for about 1-2 hours a week, because I am on Xenoblade and don't have much time to play, but I really like both games.

I will check the other game to see what is it about :).

Edited by Kounan