N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-depth developer interview on multiplayer...

Part 1:

Part 2:

A bit of info on how unlocks will work, given that in one prestige you simply cannot unlock everything available to you...

Edited by Kav

BO2 was mentioned on the EU one, just said it was coming but nothing shown...said it would be shown in another video later today...maybe he meant the US conference was "the other video" as I can't find anything on when this 2nd EU video is gonna air

Also the EU conference in on the 3DS eShop now

It's great to see all of the 3 control schemes can be used to play this game, anyone interested in BLOPS II for the WiiU can't really complain when it comes to controls.

What I also really like is the use of the Upad when it comes to co-op play, I've been playing co-op every now and then from World at War to MW3 on both the 360 & Wii, and I have to say, each player having a screen of their own is very nice indeed.

I was thinking the same. Has the franchise even reached 720p on the 360/PS3?

no, think it's upscaled from 520 something. Even if it was 720p on the WiiU it would be something to brag about though like you say. Maybe that's what they mean by full HD?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/-8WKvrMc9w9N0vLY-C357KbbF-KdScA5

Game Overview

The most anticipated game of the year and the most ambitious Call of Duty® game ever, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II is coming to Wii U. Launching this November 18th, Call of Duty: Black Ops II delivers the most groundbreaking and viscerally immersive Call of duty® experience yet. Rooted in near-future fiction, the title propels players into a visual landscape in an epic single player campaign highlighted by branching storylines and non-linear missions; a re-imagined multiplayer that introduces players to some of the most cutting-edge weaponry and equipment that 2025 will have to offer; and punctuated with an all-new Zombies experience running in the multiplayer engine.

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II ON WII U

HD Experience: The title features the most advanced textures, lighting and shadowing systems in series history, all of which are on full display on Wii U.

Second-Screen Gameplay: Utilizing Wii U’s second-screen experience with the Wii U GamePads™, Call of Duty: Black Ops II players can join the action in a full Call of Duty experience from the second-screen. Plus, with the state of the art Wii Touchscreen, gamers can view multiplayer maps, call in score streaks and choose loadouts.

Expanded Functionality: Players have the option of using Wii U’s split-screen functionality to use both the GamePad™ and the Wii U Pro controller. Wii U also supports up to four controllers, including the Nintendo Wii Remote™ and Nunchuck.

Controller Choices: Use the GamePad touch screen to customize controls in real-time, or switch at any time to use another controller of your choice, including:

o Wii Remote o Classic Controller Pro o Game Pad o WiiU Pro Controller

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II MULTIPLAYER

All-New Create-A-Class: Create-a-class has been re-imagined, introducing players to a new “pick-10” allocation system, allowing an unprecedented number of combinations of create-a-class content. Players no longer have to take content from each category; instead, trade items from one category for extra items in another – any combination of 10 items makes almost anything possible.

New Score Streaks: Score Streaks reward players for helping their team win the game: capturing flags, defending your teammate with an assault shield, getting kills and assists are all examples of actions that help your team win and thus give you score. Each action has a different value and can influence the theater of operations.

eSports on Wii U via League Play: Competition is fun at any level, which is why Treyarch has introduced League Play, offering skill-based matchmaking and seasonal ladders. Play a small number of matches to get your skill rating, and from there, you’ll be placed into a division with players of similar skill. Keep winning and you’ll move up in rank – steady progress will move you up the ladder and into upper divisions. Skill-based matchmaking ensures that you are challenged but not out-gunned. League play is for everyone. Additionally, CODcasting is part of the mix, allowing fans to commentate their favorite games.

Upgraded Weapons, Attachments and Equipment: Near-future warfare means upgrades in technology that soldiers will use in the field. Additionally, weapon perks are now built into the attachments.

More Multiplayer: Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Wii U includes Challenges, Core & Party Game Modes, Custom Games, Combat Training, Theater Enhancements, Emblem Editor and Prestiging.

Edited by madeinbeats
Automerged Doublepost

Is this game due to be launch date or launch window? Couldnt see it listed on the games shot at the end of the presentation.

I think it'll be launch day goodness. That list shown at the end was rather incomplete. What's more, the game releases on other consoles 7 days earlier in the states and 19 days in Europe.

Launching a console with the superior version of the next COD is too good an opportuinity to miss. I'm betting it's there on launch!

Really looking forward to this. Day one. Wonder if the headset situation will be sorted for day one though. Havent really got into the cods, modern warfare 2 ps3 I played a lot, also waw and black ops on the wii, but not really really loads, hope this will be my first real splurge.