NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

They practically had a fit about having to release it from what I recall. They weren't planning for weeks after.

I remember them being annoyed (who wouldn't be?), but nowhere near as much as Fox who were absolutely livid.

Wouldn't be surprised if they both were, though.

Fox dropped out and so have Marvel, so this seems like the perfect chance for DC to step up to the plate.

I don't know why they wouldn't co-release in this day and age.

I don't know why they wouldn't co-release in this day and age.

Exactly. I mean, Star Wars is doing it with all of their trailers at the moment; they're constantly aware as to the size of the fan base.

1tsz0x.jpg

No you're procrastinating.

::shrug:

And not exactly surprising, but official synopsis:

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Directed by Zack Snyder, this marks the big screen debut of the Justice League, featuring an all-star lineup: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher.

Edited by Ashley

Isn't that Superman with WW hair? Seems legit.

That gave me a laugh. Really quite amazing hair.

It's from a BvS promo shot, if you're wondering.

bvs-superman-poster.jpg

The digital release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition (the uncut version) is out there and a lot of people are saying it fixes a lot of things that were wrong with the theatrical cut. Short of saving it for those who absolutely hated the original from beginning to end, it's getting pretty positive feedback.

The digital release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition (the uncut version) is out there and a lot of people are saying it fixes a lot of things that were wrong with the theatrical cut. Short of saving it for those who absolutely hated the original from beginning to end, it's getting pretty positive feedback.

Oooh @Daft when are we getting on this?

I have the Blu Ray on order.

And for some reason the Blu Ray is out in a month.

See you at the end of July then!

And probably before.

I have no clue what the logic of releasing the Blu Ray so fucking far behind digital.

I have no clue what the logic of releasing the Blu Ray so fucking far behind digital.

Reverse Nintendo.

Just finished watching it. I liked the theatrical version anyway but this just makes it a lot clearer and solves a few issues here and there.

Here's an extended preview, the first 10 minutes...

So I watched the Ultimate Edition over the weekend...

It was...so much better. It actually felt like a film, instead of like hard work.

Everything was just given so much more space to breathe.

Lois' sub-plot is great. The bullet, the wheelchair bomb being led-lined.

All the Clark bits, like when he calls his mum was a sweet touch and made the bit where he sees his father later in the film like it's not just coming out of nowhere. Clark's investigation in Gotham.

The bit where Superman actually fucking helps people after the courtroom explosion.

The Bat-branded guy getting killed in prison. And then Clark talking to the mother of his son.

Lex is clearly playing everyone in this version. Which kind of plays into how Jesse plays the part; he's an evil manipulative man who's utterly ruthless. On the verge of hysteria. The end scene when Batman tells him he's being sent to Arkham. The look on his face. Just all the dialogue in that scene felt less "TO BE CONTINUED".

KG Beast, way better integrated, he actually felt like he lived up to his name.

The African woman's sub-plot and the bit where she's murdered by KGBeast. That was sad.

And she tells Senator Finch the truth before so her line "Today is a day for truth" has a completely different meaning.

I think they even moved the bit where Bruce sees WW's photo from after the Knightmare scene to later on when he's going through Lex's files on the kryptonite. Which made all of that flow so much better. I'm not really certain this is a change but something about it feels different.

Even the extended Knightmare scene felt more coherent. Sure it comes out of nowhere but I think that's a different issue.

The funeral scene at the end, where all the characters from Man of Steel where there.

Holy shit, this film was gutted. I'm not even angry, I'm sad that people sat through that other version.

Yeah, just the whole thing was so much better. I feel sorry for Zack Snyder tbh. He had to sit through a torrent of criticism and abuse of a film that wasn't really his. And fuck WB for doing that. I'm not really sure why WB are scared of a 3hr run-time. They made everyone suffer through three Hobbit Films that long.

So I watched the Ultimate Edition over the weekend...

It was...so much better. It actually felt like a film, instead of like hard work.

Everything was just given so much more space to breathe.

Lois' sub-plot is great. The bullet, the wheelchair bomb being led-lined.

All the Clark bits, like when he calls his mum was a sweet touch and made the bit where he sees his father later in the film like it's not just coming out of nowhere. Clark's investigation in Gotham.

The bit where Superman actually fucking helps people after the courtroom explosion.

The Bat-branded guy getting killed in prison. And then Clark talking to the mother of his son.

Lex is clearly playing everyone in this version. Which kind of plays into how Jesse plays the part; he's an evil manipulative man who's utterly ruthless. On the verge of hysteria. The end scene when Batman tells him he's being sent to Arkham. The look on his face. Just all the dialogue in that scene felt less "TO BE CONTINUED".

KG Beast, way better integrated, he actually felt like he lived up to his name.

The African woman's sub-plot and the bit where she's murdered by KGBeast. That was sad.

And she tells Senator Finch the truth before so her line "Today is a day for truth" has a completely different meaning.

I think they even moved the bit where Bruce sees WW's photo from after the Knightmare scene to later on when he's going through Lex's files on the kryptonite. Which made all of that flow so much better. I'm not really certain this is a change but something about it feels different.

Even the extended Knightmare scene felt more coherent. Sure it comes out of nowhere but I think that's a different issue.

The funeral scene at the end, where all the characters from Man of Steel where there.

Holy shit, this film was gutted. I'm not even angry, I'm sad that people sat through that other version.

Yeah, just the whole thing was so much better. I feel sorry for Zack Snyder tbh. He had to sit through a torrent of criticism and abuse of a film that wasn't really his. And fuck WB for doing that. I'm not really sure why WB are scared of a 3hr run-time. They made everyone suffer through three Hobbit Films that long.

I still don't really understand Batman's future premonition thing, so Flash travels through time I get that, but how does it lead to Bats seeing anything, and why does Flash's visit essentially happen in a dream? I don't feel like they thought it through at all

I still don't really understand Batman's future premonition thing, so Flash travels through time I get that, but how does it lead to Bats seeing anything, and why does Flash's visit essentially happen in a dream? I don't feel like they thought it through at all