N-Europe

Remember Me (June 7th)

Hero-of-Time

we've had a poor few years for creativity

Unless you look at XBLA/PSN. Then we've had an amazing few years for creativity.

It's too risky at the moment to put too much money into more creative games, hence why they're smaller.

I also think fancy new ideas work better as smaller games (for the first outing) anyway.

Unless you look at XBLA/PSN. Then we've had an amazing few years for creativity.

It's too risky at the moment to put too much money into more creative games, hence why they're smaller.

I also think fancy new ideas work better as smaller games (for the first outing) anyway.

That's certainly very true look at limbo,bastion, journey all great small indie games that are very creative

I just find it a shame that everything big companies now produce has to be a blockbuster game making far more profit than its predecessors, i see where they are coming from from a business point of view, but it stifles creativity and can't be good for the long run - they need to take some risks.

I'm certainly glad Sony have tried some new IP's lately, maybe them being the underdog has lead to them needing to take these risks

but on topic this game does look very good indeed and certainly worth the gamble to get a new IP

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/26205/remember-me-headed-towards-major-franchise-territory

Remember Me was one of the biggest surprises at Gamescom 2012 and has a lot of the gaming world excited for its arrival on current consoles. Yet launching a game so late in the console development cycle is a tricky proposition and many are surprised Capcom didn't simply wait for the next generation.

As Capcom senior producer Mat Hart put it:

"The thing is, if you leave it too late into next year, then you are starting to straddle that line where you're starting to move into the next generation consoles. And what we wanna do is make sure we launch this on the current generation of consoles, to really sell it in, and establish it as a new IP. And then build the franchise out in line with the new consoles coming out."

New IP generally launches with new consoles, especially as new consoles are hungry for attention getting launch titles. We suspect that Remember Me being a fresh story on a console many gamers already own is going to be attention-getting in a market of sequels.

By which time knowing Capcom they'll probably have rebooted it as rhythm game Remember Me: P.N.03! :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Reviews are coming in and its a little polarizing.

Edge - 8/10

Eurogamer - 7/10

CVG - 7/10

The Sixth Axis - 8/10

Eurogamer Italy - 8/10

Rev3 games - 3/5

Gamespot - 7/10

Polygon - 8/10

Gamereactor (German and Norwegian) - 8/10 each

Polygamia - 4/5

Gamesrader - 3.5/5

IGN (Italy) - 8.5/10

Insidegamer - 8/10

Jeuxvideo - 18/20

n4g - 7.7/10

IGN-US - 5.9/10

Gametrailers - 6.8/10

Destructoid - 6/10

cideogamer - 4/10

Might be worth waiting for a sale for some of you. I have the game coming this week so I'll post some impressions.

Well 2game.com have shipped my copy. Now I should get it tomorrow before its Friday release.

It's another Beyond Good and Evil isn't it? Interesting concept that doesn't fit any common mold, left to die without advertising in the summer season. Woman of colour in the lead role and everything.

If Edge gave it an 8 that's good enough for me. It shall be my post-Metro LL purchase.

First impressions are good. The intro was cool, the music is fantastic and it looks great. The combo system is interesting, you unlock moves which you then use to customise your own combos. Platforming is well bog standard Uncharted/Tomb Raider but with a bit more weight to it.

One down so far is the voice acting, its really hit and miss.

Just did my first remix memory aswell which was cool.