NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Land

I haven't managed it myself yet because I haven't had a chance to play the exclusive multiplayer games enough, but I remember RedShell saying it was pretty sweet. Think the words were "Nintendo Magic" ;)

Edit -Also Octopus Dance is a nightmare for someone with terrible co-ordination who can barely tell left from right at the best of times! Will I ever do it?! :shakehead

I really struggle with this game too.

I keep getting to the final round, but have never done it yet so I'm currently missing my gold star!

I really struggle with this game too.

I keep getting to the final round, but have never done it yet so I'm currently missing my gold star!

I get confused when there's 3 wildy different stick movements in the same sequence but the time I cleared Octopus Dance was when everything was easy to remember :grin:

Another tip I would have, if you didn't already know, is..

Before the octopus squirts ink all over the screen, tap him a few times with your finger on the touch screen to make him much smaller and therefore reducing the obstruction he creates to a negligible level

:hehe:

I get confused when there's 3 wildy different stick movements in the same sequence but the time I cleared Octopus Dance was when everything was easy to remember :grin:

Another tip I would have, if you didn't already know, is..

Before the octopus squirts ink all over the screen, tap him a few times with your finger on the touch screen to make him much smaller and therefore reducing the obstruction he creates to a negligible level

:hehe:

You beauty! I didn't know that :)

The ones I find hard to remember/do is the single arms in different directions when it's on triple fast speed at the end of a sequence of ten movements!

How many gates do you need to finish in the Yoshi game to get a gold star, it only that and the Octopus Dance I have left to get a gold star and I ain't touching Octopus till I have teh Yoshi game done :heh:

Farthest I got so far is 14 :heh:

How many gates do you need to finish in the Yoshi game to get a gold star, it only that and the Octopus Dance I have left to get a gold star and I ain't touching Octopus till I have teh Yoshi game done :heh:

Farthest I got so far is 14 :heh:

20 gates until the end, then more after

20...gah I'll never get that far :p

How many stages on the Octopus Dance to get the gold star?

I just tried it (very first time) and fell apart on stage 3 :heh:

Woot just got the gold star on Yoshis Fruit Cart :D

Now just the Octopus one left.... no idea how I'll manage that one... I have no ryhtm and suck so much at those memory type games :heh:

What's the fastest way of getting coins in this game? Obviously there's the x2 thing randomly showing up, but just wondering if there a particular attraction that gives them out more than the others? The way I see it, achievements wise:

1. Gold star everything - easily done.

2. Get every prize - takes time but can be done

3. Get all platinum trophies - should be easy enough, got half already

4. Get every stamp - I'm not going to even bother lol

Don't think I'm missing any.

What's the fastest way of getting coins in this game? Obviously there's the x2 thing randomly showing up, but just wondering if there a particular attraction that gives them out more than the others? The way I see it, achievements wise:

1. Gold star everything - easily done.

2. Get every prize - takes time but can be done

3. Get all platinum trophies - should be easy enough, got half already

4. Get every stamp - I'm not going to even bother lol

Don't think I'm missing any.

I always found Yoshi's fruit cart on 2x coins always gave you load... or any game that gives easy stamps and use loads of new Mii's!

Woot just got the gold star on Yoshis Fruit Cart :D

Now just the Octopus one left.... no idea how I'll manage that one... I have no ryhtm and suck so much at those memory type games :heh:

In case you didn't know

If you have someone around with a Wiimote, they can pop those red bubbles and restock your hearts

In case you didn't know

If you have someone around with a Wiimote, they can pop those red bubbles and restock your hearts

I did not know.... need to try get the wife to help out so

In case you didn't know

I didn't know!!!! I need to enlist the BIRD, and that is going to require bribery!

Anyone know if anything special happens if you get all platinum trophies? No spoilers please, just wondering if I need to bother. EDIT: Never mind, found out, a pop up message. Yay.

Also, why on the status screen does it only show 6 trophies? Then you click on 'View Others' and it just shows the same 6?? EDIT: Never mind, just realised you're only awarded trophies for the single player attractions.

Donkey Kong's Crash Course is such a wonderful and IRRITATING game. The art style, animations, sound effects etc, all so nice. I'm trying to get the Perfect Run stamp, but I can never get past the Be Brave drop down in the second course without dying, and having to start all over again.

Edited by Ronnie

Boomp!

Now the console's been out for a while and whatnot; how much do you guys still play Nintendoland? Would you say it's a worthy purchase? Trying to decide between a regular premium that comes with NLand, or going for a MH3 bundle instead which doesn't.

Boomp!

Now the console's been out for a while and whatnot; how much do you guys still play Nintendoland? Would you say it's a worthy purchase? Trying to decide between a regular premium that comes with NLand, or going for a MH3 bundle instead which doesn't.

If you have mates to play with I would recommend it. If you like beating your own high scores, again I would recommend it.

Personally I just couldn't get into it. I just didn't like the control schemes for a lot of the games and probably would have played the hell out if it if I could use a pro controller on it.

Hmm. Even with people does it last? Tbh we don't do as much local video gaming as we used to, though things might change if/when I move out later this year with folks. How much playtime have you managed to get out of it, if much?

Hmm. Even with people does it last? Tbh we don't do as much local video gaming as we used to, though things might change if/when I move out later this year with folks. How much playtime have you managed to get out of it, if much?

Me? Not much, but I think @RedShell got something like 70 hours out of it.

At the end of the day it is essentially a minigame collection, but a one that is put together very well.

I've had about 70 hours out of it, too. AND it's still going strong, but that's due to the little one and his cousins, who frequent my place as often as they can. If you've got a few children to play along this becomes a huge time consumer and well worth the price. Playing single player enticed me up to about 3 weeks ago, when I decided I had better sit down and finish ZombiU and Batman before MH comes. I'm sure I'll pick it up in single player again, but having Gold Starred everything it's now relegated to a multiplayer only affair.

I think it's amazing, hardcore arcade style games that you'll keep coming back to.

Far better than Wii Sports IMO.

Yeah i think Nintendoland is a great experience game. And if you tap into the games then you can get a lot out of it. I barely play it on my own (though I always want to get back into it) but multiplayer really is incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to recomend it.

Hmm. Even with people does it last?
Definitely. With or without other players, if you really get into the game it will last a long time.

Me? Not much, but I think RedShell got something like 70 hours out of it.
Yep, and the majority of that was single player.

But like you already mentioned, it helps if you're into improving your scores/enjoy replaying stages. ;)

Even so, I reckon there's a good 20-30 hours to be spent just playing through everything that the game has to offer once. :smile:

I've really enjoyed it and got a lot of out it, and almost all of that has been in single player. There's so many layers to it, some many items to collect, so many achievements to notch up, it's really a very deep game. I'll post up tomorrow how many hours I've put in on it!

The great thing with it is with games like Metroid you can play them in different ways - getting all the Mastered icons for both ways of playing takes hours.