Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (eShop)

Dcubed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How high a level for your team are we looking at for the end game and post game stuff? Did you attempt to finish the Museum off?

I think they were around 60 (I'll edit this post if that's incorrect) when I'd beaten every post-game boss, but I started the post-game as soon as I'd beaten the main game (which I think was around level 45). For me, there was absolutely no grinding in this game, as the enemy encounter rate is so high.

Part of the post-game involves doing a long section without warp points. After a while, I just equipped the Roller Skates and ran from every battle until I got to the bosses, because I just couldn't get around the map without being distracted.

As for the museum? No, I've explored all my local radio waves (looking suspicious as I did so, no doubt!) and I'm way off getting all the skills. Luckily, I got far more of the single-target attacks (all of them, in fact) than the multi-target ones, so that was good for bosses. Strangely, I hardly got any with buffs or debuffs.

I played a few hours on this last night, clearing the level 15 dungeon. I noticed I had a star above it once I have finished but didn't for the previous dungeon. I wandered back to the previous dungeon and turns out I didn't even play through that one! Needless to say I blitzed it as my teamwas over levelled. :D

I'm at the Volcano now and it is causing me a bit of a headache. It says to have a team of level 20 and have a resistance to fire. I kitted out my team with clothes that have fire resistance and a fire amulet/ring each to reduce the damage done by fire attacks. My team is level 25 and i'm still having trouble getting through the place.

A big problem is when I come across some sort of fire/ghost type enemy. With me equipping my team with amulets and rings I can't equip them with anything to fight a ghost type enemy. I'm having to rely on attacks for the antennas to do damage.

It's annoying that enemies seem to have attacks that hit the whole squad yet I only have attacks that hit one at a time, unless i'm missing an attack all option?

I went to the gym with my mate today and after dropping him off I went on the hunt for some better Denpa Men for my team. I drove around various streets, just stopping on the roadside, flipping open my 3DS and scanning the area, before I then moved on to another street. I got some great results. :D

I managed to nab a guy with Flame Wall, another healer, a one with an ice move, and wind user, one few with laser beam and one with poison. I may have to start ducking into various streets on the drive home from work. :)

I rejigged my team and went back and destroyed the Volcano level, before moving on and tanning the the Oasis level. I'm up to the ice world now, which shouldn't be too difficult as I have a team of laser beam users, healers and fire users. BRING IT!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Nice to see you getting in the spirit of the game @Hero\-of\-Time ;)

Haven't played it much despite it being one of my most wanted eShop games, plus got distracted by other games but jumped on it a bit today due to read peoples progress on here.

Hadn't released the battle system and the colour of your Denpa Men were so important. At the forest area, but don't have any green Dempa Men, mostly just have black and blue Dempa Men. Do have 1 red with a fire ability but his MP runs out fast :laughing:

A big problem is when I come across some sort of fire/ghost type enemy. With me equipping my team with amulets and rings I can't equip them with anything to fight a ghost type enemy. I'm having to rely on attacks for the antennas to do damage.

One of my favourite items of clothing is "Skulls" (is that available yet for you?), because it has the Ghostbuster ability built-in. A red Denpa Man wearing that shouldn't have too much trouble in the Volcano. You can also equip Water Bracelets for a water attack.

This game really is all about elemental defence. If I have Denpa Men of an appropriate colour for a dungeon, I tend to just use clothing for elemental defence (and give them an attack bracelet). If I have Denpa Men who are weak to the current element, I use clothes and bracelets to protect them - useful if you've got one with an in-built ability you want, but is otherwise weak.

It's annoying that enemies seem to have attacks that hit the whole squad yet I only have attacks that hit one at a time, unless i'm missing an attack all option?

It's just pure luck whether you get any with that type of ability (I think you've got one now?) Personally, I only got that for the water attack.

how much grinding are/did you do between dungeons? between the level 5 dungeon and the level 8 dungeon i grinded to level 10

No grinding at all. Honestly, this has the highest enemy encounter rate out of any RPG I've played. Generally speaking, if a dungeon was level 20, I'd start it at level 20 and be level 30 by the time I'd beaten its boss.

Oh hey, does anyone know what's so special about the glowing Denpa Men? I caught some on my lunch break and I don't know what's so special about them. Are they stronger? Better abilities?

They eventually grow special antennae, such as Double Gold, Always Treasure or (apparently) Revive All.

9 hours in and ive just finished the main game now. My team were level 37 and consisted of 4 white Denpa Men with Laser Beam, one with heal, one with revive, one ice user and one white one with an antenna but with a large amount of HP. I also had them clothed in skull gear.

I managed to make it through the final dungeon really quickly. I came across the boss very unexpectedly and figured I would give it a shot. I didn't struggle with him at all. My team were pretty much immune to damage due to bring white and having the skull gear. The Laser Beam move destroys his HP and before I knew it he was dead!

• 2 weeks later...
So if you don't go wandering around like a nutter is this game had to play?!

Impossible? No. Hard? Probably.

The thing is you need to get different Denpa Men with different abilities and this is only achieved by going out and about. You could grab a few and then just use them and grind though the whole game but I guess that wouldn't be fun.

Saying that, if you google Denpa Men QR codes you will be able to scan those and get a new team that way. The only problem with this is that the QR ones start at level one, whereas the ones you scan start at the same level as you.

I think I could have completed the game with the ones I found in my house, but it would have been more difficult. The game does let you compensate - let's say none of your Denpa Men have an ice attack; you can just equip an Ice Bracelet - but there are times when you actually do need the inherent ability, especially with Water and Light.

Impossible? No. Hard? Probably.

The thing is you need to get different Denpa Men with different abilities and this is only achieved by going out and about. You could grab a few and then just use them and grind though the whole game but I guess that wouldn't be fun.

Saying that, if you google Denpa Men QR codes you will be able to scan those and get a new team that way. The only problem with this is that the QR ones start at level one, whereas the ones you scan start at the same level as you.

Ok....I've been thinking I have 3 wireless routers in my house one for each floor would that be enough to generate then from each....it's freezing here not gonna walk Astrid using neighbours.

Ok....I've been thinking I have 3 wireless routers in my house one for each floor would that be enough to generate then from each....it's freezing here not gonna walk Astrid using neighbours.

Yeah, probably. Like I said earlier, if you get stuck then just scan some QR codes. If you plan on doing this then the earlier the better, as they will get the EXP that you receive.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been stuck for ages on this now - just can't beat the ice demon! I must have tried 10-15 times now, but as soon as he starts using body slam or ice breath, he ends up taking out half my team. :( Guess I need to go and grind some more...

I've been stuck for ages on this now - just can't beat the ice demon! I must have tried 10-15 times now, but as soon as he starts using body slam or ice breath, he ends up taking out half my team. :( Guess I need to go and grind some more...

Funny. I'm stuck on the same bit. That bastard is just obliterating me lol!

The Ice Demon is definitely a massive difficulty spike, as they just dont want to give you decent ice protection at that point. I think the only easy way would be if all of your Denpa Men were light blue. Even then I don't think it would be that easy.

The Ice Demon is definitely a massive difficulty spike, as they just dont want to give you decent ice protection at that point. I think the only easy way would be if all of your Denpa Men were light blue. Even then I don't think it would be that easy.

Pretty much this.

He was the only boss to give me a massive amount of trouble, even the last boss was a pushover compared to this guy!

Good advice by Hero-of-Time. If three routers aren't enough to get you what you want, just scan some QR codes and leave them in the Denpa House until you need them.

You can generate your own QR codes, right? Think we should post some on here to help people who can't find different colour Denpa Men.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!