N-Europe

Fantasy Football 2012/13

Ellmeister

So with the Premier League being just around the corner (6 days :o) and the Community Shield on today, is anyone up for fantasy footy this year?

Can't remember who won it last season (sorry :p) but it was a pretty big league so lets try and get that going again! :bouncy::bouncy:

League I've created: 642507-219747

I've put this in the main chit-chat for now so people can see it and it can be moved to the playground later.

I'd like to join up, but I don't know how. What's the league name? I also keep getting "Invalid league pin" when trying to enter the pin, any help?

Keep trying, it's usually pretty temperamental. You can join a league at any time so don't worry if it doesn't work for you before the start of the season.

You may be on the wrong one though, we're using: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

My team name is Obi One Kenobi Nil.

When will they do the sub switching thingy? I've got like 14 points on my bench waiting to come on. They've warmed up and everything, trousers off and ready to go.

EDIT: Realised that Chelsea and Reading have still got a game to play tonight which is counted in this gameweek. No idea why. Won't they be a game ahead for ages?

EDITAGAIN: Apparently Chelsea are playing Athletic Madrid in the European Supercup on Friday. Ok.

Edited by 130131301364

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What the hell is going on this week!

Apparently due to the FA cup and other fixtures, it's all going tits up.

I've only got 5 players eligible this week - so i'm going to have some low low scores methinks. Just have to hope everyone else has the same problems. if not, maybe i can claw my way back when all my other players have double game weeks.

• 2 months later...

I tried and tried, but eventually gave up about 6 games from the end. All my players kept getting injured.

Did a bit of rejigging for the last round though and ended up with one of my highest weekly point totals! Completely by luck! I only transferred in Nolan as i neede to use up some money. Left him on the bench and he got subbed in with 19 points! Also had Lukaku so i had both of the hat-trick scorers in my team this week. :/

Anywho, i wish i had kept going for longer (or was just better at it).

The tragic thing is I was actually on this every week carefully making decisions and I finished slap bang in the middle at 7th. Bit of a let down compared to last year's debut season - second by only 20 points or so.

I think we should try a bit harder to make this feel genuinely competitive next season rather than the wholly arbitrary affair that it has been :heh: