NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Penguins Approaching. It's Just a Box!

I have no idea how likely any of these will be so I will be boring and group them into one big list.

Smash Bros Trailer

Zelda 3DS, possibly LTTP remake.

Cube games on the Wii U store.

Shoddy online system and no headset with the console.

Pikmin 3

Mario Paint revival or something very similar called Wii U paint.

New Wii Sports type game.

Zelda HD teaser

Monster Hunter Tri G coming in the fall with online play

Dragon Quest X not arriving on Wii but will be coming to the West on the Wii U early next year.

New console Mario game will be shown, hopefully Mario Universe. :D

Pokemon Wii U with scannable cards/figures.

Dates for Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario.

False promises of strong 3rd party support with unique and immersive gameplay.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

We've had that false 'strong 3rd party support' promise already. Nintendo probably under-armed them a quarter mill' each in Mushroom Kingdom & Hylian currency to hype their loyal crowds to build momentum.

NUMERO UNO

1. New range of Colours announced for the 3DS

2. Redesign of the Wii U, including a new name.

3. Metroid game continuing the storyline, and not being a prequel.

4. Introduction of a 3D Movie rental service on both new Nintendo Platforms.

5. Mario Strikers sequel.

NUMERO DOS

1. Online UNO game for 3DS

2. 3DS Remakes for Zelda 2 and Metroid 2

3. Star Wars Battlefront 3 announced as Wii U exclusive.

4. Ability to use 3DS as an extra WII U Controller.

NUMERO TRES

1. Microsoft or Sony announce their intentions to not delve into the next gen.

2. Wii U price is leaked

We've had that false 'strong 3rd party support' promise already.

Yup and i'm expecting it again.

We've had that false 'strong 3rd party support' promise already.

And it's already proving to be false promises.

It's HYPE time!

:laughing:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

2Spqe.jpg

• New Mach Rider game for Wii U: Dark visual style, showcases the graphical power of the system, features Design Mode and online play.
  • Wii U now able to upscale Wii games: All titles can be scaled upto 1080p, screen shots/video can also be captured at any time and saved to SD card.
  • Pikmin 3 stuff: Online co-op/battle mode, new captains announced and many new Pikmin types, combines photorealistic environments with claymation style characters, the new controller can be used to get 360° views of the environments.
  • New Wii Fit game: Includes the Vitality Sensor, utilises Nintendo Network for online multiplayer workout sessions/comparing stats and uploading health data to "Nintendo certified hospitals". :heh:
  • WarioWare Uproar: Includes game creation tools like D.I.Y but much more complex (brings in elements from the Mario Artist series), also uses the Wii U camera for WarioWare Snapped style gameplay, online leaderboards/multiplayer modes.

• Wii Music+/2 for Wii U: Song creator, hundreds of Nintendo tracks included plus DLC, Music video editor and an online hub to upload/view Music videos (also accessible via 3DS/PC, for playback only).
  • Konami finaly sort it out: Make a new Mystical Ninja game for Wii U, plus a new Pop'n TwinBee for 3DS.
  • 3DS Pro announced: 2nd circle pad/extra L&R buttons built-in, matte finish on screens for better visibility in sunlight, cameras upgraded to 10 megapixels, improved battery life and additional 64GB memory for DD storage.
  • Import digital downloads: Games that were previously unreleased or unlocalised in certain regions to be made available via DD on Wii U/3DS, first titles include:
    Star Fox 2 (3DS)
    GiFTPiA (Wii U)
    Rhythm Tengoku (3DS)
    Irozuki Tincle no Koi no Balloon Trip (3DS)
    Excitebots: Trick Racing (Wii U)
    Captain Rainbow (Wii U)

• Reggie punches Geoff Keighley in the face and is charged with assault... when the police realise that Geoff is the victim, the charges are dropped.
  • Michael Pachter makes lots of predictions about Nintendo... All of them end up being completely wrong.

MY BODY IS READY!

: peace:

Annnnnnnnd saved!
Hehehe, glad you like it. :)

Just one of my late night, San Miguel-induced Photoshops. :D

..yeh.. saved as The Nintendables, right @Hero\-of\-Time? :heh:

This is one of my favourite times of the year.. so awesome :bouncy: I guess I should contribute some predictions of my own later..

This is one of my favourite times of the year.. so awesome :bouncy: I guess I should contribute some predictions of my own later..

Agreed, mate. I'm just hoping that Nintendo can keep a lid on the leaks. As much as I can't wait to see the goods, I want my mind blown at the conference.

I have no idea how likely any of these will be so I will be boring and group them into one big list.

Smash Bros Trailer

Zelda 3DS, possibly LTTP remake.

Cube games on the Wii U store.

Shoddy online system and no headset with the console.

Pikmin 3

Mario Paint revival or something very similar called Wii U paint.

New Wii Sports type game.

Zelda HD teaser

Monster Hunter Tri G coming in the fall with online play

Dragon Quest X not arriving on Wii but will be coming to the West on the Wii U early next year.

New console Mario game will be shown, hopefully Mario Universe. :D

Pokemon Wii U with scannable cards/figures.

Dates for Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario.

False promises of strong 3rd party support with unique and immersive gameplay.

Someone being realistic I see!

On a completely different note: What do people think the chances are that Steam comes to Wii U or at least Gab states an intention to?

And it's already proving to be false promises.

I know that's my point lol, but I Hero-of-Time is right that they'll re-hype us with false promises. :laughing: / :shakehead

EDIT - Miyamoto-sama looks ready to pawn the war in that poster >__<

Edited by Beverage

All awesome jokes aside, Nintendo really need to pull everything out of the bag this year.

For too long have they played distant love child to third parties. Developers have been shocking this generation proving they will practically bankrupt themselves in order to be in HD. So what I'd love to see is:

I'd like to see the second party/affiliated devs 'act' like third parties and independently announce their titles as part of E3 or Nintendo's conference. Keep surprising us! Big them up as a studio like Retro is better than a LOT of third party devs. Wheel out the characters and keep the reveals coming!

NST should announce some racers for the system. 1080 and Waverace would be good starts! (Although another Ridge Racer would be sweet).

Get Retro Studios back onto the dark, gritty games and let them go wild showing what they can do with HD.

Get Monster games on a sequel to Excitetruck and embrace it for how immense it was.

Intelligent Systems create an online MMORPG in the Fire Emblem series. Westernise it slightly so it promotes love/loss/drama.

Monolith Software - announce a new RPG.

Let Next Level Games finish up Luigi's Mansion 2 and announce a WiiU version where you 'ghost hunt' by moving the wiiU controller around your room. Or get a new Strikers game out there which takes a leaf from Smash Bros. with a larger roster.

Camelot- having finished Mario Tennis Open, announce a new Shining Force similar in vein to Skyrim.

Oh, and how about day one 'classics' from ALL Nintendo systems, available on the E-Store? (Including the GCN).

I'm talking VC on steroids - Let me even download Wii games onto my WiiU if I want as well.

Finally - keep a menu system similar to Wii but allow for more customisation ala 3DS. So if I want a PS3 alike GUI, I can tweak the system.

That would be a good start.

Third party support would be great but we will see what happens there (not too confident).

NFC interests me but seems somewhat gimmicky. Show us how awesome it can be for adult gamers as well. IE: put a Nintendo 'card' on the screen and the payment is made.

Finally - announce the multimedia capabilities of the tablet surprising everyone with APPS!

Edited by tapedeck

Being boring and lazy, a simple list of what I would like to see for WII U (within reason):

*following from the falcon demonstration, a good flight/fighter jet sim where the U pad is used for great creativity. The pad makes the experience exhilarating.

*A Pokemon battle game to coincide with the pokemon of Black and White and B&W 2 - just like how the old Wii E3 trailer showed Pokemn Battle Revolution.

*Pikmin 3 gains an addictive online multiplayer.

Dream scenario:

* The Mario game is infact an HD Paper Mario adventure.

* GTA 5 appears on Wii U

* Remnants of the old 'capcom five' return: Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7 and Product Number 03.

* Command and Conquer Generals 2 for Wii U (or a great RTS taking advantage of the pad)

...meh. Can't say im expecting much from Nintendo to be honest. Year after year of faith... :/

1.Predicting the MEGATONS of NINTENDO's E3 2012 conference

1. Nintendo to bring back a long-forgotten franchise. F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Starfox, Excitebike or something else.
  2. New Wii U Zelda or Mario to be announced, with gameplay trailer.
  3. "Largest launch lineup in history"
  4. Nintendo using in-house resourses to develop "core" game, such as FPS, racing game etc.
  5. Reveal of a brand new super-exciting game by Miyamoto.

2.Outrageous claims

1. Retro Studios to completely remake Mass Effect trilogy with more content (10+ hours per installment), better graphics, more dialogues. Plus Samus Aran as a bonus squad mate in the Limited Spectre Edition of the game. It's also possible to export your Shepard in to the next Smash Bros.
  2. Nintendo have bought the Perfect Dark IP from Microsoft (they did the same with distribution rights for ME). New iteration for Wii U launch.
  3. Nintendo announce "Nintendo GT" for Wii U and 3DS. Both games have interchangable save files.
  4. Sega announce Shenmue III exclusively for Wii U.

3.Predicting the aftermath

1. Backlash due to lack of interresting games (same procedure as every year since ca 2006)
  2. Share owners want Nintendo to start making apps.

[*]Retro Studios to completely remake Mass Effect trilogy with more content (10+ hours per installment), better graphics, more dialogues. Plus Samus Aran as a bonus squad mate in the Limited Spectre Edition of the game. It's also possible to export your Shepard in to the next Smash Bros.

Whilst the exact details here are NEVER going to happen, I would love for ME to come to Wii U. I can't think of a another popular AAA game that suffers so badly from barrier to entry because of the control scheme.

Touch screen would solve so much of that.

I would absolutely love an enhanced, expensive special edition Mass Effect Trilogy box set on Wii U.

I would absolutely love an enhanced, expensive special edition Mass Effect Trilogy box set on Wii U.

With NFC Fem Shep model?

...meh. Can't say im expecting much from Nintendo to be honest. Year after year of faith... :/

Now, now!! You know darn well that's one of the tasteful experiences of E3, the disappointment - which makes the unexpected surprises (when they finally fucking cum) almost stop our heart beats. e.g. "ARRGGGGH NEXT YEAR!, ... NeXT yyEeeaarrrR!!! :gambling face:

So rocket your expectations sky-high and brace yourself for that awesome disappointment that all of our subconscious' love. :love:

Edited by Beverage

What's NFC?

Near Field Communication, used in phones and in Skylanders. It allows things with an NFC chip (card, figures, etc) to be palced near the controller, and the controller can detect what it is.

Near Field Communication, used in phones and in Skylanders. It allows things with an NFC chip (card, figures, etc) to be palced near the controller, and the controller can detect what it is.

What he said :heh:

It's been hypothesised that Nintendo will use this as a way of paying, to avoid them having to store any card details, given what happened to Sony recently (oh and Steam).

I'm interested to see what they can do with it. Whether a game can be developed around it. I would LOVE a game where you had to figure out your own spells by combining runes that you actually had to place on the system.

I like the idea of having to figure out what combinations would work and using them to problem solve in your own environment.

You're all allowed to make 5 predictions which will happen on stage with Iwata and co.

1. F-Zero WiiU... it's a must.

2. A Wind Waker remake for 3DS or a Wind Waker sequel for 3DS or a BRAND-NEW Cel-Shaded Zelda adventure for the 3DS.

3. Metroid Prime 4.

4. A new Nintendo Character is born.

5. The name for the next Smash Bros. and perhaps a teaser trailer that doesn't show any characters.

2.Outrageous claims

This is where you can make the most out of your fantasy, because you can make 4 'unlikely-to-happen' kind of claims which might happen during the whole of E3..

1. Downloadable GCN games via WiiU VC in HD. (thanks for the reminder @V\. Amoleo)

2. A new Wave race +/or 1080 for the WiiU.

3. Mario & Luigi 4 in the 3rd dimension. (3DS)

4. Super Mario Galaxy 3 for WiiU +/or Super Mario Sunshine 2 3DS. (Sunshine was made for 3D.)

You're also allowed to make 2 predictions regarding all that follows the conference, which would be predictions regarding interesting teases from developers, roundtables, Reggie laying down the law on Geoff once again, ...etc....

1. Resident Evil 6 on WiiU

2. I win a golden ticket to go to E3 2013.

Edited by -Dem0-

You're all allowed to make 5 predictions which will happen on stage with Iwata and co.

One cannot predict games of which we already know, but one may predict, for example, things we'll see in such games such as new gameplay mechanics, new characters etc, of which we haven't the foggiest.

• A new Metroid game. I'm still undecided on if I think it's going to be a Metroid Prime on the Wii U or the oft-denied Metroid Dread on the 3DS. I think it's about time we get a sequel to Fusion!
  • Wii U name change. <- With how Nintendo realised that the 3DS is a confusing name when it comes to mass marketing the product as something different to the DS, I think they'll change it. Of course we'll all believe it's because they realised it just isn't a very good name. :grin:
  • A Wii U Mario launch game. I think it'll be a brand new game (think Super Mario Sunshine to Super Mario Galaxy rather than Galaxy to Galaxy 2). <-They keep talking about how the 3DS only really took off when the two Mario games landed, so I think they'll leave the gates with one this time.
  • The Nintendo Network will be fully unveiled explaining how we can have a single account for use on the Wii U and the 3DS. It will also be mentioned that we can transfer Wii purchases to the Wii U. <-Not sure if this one counts because it seems to be considered a certainty.
  • The GBA & DS back catalogue will be trickle-released on the 3DS Virtual Console and the Gamecube & Wii on the Wii U Virtual Console. <- I'm almost certain we'll get one of these. As they're going to be digitally distributing Wii U games it can't really be countered with "but Wii games will have huge file sizes!". Also, with the Wii U having Wii hardware for Wii emulation it should still contain the MIOS for GCN.

2.Outrageous claims

This is where you can make the most out of your fantasy, because you can make 4 'unlikely-to-happen' kind of claims which might happen during the whole of E3..

• DS games will also be available on the Wii U Virtual Console with the controller screen acting as the lower screen and the TV acting as the upper screen. <- Unlikely as Nintendo probably see this as a selling point on the 3DS.
  • All Wii U games will be playable in 3D on 3DTVs. This won't be a selling point but will just be there and work much like the nVidia 3D Vision on PC. <- Unlikely because it might detract from the 3DS. I think it has to happen though because it'll probably be like this on the other next gen consoles.
  • A 3DS redesign will be announced. It won't be called the 3DS Lite to avoid confusion with the DS Lite. It will have a second analogue stick, slightly better screens and a clamshell design which doesn't leave an imprint on the top screen. <- Unlikely because Nintendo won't want to steal the Wii U's thunder.
  • Wii games will be rendered at 1080p instead of just using hardware emulation. <- Nintendo have already said this won't be the case and it would take quite a technical feat to achieve without issues. I've included it though as they know it's a wanted feature.

You're also allowed to make 2 predictions regarding all that follows the conference, which would be predictions regarding interesting teases from developers, roundtables, Reggie laying down the law on Geoff once again, ...etc....

• Super Smash Bros 4 will be shown behind closed doors to the gaming press. <- I seem to remember it happening with Brawl.
  • Mass Effect 3 will be announced as a third party title available on the Wii U at launch. It'll be a port which makes very little use of any of the Wii U specific features. <- I'm hoping for a ME3 which uses all of the Wii U features to the max but I can't see that happening!

Edited by V. Amoleo