NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

This has just bee shown at the MG 25th Anniversary event. It will be an open world MGS game and it's running on the new FOX engine.

-Open World

-Had a realtime fox engine demo

-People seemed impressed

-There's an embargo on seeing anything since we wouldn't want to take attention away from pants and Metal Gear Solid: Social Ops

I'll update with more as it comes.

Twitter Impressions:

Originally Posted by Twitter:

John Ricciardi ‏@JOHNtv

Well other ppl talking about it so...next MG shown, and it looks F'ing HOT. Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes #foxengine #mgs25 #openworld #want

@markmacd 12:09 AM

Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow.

@kazamatsuri 12:08 AM

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes demo was truly amazing, running on a PC at current-gen specs. Wow. #mg25

@markmacd

Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING

I NEED A VIDEO!

EDIT: More info from Famitsu

First Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero Artwork

Open world game targets current generation platforms. Kojima Productions also working on next generation development.

Famitsu.com posted a first piece of artwork from Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero, the Fox Engine game that was revealed at today's Metal Gear anniversary event. Check out the image below.

According to Famitsu.com's report, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero is the name of the real time demo Kojima Productions showed at the event. But it is also being made into an actual open world game.

Ground Zero targets current generation specifications. Famitsu reports that Kojima Productions is also working on next generation development.

Guess the thread title needs changed already. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

this had best come out on WiiU as this sounds perfect for it, you could have the codec and menus on the wiiu pad, then if you switch to remote play it reverts to the older stile UI

but i need a video i really do!

Surprised that they didn't just go ahead and call it Metal Gear Solid 0: Ground...

So have Kojima's team just hired the people to find the worst names for things that they could? It just sounds like proper Jinglish.

Uhm, Snake....

You got some, uh,.... some stuff...

Right there.,.... yeah, no. ...up, ....higher

yes,,....no...wait..

Let me get that Virtual Boy ducktaped to your face.

Anyone else think the title's just plain inappropriate?

Even if it was some 11 years ago, Ground Zero (which ever way you choose to spell) is now synonymous with 9/11, something which America especially is still incredible sensitive about. It's what you immediately think of when you here those words; I doubt they want reminders of it like this.

Even if it was some 11 years ago, Ground Zero (which ever way you choose to spell) is now synonymous with 9/11, something which America especially is still incredible sensitive about. It's what you immediately think of when you here those words; I doubt they want reminders of it like this.[/Quote]

You have a point though : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_zero

Maybe it hints at the type of game it is. Maybe these disasters affect Big Boss?

God damn.

edit -

Full video, for some reason the official video cuts out most of the gameplay but this offscreen footage has it all.

Edited by bryanee

Even if it was some 11 years ago, Ground Zero (which ever way you choose to spell) is now synonymous with 9/11, something which America especially is still incredible sensitive about. It's what you immediately think of when you here those words; I doubt they want reminders of it like this.

As an American, no.

Firstly, I hate when legitimate phrases or words become to attached to one idea that it's no longer possible to use them correctly.

Secondly, it was 11 years ago. We shouldn't forget it, but move the fuck on. Yes that's harder for some, maybe impossible, but society as a whole can do it.

As for that gameplay....well it was kinda boring in that offscreen stuff, but holy hell that is a pretty engine.

Nice graphics tech demo. Hopefully there's some gameplay to go along with that movie!

Edited by Dcubed

Possibly insensitive of me, but no. We don't stop using the date because of what happened, why should we stop saying Ground Zero.

oh man that looks freaking amazing! when is it out lol? might have to replay all the MG games to get my fix

Man Kojima is full of shit. He was intent on MGS4 being his last MGS game as director and here we are again. Same with Shinkawa actually.

I mean I'm not complaining, but I wonder if he just can't escape the franchise or what.

Game looks good anyway.

Old Snake!

IT'S OLD SNAAAAAKKKKKEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh no, it's Big Boss. He just ages Big Boss a bit more in each game.

Man Kojima is full of shit. He was intent on MGS4 being his last MGS game as director and here we are again. Same with Shinkawa actually.

I mean I'm not complaining, but I wonder if he just can't escape the franchise or what.

While we shall never see ZOE3 :(

Oh.

Well, can't help it. Never played a game in the series, just saw all the cut-scenes from MGS4 :laughing:

Wait a sec.

I just watched the trailer again and they keep calling him Snake.

How does that work if it's Big Boss?

Wait a sec.

I just watched the trailer again and they keep calling him Snake.

How does that work if it's Big Boss?

Think Kingdom Hearts plot wise, everyone is Snake. Like in KH everyone is Sora

What's a Kingdom Hearts?

Wait WHAT?! I have only played the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games so this makes no sense to me.

And Big Boss is the original Snake. There is also Liquid, Solid and Solidus snake who are all clones of Big Boss. IIRC they are supposed to be a mix of recessive and dominant genes, which defines their differences.

Big Boss was snake is MGS3 and that PSP MGS game whose name I forgot (not the portable ops series).

'Solid' Snake is Old Snake is MGS4 and aged prematurely due to the clones being created from the DNA of Big Boss when he was old (what?).

EDIT: You know what, this story makes very little sense, and funnily enough, this is some of the easier to keep track of, and more sane stuff in the plot. Still love it though.

I saw those videos at the weekend and I have to say, I was very impressed... until the gameplay kicked in and then it we saw a level of animation no more advanced than what the PS2 MGS games demonstrated, even if it did look incredibly slick.

I'm glad they've gone back to Big Boss though. And it's not so much because I think he's a interesting character with more story that needs explaining, though that helps, it's that I didn't like the overly technological stylings seen in 4 and now Rising. Seeing a mech in MGS1 and 2 was a really special moment but now you can't move for them to the point that they've stopped being special or interesting. Seeing the Ninja in MGS for the first time was incredible, but now every one's a ninja almost. I just think they've gone a bit to far with the consipiracies and plot devices that they've dug themselves into a hole concerning games happening in the future. When he broke out his map device, I did let out a bit of a sigh as it seemed totally unnecessary to have something that fancy given we're probably dealing in an 80s setting given his appearance and date of birth. Yet apparently, XOF were made defunct by the end of the 70s making it even more strange... unless they were just underground. Oh well, as long as they keep it in check, that's all I ask.

So the kid, are we to presume that's "Jack" or just some random child?

Edited by Captain Falcon

Wait WHAT?! I have only played the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games so this makes no sense to me.

And Big Boss is the original Snake. There is also Liquid, Solid and Solidus snake who are all clones of Big Boss. IIRC they are supposed to be a mix of recessive and dominant genes, which defines their differences.

Big Boss was snake is MGS3 and that PSP MGS game whose name I forgot (not the portable ops series).

'Solid' Snake is Old Snake is MGS4 and aged prematurely due to the clones being created from the DNA of Big Boss when he was old (what?).

EDIT: You know what, this story makes very little sense, and funnily enough, this is some of the easier to keep track of, and more sane stuff in the plot. Still love it though.

Thank you.

I love the series, even though I've never played a game of it in my life.

I hope that one day, we'll see a massive compilation for it on a console that I own.

Isn't some sort of compilation coming out now because of the 25th Anniversary?