NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

And then you see the disgusting side of football with the blood shown by Rio. Sure he's a knob, but he doesn't deserve that!

Was a very enjoyable match, Tevez was lucky not to see red at the end. Anyone think Mancini could go?

He is? Explain this (generally curious).

Funny clip, but in the series they're Arsenal fans. Or at least the curly haired kid is. :blank:

Hard fought win, we showed character. Glen Johnson was class, as he has been all season.

Our next 5 are very winnable, but being realistic, we will likely drop a couple here and there.

Just need to keep progressing.

What a great derby game. Wow. In dreamland when we went 2-0 up. The team stepped up today. Evans actually played well as did Smalling when he came on. Ferdinand was a rock at the back, As mentioned Ashley Young had one of his better games.

The team in general had an extra bit shine to them today, Great stuff. I know the final scoreline doesn't suggest we played that well, but I think we played exceptionally.

The free kick, again as mentioned above in previous posts, there was just something about it, just knew it was going to go in. When it did the pub erupted. Was a great moment.

The scenes after however were atrocious, Disgusting display. I'm not saying that Ferdinand is a saint either, he was celebrating rather erratically infront of the home crowd so does get the tag wind up merchant. But no need to pelt him with money. He's got enough of it as it is.

Same for Rooney's corner, the minority of their fans makes the whole club / fanbase look bad.

Vermaelen saved our bacon, I think we can nick it in extra time, Bradford need to rally themselves.

EDIT: Penalties, from how the match has gone we are so gonna lose this.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Gone to penalties...

EDIT. 3-2 Bradford...

Edited by Dog-amoto

Worst game of the season, no doubt at all. The players didn't care, Bradford worked their socks off and were the better team. Can't begrudge them for going through.

A near full strength Arsenal couldn't even beat Bradford.

So...how long till dazzybee turns up? :p

Why would it surprise anyone that Arsenal got beaten? This current team, no matter how good the likes of Cazorla are, are not even in the same league as the teams of the past. They're already 15 points behind in the title race, so they're not even competing at the moment. Baffling to think that nearly a decade ago, this same club managed to go a whole season unbeaten in the league.

I think we are missing Song and Diaby a lot more than we could have thought, we were playing well when we had Diaby in the midfield early on in the season, but tonight's performance was more than just that. The front 3 just didn't want to make anything happen, how many times did we have only 1 person making the run and getting in the box, not only that but we had so many crossing opportunities yet only 1 or 2 were actually decent, let alone great. I chalk it down to the team not caring about the competition, no concentration, no desire, no hope. If we fail to make the top 4 then I think we'll finally see some much needed change in the way the team is run. Nights like tonight are what Arsene has been dreading I'm sure.

They got beat by a league two team, how is that not surprising? I'd be surprised if Aston Villa, or any other PL team actually, got beat by a league two team.

I watched that game with an Arsenal fan.

Speaking as a Newcastle fan who has watched Arsenal beat Newcastle 2-1 and 4-1 at different points with Arsenal fans down south, I enjoyed that.

They got beat by a league two team, how is that not surprising? I'd be surprised if Aston Villa, or any other PL team actually, got beat by a league two team.

No excuses, but Bradford knocked out Wigan the round before..

We were shite. I went. I don't want to talk about it any more.

Just saw that - absolutely fantastic! Can't believe there's a top flight team who potentially have zero fans watching the game. What a farce!

That guy is a legend now.

For some reason i thought this was for a Europa League match or something, i.e in another country. Didn't realise it was a domestic tie! Wow.

Can't make this shit up.

Wearing the no. 12 shirt, Giovinco scored in the 12th minute of the second half, notching his twelfth goal for the club on the twelfth day of the twelfth month of the year of our Lord, 2012, in Juve’s twelfth home game of the season…

Loved our match yesterday. Some of the build-up play in the first half was fantastic, some of the best football I've seen all season. I went crazy when that second goal went in, as the play before it was sublime. As usual, we had to concede. No defensive bonuses for the team, this week. :p

Also, lol at Liverpool. Have to laugh at Rodgers saying that Liverpool were targeting a top-2 finish. Just insane. 14 points off second with a GD between the two of 18. Only 7 points off the relegation zone.

He's been hideously misquoted on that.

"We lie four points off the top four," said Rodgers.

"For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly."

He added: "You need to get consistency - and that is what we have at the minute."

Where do they get "We're aiming for 2nd" from that?

I'd rather forget about yesterdays game, defending was embarrassing, every player (except Downing, hilariously) was poor.

He's been hideously misquoted on that.

"We lie four points off the top four," said Rodgers.

"For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly."

He added: "You need to get consistency - and that is what we have at the minute."

Where do they get "We're aiming for 2nd" from that?

I'd rather forget about yesterdays game, defending was embarrassing, every player (except Downing, hilariously) was poor.

Same every week for every manager. Bit of a joke, I admit.

Liverpool are paying the price for not buying a striker or two in January. Very surprised they didn't put a bid in for somebody like Ba. Everton have a better and more balanced team, which is where I think Liverpool need to look and take note of.