DIY Mafia, by Cave Jonnas

Jonnas

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all:

For a number of reasons!

1. Because I like to play that way. I don't like spelling out things to people if they can be worked out from the thread.

2. It's more fun like this!

3. Because he's asked like a billion times and every time I've pretty much answered it.

4. Because I don't see why I should have to do your work for you, lazy players aren't going to win us much.

5. You already know the answer, anyway.

Maybe the town understand it, and you don't. You're the only person I see asking. Maybe you're mafia trying to root out what everyone does so you can kill your next viable target? I don't see lots of other people being confused or asking the same questions as you repeatedly.

Putting you in the minority. The minority is mafia.

1. Even assuming what I'm asking could be worked out from the thread, it's an annoying and counterproductive way of playing. People naturally get frustrated when you play uncooperatively. You of all people know this from past experience.

2. No, it's not. :heh:

3. What? You haven't answered a single thing I've asked you!

4. Lazy? I'm the one trying to make sense of things here while you just sit there and refuse to cooperate. Frankly, you seem like the lazy one.

5. Then maybe Diageo can answer us?

We're all clearly equally confused. Go back a few pages and see the different assumptions drawn about these things. I even point it out straight afterwards because I know it's one of the arguments you're clinging to.

Why should everyone else ask you the same questions that I've already asked? If they DO know the answers, wouldn't they have tired of me and either simply answered me or tried to shut me up instead? I could turn your argument around and say that since you're the only one protesting my questioning, clearly you're the only one against it and thus in the minority = mafia.

See how silly that argument is?

Besides, when two players start to focus on each other in a mafia game, the other players usually want to avoid getting involved.

And to be honest, so do I. I know you're more stubborn than me in mafia games and that we very likely won't get anywhere, so I don't want to waste more energy on this discussion.

Lucky, then, that we seem to have found a more pressing lead in @%1;.

(Apologies in advance if the tagging doesn't work.)

Lol. I believe heroijan targetted me last night, causing me to be paralysed my electricity.

I understand that the mafia will jump at this chance.

Sighs! Please just remember the different timezone (I'm 9 hours ahead i.e. I have 1am before you have 1am. 9 hours before, etc).

Obviously i'd like to hear from Jayseven, but in the mean time.. what happened to you last night mr-paul?

Nothing that I'm aware of.

Jayseven, what were you trying to do to heroicjanitor? I think it's time for a role claim and targets.

Vote : jayseven

Lol. I believe heroijan targetted me last night' date=' causing me to be paralysed my electricity.[/b']

I understand that the mafia will jump at this chance.

Sighs! Please just remember the different timezone (I'm 9 hours ahead i.e. I have 1am before you have 1am. 9 hours before, etc).

Did you also target him like the writeup states?

Second post: Ninja'd to it.

@The Peeps Not denying it - I targetted him, but was roleblocked by a paralysing jolt of electricity, which I'm inferring was heroicjanitor's roleblocking ability. It's a case of wrong place, wrong time.

I'm Charles Darwin, I can investigate people to learn a little about them. So far I've targetted;

Night 1: Tales - could not find him during the night, as if he has 'vanished'

Night 2: Cube - he has ability to track another player and broadcast it in write-up, though he did not always have this power

Night 3: Dannyboy - looks at the bodies

Night 4: heroijan - I got zapped, so unable to get info.

I might have some info that I've sat on since yesterday. it may just be nothing though.

If someone were to redirect someone who hasn't sent in a target would they (the person who hasn't sent the target) actually end up doing anything? or would they still just do nothing?

Depending on answers I may know who yesterday's killer was.

Well I was re-directed AGAIN, away from heroic to Danny. I think it's about time this treachery ended! Who keeps interrupting my kung fu?

@The Peeps Not denying it - I targetted him' date=' but was roleblocked by a paralysing jolt of electricity, which I'm inferring was heroicjanitor's roleblocking ability. It's a case of wrong place, wrong time.

I'm Charles Darwin, I can investigate people to learn a little about them. So far I've targetted;

Night 1: Tales - could not find him during the night, as if he has 'vanished'

Night 2: Cube - he has ability to track another player and broadcast it in write-up, though he did not always have this power

Night 3: Dannyboy - looks at the bodies

Night 4: heroijan - I got zapped, so unable to get info.[/quote']

Isn't all of that open info in the thread? Not buying it. vote:jayseven.

I was thinking the same, Rummy. The only piece of info that wasn't available in the thread was the fact that I investigate dead bodies. On that note, I found that last night's killer was the same who scared off Tales (and that he/she was as hard to stop as before), which I personally read as a hint that the other nights had different killers, meaning that the "relentless" connections seems to have been a coincidence.

Anyway, I'm willing to go for jayseven.

Vote: jayseven

basically Diageo claims to have redirected the conveniently mod killed animal to jayseven yesterday, however I know that no-one targeted jay yesterday.

seems like a pretty decent cover for a killer.

I also find jayseven suspect, but wanted to get this out in case I'm dead next. thoughts?

I forgot how useless I'd become at these games.

I don't really know what else to do besides shake my head and sigh.

On day 3 I did state something along the lines of "I think I trust Cube" - my minute addition to the thread. I haven't lied anywhere. Is there not anyone who can set the record straight?

If I'm going to get the lynches piled on then I'll vote: Diageo, because I think the fact that he has lied is something to follow up.

I'll be voting either Diageo or for Jay depending on where the Diageo lead goes. At the moment though i don't feel we actually have anything on Jayseven and its just a gut feeling (on my behalf anyway).

While your there Sheikah.. bearing in mind i KNOW what you did last night.. does your power collect info or carry out an action? I'm just trying to see who i can trust without revealing too much unnecessary info atm.

I was thinking the same, Rummy. The only piece of info that wasn't available in the thread was the fact that I investigate dead bodies. On that note, I found that last night's killer was the same who scared off Tales (and that he/she was as hard to stop as before), which I personally read as a hint that the other nights had different killers, meaning that the "relentless" connections seems to have been a coincidence.

Anyway, I'm willing to go for jayseven.

Vote: jayseven

Hmm. Was it accurate information, though? Do you investigate dead bodies?

yo, sorry for low activity. I'm parsing the thread at the moment. Here's D1 and D2 together:

D1

no lynch - vonne, mr-paul, cube, heroic, rummy, jay, dud, diageo, jimbob, sheikah, peeps, animal.

no vote count

N1

Dohnut dies. Strangled

law & order reference

attenborough power? refers to cube.

D2

diageo asks cube why no target

cube claims no targeting power, doesn't explain it yet.

Peeps couldnt find his target (who?) untargetable or protection

DuD claims roleblocked, unconscious

Yvonne comments on characters in writeup

Tales claims targeted Dohnut

EEVIL claims redirected to Dohnut from Yvonne (kill attempt??)

cube presses for info on dohnut death

Yvonne asks EEVILMURRAY about being an RB

Rummy joins cube in asking for info

EEVIL claims redirector

Diageo quizzes

Yvonne votes for EEVIL

EEVIL claims cell

cube asks who that is

rummy asks what EEVIL was intending

Yvonne confirms vote based on Cell's power

EEVIL tried making Yvonne self target, admits to being the killer, claims he was forced to kill

Yvonne asks about this claim

EEVIL says he was commanded

Yvonne asks Animal opinion

mr-paul votes EEVIL

cube votes EEVIL

rummy says will vote later, waits for info

EEVIL claims wanting to keep it DL for simplicity

heroic votes EEVIL

rummy waits

VOTE COUNT

Eevilmurray (4): Yvonne, mr-paul, Cube, heroicjanitor

Majority is 9

DuD seconds Rummy

Rummy votes EEVIL

Sheikah has nothing to add about the death, thinks EEVIL isn't scummy

Yvonne suggests that may be a good tactic

heroic suspects EEVIL is the killer

Peeps doesn't think EEVIL is mafia

Diageo votes EEVIL

Rummy is happy to lynch if no one speaks up for EEVIL

EEVIL explains more

VOTE COUNT

Eevilmurray (6): Yvonne, mr-paul, Cube, heroicjanitor, Rummy, Diageo

Majority is 9

mr-paul wants to lynch EEVIL for info

Rummy suggests could be vig

cube clarifies SK vs VIG

gmac votes EEVIL

j7 votes EEVIL

DuD votes EEVIL

Rummy expects the unexpected

heroic says outing a redirector isn't necessary

Rummy talks about what redirectors would/should do

Dannyboy votes EEVIL

VOTE COUNT

Eevilmurray (9): Yvonne, mr-paul, Cube, heroicjanitor, Rummy, Diageo, gmac, Jayseven, DuD

EEVIL vanishes, neutral. Can mimic any player's power. Had to guess everyone's power to win. Interesting win condition.

basically Diageo claims to have redirected the conveniently mod killed animal to jayseven yesterday, however I know that no-one targeted jay yesterday.

seems like a pretty decent cover for a killer.

I also find jayseven suspect, but wanted to get this out in case I'm dead next. thoughts?

You mean on night 3? Why didn't you mention this yesterday? This is interesting, though. @Diageo, what have you to say about this?

Remove Vote for the time being.

Yes, i do mean night 3.

I sat on it yesterday as i wasn't 100% sure on how the mechanics of redirecting someone who hasn't sent a target would work.. i.e if Animal wasn't targetting anyone (which i've assumed seeing as he was mod killed for being inactive) and Diageo re-directed him to Jayseven, would he actually target Jayseven or would he still not target anyone..?

I know that NO-ONE targetted Jayseven. So Animal definitely didn't target Jayseven. The question is... was he ever re-directed to Jayseven???

From my past experience though, when i've re-directed someone who hasn't sent a target i'm told that i couldn't convince the person into doing it (or something along those lines).

I think this would be a perfect alibi for the killer. In fact, having wrote it out like this i've convinced myself. Vote: @Diageo