Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

LEGO Batman 2

ReZourceman

This is an interesting one, as it seems there are quite a few viable platform options.

Lego-Batman-2-X360-Boxshot_Temp_2D.jpg

I think I will get it on Vita.

Also. Pissing annoying, the U.S. get this special figure as a pre-order bonus. I've been holding off on ordering yet, but I guess we are not getting it over here. :(

bonus_lego_batman_2_large.jpg

^Because the originals are more widely known and the new ones are trash compared to them...?

Wonder Woman definitely isn't trash. The latest Batman run is awesome. Superman is and has always been shit. So, yeah, not really true.

And the originals will stay better known until sort their lives out and push the (soft) re-boot. Like Supes' costume in Man of Steel next year.

Here's the Trailer BTW

Looks dissapointing to me. No humour in the Trailer, and I don't really see why they've literally just brought Superman/Lex into a Lego Batman game (ok there maybe a couple of other characters, but they're obviously not important enough to actually put in the trailer, inspite of having DC Super Heroes in the title).

Seems to me it should really have been a DC Lego game, but they're purely cashing in on the release of The Dark Knight Rises, but don't really have a Batman story to tell.

They should make a Superman Game based on the current Action Comics where Superman can't fly (until maybe right at the end). Then bung Metropolis into one of Braniac's bottles and you have an excuse to set limitations.

You'd have to manage both Clark's life as a reporter and as Superman. Would be awesome.

^Actually Daft, I was simply referring to the costumes. But since you brought up "how much better Batman run is now" I thought I'd point out the writer confirmed he had this story planned pre-flashpoint. It would have also included Cass and had more bat family in it. I've enjoyed it, but knowing it could have been better? SO. ANNOYING. If anything, the bat family as a whole is in a worser place story/character wise, even though sales are better, but that's merely because of number 1s/reboot factor and actually advertising the darn things.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

I seem to be in a minority that actually like Superman's new look. Can't really see how anyone can prefer WW old look, too and Batman looks the same as ever.

As for Night of Owls having more of the Bat family in it, no thank you. Obviously I don't know what would of happened with more of them but with it just being Bruce it feels more like a personal vendetta. And anyway, NoO is happening across all the bat books so can't see the issue personally.

But then the reboot gave me an ins to comics that I didn't have before so I only just started reading them continuously.

• 2 weeks later...

Day one. IGN says Gotham is an open world hub, :D

IGN preview

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/even-jaded-lego-fans-should-try-lego-batman-2

For years, we've had these LEGO games with episodic content. There's a hub world where you can mill about with unlocked characters, but the real action happens when you jump into a story segment. In LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes, the hub world is Gotham City -- an open world version of Gotham City.

Wayne Tower, Arkham City, GCPD -- these are all in Traveller's Gotham and available for you to cruise on over to. There are mini-games here, red bricks and random crimes to stop. Sure, the real game is polishing off the story quests, but you now have an open world to explore and live in as whichever hero you choose.

Edited by bryanee

• 2 weeks later...