NEurope
Dyson

3DS XL

"Enough with the jizz fest!" Now there's something I never thought I'd hear you say. :p

Also, it's been announced for a November release, so you only have three months to get a new 3DS!

Touché.

And that's good timing - coz Luigi's Mansion will hopefully be out around that time too, and that is one game I cannot WAIT to get my hands on. So I wil no doubt repurchase then and that'll be 3 games to start with. 999, Mario Bros 2 and Luigi. :)

Touché.

And that's good timing - coz Luigi's Mansion will hopefully be out around that time too, and that is one game I cannot WAIT to get my hands on. So I wil no doubt repurchase then and that'll be 3 games to start with. 999, Mario Bros 2 and Luigi. :)

May I ask, what's the point in selling it if you're just going to get another one in a few months? You'll be taking a loss. It's not logical

May I ask, what's the point in selling it if you're just going to get another one in a few months? You'll be taking a loss. It's not logical

Because there are no decent games out for it until that point. And I need the money - hence the sale. Also, when I pick another one up, I will no doubt buy it off ebay or preowned so therefore I won't be making a loss on the console.

Sounds fine to me and I'm very anal about these things

You're not that anal, because the difference is unbelievable. The XL can even distort at times, which is just ridiculous!

You're not that anal, because the difference is unbelievable. The XL can even distort at times, which is just ridiculous!

I have heard no distortion at all in mine...

To be honest mate, it is only with Teathrythm, just forces me to listen with headphones where it's better anyway. Shame though.

I've also not had any distortion on mine, but a friend says his crackles when he turns up the volume. Will have to get together & compare sometime - see if it's individual XLs or all models...

Since my last Nintendo handheld is the DS Lite, the sound's a massive improvement to me (DS games sound much deeper & punchier, esp the music in Nanostray 2). But then the DS lite was a drop in volume+bass from the original DS at the time, so go figure...

I have, it's very minor, but it is there in certain games that really push the 3DS' speakers sonically (like Theathythm and the 3D Classics games)

Makes sense really since the games would be designed around the limits of the original 3DS' speakers (which are higher quality than the 3DSXL's) and just so happen to push beyond the threshold of the 3DSXL's speakers.

From this point on though, they'll probably be designed for the 3DSXL's speakers (as it's the lowest common denominator in this case), so that should no longer be a significant issue.

Although you really should be using headphones/an external speaker system if you really care about sound anyway ;) (in which case the 3DSXL is perfectly fine)

Edited by Dcubed

Just to add that mine also crackles when some games push the audio. The speakers are just not of the same quality as the original 3DS.

I also get distortion on my XL at full volume, the oval speakers they've used in the XL are a definite downgrade from the circular ones used in the original 3DS.

But again, if you're not using headphones when playing on a portable system, you're doing it wrong. ;)

The sound via headphones on the XL is perfect, so I don't have a problem with the speaker situation. Plus, it's only a problem at full blast, with the volume slider set to around 80% or under it's absolutely fine.

I also get distortion on my XL at full volume, the oval speakers they've used in the XL are a definite downgrade from the circular ones used in the original 3DS.

But again, if you're not using headphones when playing on a portable system, you're doing it wrong. ;)

The sound via headphones on the XL is perfect, so I don't have a problem with the speaker situation. Plus, it's only a problem at full blast, with the volume slider set to around 80% or under it's absolutely fine.

Pffft, who needs headphones when you've got this :D

PM440%20wireless%20sound%20rocker.jpg

The only way to game! (Other than with a surround sound setup, which I have in a different room and is too much of a hassle to hook up a handheld to anyway!)

The only way to game!
The only way to do your back in more like it. :heh:

too much of a hassle to hook up a handheld to anyway!
What surround system you got?

Isn't it just a case of using one of these?:

PXwok.jpg

I've done it a few times on my one, but I still prefer headphones for portables.

The only way to do your back in more like it. :heh:

No way! That thing is super comfy! Love that chair :D

What surround system you got?

Isn't it just a case of using one of these?:

PXwok.jpg

I've done it a few times on my one, but I still prefer headphones for portables.

Yeah I'd just use one of those, but I'd have to reach round the back of my entertainment cabinet each time I want to play (no way am I leaving that cable on the floor for people to trip over!), so it's just too much of a hassle to bother with really.

Mind you though, I'm planning on getting a new Reciever and Speaker setup for when the Wii U comes out, so I'm gonna try and get one that has a line-in/phono in on the front for easy access with handhelds :)

Buy a 3DS XL + 1 free game from a choice of 4.

£169.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_170953127_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000664063&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0P17MNHCNBQ5F4B5AGWH&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=320665727&pf_rd_i=B008DS4MEQ&tag=hotukdeals-21

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Super Mario 3D Land

Resident Evil: Revelations

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

Charging cradle & AC Adapter will be released on 24/8/12 for £19.99

Shopto just shipped my cradle even though the release date was the 24th :)

@Ike Cool thanks I orderd two last night at 17:05 last night but it did not ship becuse I orderd it late so I wont get it till tuesday so my Red 3DS XL will have to be charged with just the AC Adaptor I orderd it from Amazon UK and I seen that shopto posted yours elery so I canceld my Amazon UK order I orderd 2 from Shopto

I ordered a cradle for every part of my flat. Do you think the one for the shower will work if I apply a thin layer of silicone over it AND the 3DS XL?

I ordered a cradle for every part of my flat. Do you think the one for the shower will work if I apply a thin layer of silicone over it AND the 3DS XL?

Not%252BSure%252Bif%252Bserious.jpg

I'm pretty sure he was being serious.

The 3DS is waterproof, so there's no need to worry.