NEurope
bob

Best Public Webcams

Trying to crowbar this website into a thread:

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

It's pretty hilarious. Literally the second i loaded it there was a girl on the crossing having her photo taken. Must be so annoying to have that crossing in your commute...

Anyway, what are your favourite publically accessable webcams?

i occasionally use the one at my campus to check what the weather is doing outside (i have no windows in my lab), but i've also used one on the summit of snowdon.

Anyone know of any other cool ones?

People stopping in the middle of the road to answer phones, cars not stopping while people are waiting to cross the crossing, other people not waiting to cross the crossing and just strolling across...

When I saw the thread title, I thought of Abbey Road. It's strangely mesmerising to watch it!

Why do so many people want to take a picture on that crossing? Is that the Beatles one?

Why do so many people want to take a picture on that crossing? Is that the Beatles one?

No, it was actually made famous by the Simpsons.

simpsonsabbey.jpg

Yes, it's that one. Hence the album name "Abbey Road".

Cool idea, though I started wondering: Is it actually legal to record people in public without their consent?

Yeah, unless you're specifically targeting them. Otherwise CCTV would be illegal.

It's the middle of the night so there's nobody there (lots of cars) so it's not really logical why I'm staring ... The way the lollipop lights flash out of sync is all I could focus on.

The way the lollipop lights flash out of sync is all I could focus on.

They're communicating.

I would hate to be a driver around that area. Must be so annoying.

For instance, just now this van was slowing up thinking people were crossing then they just stopped and then as he was going again real pedestrians were just running across. Nightmare.

I just flicked it on then and the same group keep doing that stopping thing like the beatles thing.

Then a couple were just waving at the camera and took a photo of the camers! ha.

Wow, nice browser support :/ Can't open the Abbey Road or Cube's one without it shagging Chrome.

Wow, nice browser support :/ Can't open the Abbey Road or Cube's one without it shagging Chrome.

The problem is your Chrome. Go to about:plugins, expand the flash players and disable the one with the strange name.