NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Penguins Approaching. It's Just a Box!

I don't do GFX for the site/forum anymore, however, I threw this together for your request:

http://www.n-europe.com/RedShell/CountdownHeader....swf

It should fit well with the standard N-Europe style, perhaps a clone of that could be made to use for a temporary "E3 forum style" option in the Quick Style Chooser? ::shrug:

But yeah, it's up to the peeps that are running the show (@Mokong X\-C, @Cube, etc..) to decide whether to use it or not.

: peace:

Please please please listen to this man! That is glorious! :D

And yes, GAF is my go to place for agregate news and gifs. Used to post there (as you might recognise from my PSN ID ;) ) don't like it anymore though. Aside from sales age, it's GFaqs in disguise these days :(

VVVVVV (This place is much better :) )

Edited by Dcubed

Just imagine NINTENDO opening their press-conference with this á la Zelda's 25th Anniversary opening of last year.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

First time in recent memory I have 0 hype/expectation for this year's press conference. More of the same Smash Bros/Mario/Kart/Zelda isn't really what I'm looking for and is one of the reasons why I didn't go for a 3DS. Hopefully Nintendo gives me a pleasant surprise with some new IPs maybe resurrect really old franchaises, as well as a modern stance on online gaming and storage and I'd potentially be interested. But right now I'm not thinking of getting a Wii U. That said, 0 expectation does mean 0 disappointment after the press conference. Either way, roll on June 5th.

First time in recent memory I have 0 hype/expectation for this year's press conference. More of the same Smash Bros/Mario/Kart/Zelda isn't really what I'm looking for and is one of the reasons why I didn't go for a 3DS. Hopefully Nintendo gives me a pleasant surprise with some new IPs maybe resurrect really old franchaises, as well as a modern stance on online gaming and storage and I'd potentially be interested. But right now I'm not thinking of getting a Wii U. That said, 0 expectation does mean 0 disappointment after the press conference. Either way, roll on June 5th.

That has been my sentiment the last few years. This year I'm optimistically looking forward to it.

If on-line + grafix/powah + creativity/imagination is hammered then I could very much live off of the Wiiu versions of Mario Kart and Smash Bros alone! Not to mention all the other ones such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Pokemon!!!!!!! (if done correctly), new I.Pz and third party shit.

If the above 3 things are hammered then please consider me nailed. :love:The only thing that could possibly go dreadfully wrong is controller issues

EDIT - Also add FUCKING ZERO to that above list (and any other awesome chocolate)

Edited by Beverage

EDIT - Also add FUCKING ZERO to that above list (and any other awesome chocolate)

They should definitely be calling it that!

Aliens: Colonial Marines delayed to February on 360, PS3, PC.

However, here is what it says about the Wii U version

I'm calling it now: This is still a Wii U launch title and will be a 3-month timed exclusive.

Hmm, that would be an interesting turn of events. SEGA also seem like the kind of publisher that would do something like that.

Plus there have been a ton of games that have been delayed from late 2012 to early 2013 recently; Bioshock Infinite, Aliens CM, South Park: The Game, Tomb Raider and seemingly Metal Gear Rising (going by a recently changed Amazon listing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-PS3/dp/B006T960GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337591898&sr=8-1 )

Now there's only 6 big PS360 games left to come out in Q3-4 2012 (Asscreed 3, BLOPS 2, RE6, DOA5, DMC and Tekken Tag Tournament 2). I suppose that GTA 5 is still a possible 2012 release, but I'm not expecting that to hit the Wii U anyway.

It's all quite suspicious...

Edited by Dcubed

Plus they've been banging on about how the Wii U version is better.

Sooooo.... that Castlevania Mirror of Faith leak is interesting indeed. Actual proper support from a decent western developer (Mercury Steam) that is not called Wayforward, Renegade Kid, Shinen or 5th Cell!? HOLY SHIT!

Maybe Iwata wasn't bluffing after all? If so, who else could we be realistically looking at supporting the 3DS this E3?

Edit: e3.nintendo.com is live now and there's quite a little revelation on there!

Katsuya Eguchi (head of EAD 2 and director of titles such as Animal Crossing & Starfox 64) is the Wii U hardware producer this time and not Hideki Konno! (the 3DS hardware producer, the head of EAD1 and director of the Mario Kart series)

What is going on? Are they leading separate console and handheld hardware teams now?

Edited by Dcubed

Plus there have been a ton of games that have been delayed from late 2012 to early 2013 recently; Bioshock Infinite, Aliens CM, South Park: The Game, Tomb Raider and seemingly Metal Gear Rising (going by a recently changed Amazon listing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-PS3/dp/B006T960GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337591898&sr=8-1 )

I think this will be one of Nintendo's big reveals at E3: Timed Exclusives.

Best case scenario: Reggie introduces a trailer of upcoming 3rd party titles then announces at the end they are all exclusive to the Wii U for 3 months.

I doubt Nintendo have got GTA V as a timed exclusive, but if they could, what a message that would send out.

Wasn't there a rumour or a piece of news that was suggesting that Nintendo had split internally so one side can be console dedicated and the other handheld?

That or Nintendo is arranging Konno a surprise road trip to meet Gunpei Yokoi on the Hokuriku Expressway.

Ohohohohoho!

There's a second event the day after it seems!

Software Showcase

Wednesday, June 6 @ 6 p.m. PDT

Must be a lot to show if it needs its own event! :bouncy:

Hmm, that would be an interesting turn of events. SEGA also seem like the kind of publisher that would do something like that.

Now there's only 6 big PS360 games left to come out in Q3-4 2012 (Asscreed 3, BLOPS 2, RE6, DOA5, DMC and Tekken Tag Tournament 2). I suppose that GTA 5 is still a possible 2012 release, but I'm not expecting that to hit the Wii U anyway.

It's all quite suspicious...

HOLY IRON FIST!! I never knew about this!!!!! I used to kick literal ass-cheek on the first Tekken Tag. FUCK! Bring this shimmyshimmyshiznit to Wiiu please. Thanks in advance : peace:

Bam! There goes DMC, off to 2013... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474975

Make that 5 big 3rd party PS360 games left for 2012 now...

Yup, I was on about this in another thread the other day. Q1 of the year is starting to become the new Christmas peroid. The thing is so many developers are doing this for some breathing space that by the end of it it's not gonna make difference due to the amount of titles coming out around that time.

Are one-on-one fighting games even that "big"?

Tekken 6 shipped around 3.6 million copies and SF4 sold over 3 million. I'd qualify that as "big"

BTW, though I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but the entire 8 year business plan for Bungie's new MMOFPS has been leaked (thanks to the courts in the Activision Vs Zampella case)

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Long story short: 4 games in the series with 4 expansion packs, all the way up until 2018. The first game is coming to Xbox 360 and 720 in 2013 as a 1 year timed exclusive, following which will see PS3 and PS4 versions. Bungie retain IP ownership and the series is not coming to Wii U in any shape or form :(

So 720 is coming out next year and 3rd party devs are already ignoring the Wii U...

Are one-on-one fighting games even that "big"?

You again with your questions.

Well the fun that they provide is big. Not really bothered how much money is made from the game, if I like it - I buy it. Contradictingly, I am bothered how much copies are sold, for this would determine how many challengers are awaiting fun loving times online.

And one more thing; 't is not exactly "one-on-one" since it's a 'tag' street scuff. So I'm hoping that now because online is so awesome, TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 will adopt the feature from NARUTO: The Broken Bond and have two random (or friendly) players teaming up tagging against another two random/friendly players.

I'd love if it'd be possible for upto two players per console if two unanimously decide to play together. Maybe even being open-minded with the 'tag' and perhaps make it at least 3-on-3 (6 human players playing together). Dear God please make the new Smash Bros have a Tag Mode as well as the traditional Team Mode. Nothing more engaging then hearing the teamwork from teams yelling "LET ME IN, LET ME IN! PULL OUT, PULL OUT, YOU LUNATIC - LOOK AT YOUR HEALTH!!!" :bouncy:

I knew that they were extremely popular around fans of the genre (hence why they have released SFIV about four times now) - I just didn't realise how big that market was.

Tekken 6 shipped around 3.6 million copies and SF4 sold over 3 million. I'd qualify that as "big"

BTW, though I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but the entire 8 year business plan for Bungie's new MMOFPS has been leaked (thanks to the courts in the Activision Vs Zampella case)

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Long story short: 4 games in the series with 4 expansion packs, all the way up until 2018. The first game is coming to Xbox 360 and 720 in 2013 as a 1 year timed exclusive, following which will see PS3 and PS4 versions. Bungie retain IP ownership and the series is not coming to Wii U in any shape or form :(

So 720 is coming out next year and 3rd party devs are already ignoring the Wii U...

What the hell, they plan game releases and expansions in advance, just because they're bungie? So they think it'll be a sure-fire hit then?

Hmmmm, ....a shame, but I guess Wii can do without U!

Ohohohohoho!

There's a second event the day after it seems!

Must be a lot to show if it needs its own event! :bouncy:

Isn't this just for us lot at home?

I figure they'll be showing off the games in more detail like they did with the WiiU tech demos and such.

What the hell, they plan game releases and expansions in advance, just because they're bungie? So they think it'll be a sure-fire hit then?

Hmmmm, ....a shame, but I guess Wii can do without U!

No, they plan releases and expansions in advance because Activision tell them to. Probably written into the contract they have Activision such that they'll shove out the games yearly and use the 'expansions' as map packs to keep people playing until the next game the year after.

Just wanted to share this because I picture most of you guys on here in this state during the conference:

Xh2NK.jpg

haha E3 directed all of his energy to his penis which gave gave his penis more than enough offensive power to penetrate the defensive block of his pants :laughing: