NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 23: The highlight of the Summer

I want to score on average more than 3 a game over the whole season, so I'm going out against Happenstance to score as many as possible. No let ups. :p

Plus the GD would be nice.

Dragooooo welcomes the Cup, although they will ultimately treat it with disdain, as we know that the league remains top priority. ;)

I'm going to get smashed today. But, I have no choice but to try and get something from this game. Go out there and perform, you brave, brave warriors. Sons of Dragooooonia.

Just realised it's Tuesday... FUCK!

Just logged on X11 having realised I'm too late... 3-0 victory! Not the team I would've liked to play though but can't complain.

Edit - WTF, why would it even consider putting a forward in defence?

Congrats to Inter for winning the upper league title :)

In the meantime I'll just find myself a corner and

party-fails-under-the-table-crying-drinking-booze-himym.gif

Bring on next season ASAP!

And Happenstance, what's the deal about coming back for the last rounds :p You completly screwed over MadDog :p Please be a gentleman and lose in my match, I want to secure that top 3 finish ;)

Im not back, I just decided to go out as I came in, by being a dick. MadDog was just the one that was stupid enough to mention wanting to score goals against me...plus he likes Jordan Henderson which is reason enough.

Beat seahawks today to climb from 7th to 4th 2 points off promotion. This middle league is too close to call. Just a message for Peeps: I'm coming to get you and snatch promotion from you. MOT

Full reports coming tonight for the past 3 matches in the Elite, and a treat for the winner as well. Unfortunetly, it will involve looking at my ugly mug once more.

And concerning Recall United. If it wasn't for @Haden (curses *shakes fist) and the draws i've had since, i would be in the top table position still. Next season however, will be different. 2 games left, i'm giving up challenging and going to give all my youth playing time to get some development before the cup.

Great game! I came back from 3-1 down against Rising Phoenix to grab a point. 3-3. I contemplated putting out a team that would go for the draw, but Dragooooo plays to win!

So close at the bottom. It will most likely go down to the last game. I feel that if I can win one out of the two games, that should be enough to keep me up. Two games at home. It's in our hands!

Don't mind me, just single-handedly proving tactics aren't worth shit in this game :/ Most retarded season ever. Could never win despite 5 star tactics / countering things nearly every game. Least I'll be back in mid next season. Get the youth playing properly.

Duds Baggies (a) - 5 stars. Tightened wings while he attacked wings. Chances 5-4. Result: lose 2-1

Comerade co-op (h) - 4 star, attacked wings while he defended centre. Chances 8-4. Result: draw 1-1

Battlestar (h) - 5 stars. Prepared his formation but he countered my wing plays. Why did I get 5 star? Chances 2-0. Result: Draw 0-0

Battlestar (a) - 5 stars. Wing plays while he tightens centre. Prepared for his formation. Chances 3-2. Result: lose 2-0

Intergalactico (h) - 5 stars. Wing plays while he tightens centre. Chances 4-5. Lose 0-1.

MadPool (h) - 5 stars. Tighten wings vs his wing plays. Prepared for formation. Chances 4-2. Draw 2-2.

Comerade Co-op (a) - 5 stars. Wing plays vs his tighten centre. He prepares for my formation. Chances 3-9. Draw 2-2.

Eights (a) - 5 stars. Wing plays vs his tighten centre. Prepared for his formation. Chances 4-1. Lose 2-0.

Mcoys sons (h) - 4 stars(somehow, countered everything but his playmaker). Wing plays vs his tighten centre. Tightened centre vs his through plays. Prepared for his formation. Chances 6-2. Draw 1-1.

Don't mind me, just single-handedly proving tactics aren't worth shit in this game :/ Most retarded season ever. Could never win despite 5 star tactics / countering things nearly every game. Least I'll be back in mid next season. Get the youth playing properly.

Duds Baggies (a) - 5 stars. Tightened wings while he attacked wings. Chances 5-4. Result: lose 2-1

Comerade co-op (h) - 4 star, attacked wings while he defended centre. Chances 8-4. Result: draw 1-1

Battlestar (h) - 5 stars. Prepared his formation but he countered my wing plays. Why did I get 5 star? Chances 2-0. Result: Draw 0-0

Battlestar (a) - 5 stars. Wing plays while he tightens centre. Prepared for his formation. Chances 3-2. Result: lose 2-0

Intergalactico (h) - 5 stars. Wing plays while he tightens centre. Chances 4-5. Lose 0-1.

MadPool (h) - 5 stars. Tighten wings vs his wing plays. Prepared for formation. Chances 4-2. Draw 2-2.

Comerade Co-op (a) - 5 stars. Wing plays vs his tighten centre. He prepares for my formation. Chances 3-9. Draw 2-2.

Eights (a) - 5 stars. Wing plays vs his tighten centre. Prepared for his formation. Chances 4-1. Lose 2-0.

Mcoys sons (h) - 4 stars(somehow, countered everything but his playmaker). Wing plays vs his tighten centre. Tightened centre vs his through plays. Prepared for his formation. Chances 6-2. Draw 1-1.

How do your plays match up against the opposition? It's more than just guessing your opponents playing style and formation. If they have a strong forwards you will need to play a strong defence. If they have 4 fantastic midfielders it could be worth playing 5 in the midfield to match that.

Tactics consist of more than just the variables you can pick. Your team (formation, teamwork, age) comes into account too. Whether you play offensive or not in relation to the team you have and in relation to what your opponent picks. If your opponent has left an opening you've taken advantage of (albeit unintentionally), you may end up with a higher manager rating than you expect.

And of course, tactics can only take you so far. If you're playing stronger teams, chances are you'll lose anyway despite having better tactics. Even win bonuses can affect the outcome and you can never know what your opponent has set :p

Look at your team's ratings against your opponent's for each game. Is yours higher than theirs or not? Also check last line-up for both teams after the game and see what each player actually played to.

My offence ratings tend to be low which is upsetting. Thought just playing people who like to play with each other would make that high? I tend to think that 4-5-1 beats 4-4-2 etc but suppose I can just attempt to smother their good players every game.

I'd guess that players that work well together are more likely to pass the ball between each other etc so it's best to have a team that plays well together... it wouldn't be good to have 2 forwards playing who both don't get on with each other.

Team ratings are more to do with the actual skill of your team. If your form values are high they have a better chance of playing above their own skill level and of course teamwork will probably help with possession and team ratings a little bit.

Beat seahawks today to climb from 7th to 4th 2 points off promotion. This middle league is too close to call. Just a message for Peeps: I'm coming to get you and snatch promotion from you. MOT

I'm still not sure if I even want to be promoted to the elite league lol so go right ahead! As long as I'm not relegated I'll be fine with my performance this season. Got a lot of great DVs.

Well done Inter on becoming champions :)

Our win today masked a very poor performance, but at least we're safe for another season.

Obviously the first game Happenstance could be arsed to set tactics for was my game. Going ultra defensive and bruise rubs it in just that little bit more.

f97c7d4365c92270851310d7dde25300dc0c77f2.jpg

Massive well done to @Nikos9. Nobody is more deserving of it than him. :)

Daniel-Agger.jpg

I know he set tactics when I beat him away, so I'm confident I will beat him at home on Friday and snatch that second place from you.

Sending Zell down with style ;) Admittedly it could have gone either way. Least I still have an outside chance but I think I'd prefer to go down for now.

Sending Zell down with style ;) Admittedly it could have gone either way. Least I still have an outside chance but I think I'd prefer to go down for now.

I don't want to go down, because it will look shameful if all 3 promoted teams go down together.

So, screw you guys! I'm staying up. ;)

@Mr_Odwin, I'm Coming For You!

I tend to think that 4-5-1 beats 4-4-2 etc but suppose I can just attempt to smother their good players every game.

There is far more too it than that.

4-5-1 is a more defensive formation and you'll probably find you win the midfield battle. What if they have 4 incredible midfielders, you might find that they win through and if you tighten centre and they play wings you could be in for trouble.

That's pity laughter because Oddy hasn't improved for a long time and he can clearly see you're on the up flinkster.