N-Europe

DIY Mafia: Reality vs Fiction

The Peeps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hereeee. As you've worked out, I am the tangle-y person. Tangled headphones.

Headphone.jpg

You know everything about me so far, I roleblock, and I went for Cube last night, and stopped him from killing Rummy. Who I remind you, has been investigated as good. True, we do not yet know the accuracy of Jimbob's investigation, but I don't agree with someone trying to kill someone who has one of the strongest claims to be good so far.

Feel free to investigate me if you wish Jimbob. Has anyone else learnt anything at all from the last night, or is all we're going to get today this thing between me and Cube?

I am hereeee. As you've worked out, I am the tangle-y person. Tangled headphones.

You know everything about me so far, I roleblock, and I went for Cube last night, and stopped him from killing Rummy. Who I remind you, has been investigated as good. True, we do not yet know the accuracy of Jimbob's investigation, but I don't agree with someone trying to kill someone who has one of the strongest claims to be good so far.

Feel free to investigate me if you wish Jimbob. Has anyone else learnt anything at all from the last night, or is all we're going to get today this thing between me and Cube?

But you didn't know that was going to happen. Nobody did. And you using that as your explanation makes me very suspicious.

Right, now I've read this in bits over the last few days. Why haven't we lynched Cube if we think he was trying to kill Rummy? Surely that seems like a reason for a lynch, or have I missed something?

Because his power is random - he didn't know he was going to kill. A more convincing reason is that he is described as a vigilante in the write-up, i.e. a good killer.

Sorry about the delay chaps, duty called. I was unable to track down my last target, so i have no idea if they are good or evil at all. Still, these things happen from time to time.

@mr\-paul, so long as you are not lynched i'll investigate and see whats what.

But you didn't know that was going to happen. Nobody did. And you using that as your explanation makes me very suspicious.

Because his power is random - he didn't know he was going to kill. A more convincing reason is that he is described as a vigilante in the write-up, i.e. a good killer.

I was just saying that at this stage - where only one person has been killed, it isn't a stage to go harming someone who is likely to be town. As I said, there was a touch of randomness in my targeting, but I have to admit I found his "random power" slightly suspicious.

Also, we're taking Cube's word that he doesn't know what he is going to do each night. I suspect he fully well knew what he was doing.

As I said before, I did have a good idea it was potentially bad (I was The Punisher). Hence why I went for Rummy - he was the most suspicious and even if I was wrong, we would know more about jimbob's power. It seemed like a better idea than going for someone completely random.

I wrote a post and fell asleep, lost it to the token.

I'm quite confused, Cube trying to kill me isn't good, and trying to kill confirmed townies is quite a classic mafia tactic. Having said that, he did help reveal enough to clear people yesterday, but then I also felt a certain group of people were making me out to be bad yesterday, and as far as I can see they're also pushing a lynch on mr-paul for what? Being a roleblocker who stopped a kill, and came out as a roleblocker fairly early on.

I'm never a fan of killers, but Cube says it's a cycling power, but then I wonder if it'll come up again in an attempt by Peeps to balance the lack of kills so far. However, I do agree with Marcamillian on the point that not having had any kills so far doesn't mean we necessarily need to lynch, but then I don't like to not vote either! For now I'll abstain.

I'm certain I will be. Also, Rummy, the write-up described my character as a vigilante, which is a townie killer.

Except since you've revealed that your character was the Punisher, who can be described as a vigilante, we can't trust that as indicator of alignment anymore.

I don't know what to think of Cube. Would the mafia have a random power? Even one that sometimes ends up being a kill power? It just seems unlikely to me.

I'm more inclined to believe he's either neutral or town.

mr-paul is hard to read. I understand his suspicion of Cube's power, but trying to spin his explanation in a more positive light just makes me a bit suspicious.

Basically, I don't know. :hmm: Since we've only had one death I think we can hold off lynching anyone for now.

Not really - in the past there have been vigilantes that have been neutral, and that have had to kill a certain number of people to win. In fact personally if someone said they were a vigilante in a mafia game, I'd be more likely to instantly think they were neutral.

I don't want to start the debate from Gents II again, but in standard mafia terms a vigilante is a townie killer, i.e. good, while a serial killer is neutral and has his own objective, like killing X amount of people.

Like mentioned, though, I think the use of "vigilante" here was a description of his character, not a reference to his alignment.

I can understand where mr-paul is coming from (hence why I haven't voted for him myself), but I do think Rummy was the must suspicious person at the time.

I can guarantee you that I am town. I was Batman on night 1, and Emma Frost on night 2. I was expecting to be a protector so I targeted DuD - turns out I was a tracker (and was redirected).

Ok. Throwing it in there... Vote: No Lynch.

On the mafia killing front...

Night 1 as far as I can see... not mention of attempted mafia kill

Night 2 - DuD .. tiny scratches - bled over some time?

Night 3 - blocked attack on Dohnut

(also... child army is a role blocker)

The tiny scratches sound like the tiny pins that attacked me on night 1.

As for Cube saying he was 'just some comic book fan'... That doesn't make sense. Why would a comic book fan have the power to literally become a number of superheroes? Everything about his story is making me suspicious. It just doesn't add up.

(also... child army is a role blocker)

Or a protector, possibly.

As for Cube saying he was 'just some comic book fan'... That doesn't make sense. Why would a comic book fan have the power to literally become a number of superheroes? Everything about his story is making me suspicious. It just doesn't add up.

I agree about the comic book fan part - Cube, exactly what role did you wish for?