N-Europe

The Happy Days Mafia

Jimbob

Right, sorry for being away but I've been at work from 12-9:30 so obviously haven't had a chance to post in this thread. I initially thought I was redirected to Yvonne as that's what my PM said but Jimbob has since told me that I was roleblocked so if Tales didn't roleblock me, that's a third roleblocker we have. Need Jimbob to respond to my PM to see exactly what's going on.

And now I'm going to read through all the posts I've missed.

It was me who roleblocked you. Because of what you wrote earlier I thought I didn't succeeded so I didn't mention it until I knew more.

I think this is very interesting since I initially forgot to send a target and sent it 3 hours before the day started, yet I got priority. So most likely it was a matter of who sent target first.

And we all know who is the last ones to send targets.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is very interesting since I initially forgot to send a target and sent it 3 hours before the day started, yet I got priority. So most likely it was a matter of who sent target first.

Priority has absolutely nothing to do with it. The "who sent targets in" only matters when there is no logical way around the situation, and that there is no set order list (eg redirectors before roleblockers in case a roleblocker targeted a redirector that targeted that roleblocker).

A roleblocker targeting another roleblocker is pretty straight forward, and if they both target each other then it doesn't really matter.

My current suspicion list:

Sheikah

Tales

EEVIL (although this is completely tiny).

Ok, I've had a more thorough read through and I don't trust Animal. I want your character, results, everything please. I have a very good reason to suspect you are evil. Sheikah, you need to stop being so aggressive as it makes you look scummy even if you aren't!

Vote: Animal

Yeah, well, what ya gonna do. :p

No offence Cube, but I know you're wrong about me so I've no reason to trust your other suspicions.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Priority has absolutely nothing to do with it. The "who sent targets in" only matters when there is no logical way around the situation, and that there is no set order list (eg redirectors before roleblockers in case a roleblocker targeted a redirector that targeted that roleblocker).

A roleblocker targeting another roleblocker is pretty straight forward, and if they both target each other then it doesn't really matter.

My current suspicion list:

Sheikah

Tales

EEVIL (although this is completely tiny).

Doesn't matter? He got told he was roleblocked. I wasn't. Of course it matters. There must be a reason why I roleblocked him and not him roleblocking me. Of course the end result is irrelevant, but that's not the point.

And in what universe am I suspicous? I never wanted to lynch Jonnas the townie, I tried to convince everyone not to. You dealt the final blow.

Come on, put votes on Animal. He basically wrote that he was mafia. Then Peeps and then Cube and we have won.

Yes people, Animal to be lynched. Don't listen to Cube. Cube has been the most suspicious this game (strong deliberation on casting the final vote but doing it anyway, voting me based on 'suspicion' DESPITE him voting Jonnas himself, and just generally posting contrived theories to avoid voting the most logical player).

Vote Animal everyone and I will reveal everything tomorrow. There's your incentive. :)

mr-Paul knows I'm town now by the looks of things.

Let's go @Nintendohnut, @EEVILMURRAY,

Guilted? No sir. You were going to vote him of your own accord.

I'll Remove Vote for now. I'll vote for Jonnas just before 5 unless there is a good reason not to do so.

The only reluctance you had and the reason I had to nag you to honour this post is because you didn't want to look guilty by placing the final vote.

NB note your activity levels have returned to normal (ie. very frequently posting) since after this deadline that stopped you from voting him the first time.

In fact I'm pretty sure you only casted the final vote in the end as you were trapped - the voting deadline extended, it would have been obvious you were abstaining and not busy.

You said the following:

You didn't consider this to be some sort of roleblock and had to ask for clarification? I might expect something like this from a mafia newbie, but not you Peeps. You're more than experienced to read between the lines.

I didn't consider it to be a roleblock at all, I just assumed I couldn't target Yvonne because he was dead. Now that you point it out, it does look like I could've been roleblocked.

Perhaps, but the added "I was later told I was roleblocked" is most unusual.

But this bit is intriguing:

What else do you need clearing up?

Because I was still under the impression that I was only redirected and not roleblocked, I needed it clearing up. You've done that for me now though.

It was me who roleblocked you. Because of what you wrote earlier I thought I didn't succeeded so I didn't mention it until I knew more.

And we all know who is the last ones to send targets.

I sent my target way before you if that's the case. If you remember I was REDIRECTED to Yvonne, so it isn't a case of which of us has priority over the other because I didn't end up targeting you at all.

---

Well I still think Tales is mafia as I know I'm town, which means Animal is town too in my eyes. If Sheikah is mafia too, then it's a standard mafia play as Sheikah was leaning hard on lynching Jonnas while Tales was against it. Classic ploy to get a townie lynched and make them both look good if you play it right.

Ok, I've had a more thorough read through and I don't trust Animal. I want your character, results, everything please. I have a very good reason to suspect you are evil.

If this reason is something you'd like to share with the rest of the class that would be just super.

TBH, I can't be bothered arguing any more. You're likely mafia (along with Tales), but there's no way to convince the town that you are so I won't try until someone brings proof.

@Cube, why do you trust Animal so much?

I'll be completely honest: It's just a feeling, and from the way people are posting.

I'm surprised you don't recognise the style of Sheikah's arguments.

It's also strange how Tales and Sheikah are completely ignoring two double voters - which is more improbable than two town roleblockers. Gives me the impression that they know both roleblockers are town and don't want to draw attention to the two double voters.

---

Well I still think Tales is mafia as I know I'm town, which means Animal is town too in my eyes. If Sheikah is mafia too, then it's a standard mafia play as Sheikah was leaning hard on lynching Jonnas while Tales was against it. Classic ploy to get a townie lynched and make them both look good if you play it right.

Well this is pretty much confirming for me that you and Cube are probably Mafia.

TBH, I can't be bothered arguing any more. You're likely mafia (along with Tales), but there's no way to convince the town that you are so I won't try until someone brings proof.

I'll be completely honest: It's just a feeling, and from the way people are posting.

Oh no, I really do. And I have to say I'm getting the same feeling from Animal. I also can't believe that, despite EEVIL's complete lack of contribution, The Peeps is apparently more suspicious than him. They both have double votes, and seeing as Peeps' action are clearly verifiable, and the fact that a redirector doesn't help anyone apart from the mafia (because if how confusing they make things), I'd much rather lynch EEVIL than Peeps.

But to me, Sheikah is the most suspicious by far. I know I asked him to calm down slightly, and I appreciate that he did so (I really do!), but I also can't help having a sneaking suspicion that his mafia team mates told him something similar on the forum and suggested it was drawing too much attention. But, as ever with these games, that's just me probably reading way too much into a situation.

Regardless, I think Sheikah is our best bet today by far.

Your acting is terrible. :p

You can't convince people that I am what I'm not. You won't find a sausage of evidence on me because I'm town.

What style? You claimed I guilted you into voting and I quoted your earlier comment to show you had every intention of voting Jonnas yourself. Except you told me you missed voting him due to a deadline.

So tell me, which was it that caused you to vote Jonnas? Yourself (as you initially suggested), or me through 'guilting' you?

@Dohnut if I am proven to be Mafia at the end of the game I will spam General shouting that I am a deranged psychopath.

I also can't believe that, despite EEVIL's complete lack of contribution, The Peeps is apparently more suspicious than him. They both have double votes, and seeing as Peeps' action are clearly verifiable, and the fact that a redirector doesn't help anyone apart from the mafia (because if how confusing they make things), I'd much rather lynch EEVIL than Peeps.

Complete lack of contribution? I've hidden nothing in what I've revealed and I don't see how my actions aren't verifiable.

lol, If anything good comes out of this game it will be at least that people know the way I post (even when town). It can be difficult when you start because you get judged on how you post yet you don't know the set of criteria people are using.

Priority isn't an issue. It doesn't matter who sends a PM in at what time in this mafia game. I finalise actions 1 hour before day end, so if someone wishes to track someone but later another person wishes to block that person, then the action will be blocked.

@Jimbob Generally it's best not to mention some stuff (like explaining the thing in the first night was filler, saying you sent a PM and what you said just now) and leaving it to speculation.

(Even if the stuff is confirming my theory on the priority thing)

@Jimbob Generally it's best not to mention some stuff (like explaining the thing in the first night was filler, saying you sent a PM and what you said just now) and leaving it to speculation.

(Even if the stuff is confirming my theory on the priority thing)

Ah, right.

I'm learning still, i'll remember this. I'll do a vote count shortly.