N-Europe

Houses of Parliament Mafia - Death of the Prime Minister

Mr-Paul

Sorry Mr-P.

The game and concept were quality, however I had more enjoyment from watching it unravel towards the end rather than take part as my role was just a hindrance.

I gave every scrap of info I had from the get go and people still thought I could have been mafia???!

All my info was already in the thread, I could n't be arsed to repeat every little detail to try and convince people of my innocence when they obviously hadn't took the time to read the info in the first place. I posted a similar statement during the game. I told them I was town, they went ahead with the lynch, so I just helped move it along.

Town was so retarded at times its untrue.

I thought it was a shame that your activity in the game died, as you were one of my standout players in the early stages of the game, one of the only guys trying to get things to happen. Yes, your power was a hindrance to townies, but it was to mafia as well. Maybe it was a bit excessive when I gave you the power to target three people, but mainly because no-one else paid attention enough to what you were saying, it was quite simple really!

Again, that was one of the things that annoyed me most in this game - people didn't seem to remember anything! So I understand how you feel. Anyway, thanks for playing, I'll remember in the future not to give you such an annoying role!

And thank you again to everyone for all the praise, to receive such great feedback on my first game really means a lot, the hours and hours I have spent over the years playing these games on the forum (I shudder if I go and read back my early performances!) must have taught me something along the way! :D

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah for a first game, it's outstanding!

I felt like this quite a bit sometimes, although I really suspected you for a while after pushing me so hard early on. As the others unravelled though, I started to think you less mafia and just a bit more super paranoid/into it town(mafias can often get oneself quite caught up!), but it's unfortunately how the games go. We did have some great plays from the mafia to throw us off too.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Sorry Mr-P.

The game and concept were quality, however I had more enjoyment from watching it unravel towards the end rather than take part as my role was just a hindrance.

I gave every scrap of info I had from the get go and people still thought I could have been mafia???!

All my info was already in the thread, I could n't be arsed to repeat every little detail to try and convince people of my innocence when they obviously hadn't took the time to read the info in the first place. I posted a similar statement during the game. I told them I was town, they went ahead with the lynch, so I just helped move it along.

I was the driving force behind the lynch. It was precisely because I read the thread from the beginning that I thought you were suspicious.

It had nothing to do with the info you had given or not given. Marcamillian supported you, you stopped creating vote beneficial vote patterns for yourself once you started becoming inactive (you also stopped targeting people as mafiosos started dying)...and once the accusations started, your defence was "Lol, no I'm not", which I saw as a mafioso giving up. Plus, the only person to pick up on my argument was Tales, who was good, as well (the mafia tends to change the subject once one of theirs is accused).

And if you were mafia, your power was actually the sort of power that sounds innocent enough for you to be open about.

It was one of those lynches that came about suspicious behaviour and circumstances. It happens.

I forgot to say that I was planning a system where powers would would be more effective against someone with a different political alignment to you, and have a chance of failing if used on someone from the same party as you (if it was a negative effect), but I decided in the end that it would be putting too much down to luck, would lead to less information, and be a hassle to implement. Would have been something along the lines of a rock paper scissors system (scissors strong against paper, rock strong against scissors, etc.) Still, an idea that I may try to develop/experiment with in the future, maybe with a more simple game.

Mr-paul: turning mafia games into Pokemon since 2012

I had great fun in this game, and mr-Paul also seemed to be enjoying watching my lies slowly turn in on me based on a few of his PMs :p it was really well balanced, and I think the biggest complement I can give is that I was reading right until the end. It was so exciting, Rummy did really well in the end despite a really tough position.

Great game to everyone involved, and bad luck mafia - I did everything I could to help you!

How did you think I was suspicious when I was the only person providing info and no-one (when we had a full player list) said any of it was untrue. I was blatently giving good info and moving the game in the towns favour.

Well played to marca, that was a great play.

From the first time I posted that I could no longer help the town I only ever gave a target when asked by mr paul.

And my lynches.. I went with the majority every time as my sole aim was to move the game along.

Sheikah's lynch was ridiculous, but I'm sure I put a vote down just to move along.

Wasn't Jonnas the only townie that voted to lynch you before you did?

Also, I'm surprised nobody went back to my "Sheikah's information makes me look very suspicious. It must be a big mafia plan so I'm voting for him." post. At that point, Sheikah's information proved I was the killer, so it was a final effort to get rid of one more player before me.

Then everyone forgot. Then Rummy released information that I was mafia yet you lynched DuD.

The fact Cube was on it right after also made me not want to go for him! I can see how it was/could have been a frustrating game, I would have been MUCH more annoyed had I died and all my evil reveals just gone un-noticed after that! Was seriously worried it would. Never saw the Dohnut/Jonnas partnership coming, nor him being a sleeper. The more I think, the more I realise how much of a truly awesome game it was. @mr\-paul, thought it was a smaller manifestation of a bigger idea, I certainly did like the fact Animal roleblocked certain folks, though yeah first thing was 'that could cause some confusion!'. I'm not sure how such confusion would then fly with most votes, but in my mind I reckon it could make it a more visceral game. I want a mafia where we just tear people apart!

• 1 month later...

Following the downfall of the rebellion, the Metropolitan Police continued their investigations to compile a final report on some of Parliament's darkest days. Hidden deep in a filing cabinet in Nick Clegg's office, they found a disc containing this recording...