N-Europe

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Retro_Link

Saw the trailer yesterday and don't really have much to say other than I'm still not digging the (sub)title.

I did enjoy the previous one, contrary to pretty much everyone else on the internet. Yes, the online sucked majorly which is strange considering they brought in DICE to make that portion of the game. That's being handled at Danger Close this time around so hopefully they can sort it out and make it at least more competent than the last one.

But the single player, despite it's invisible walls and linearity, was actually pretty damn good. Several really poignant moments (the assault on your squad while your pinned down in a house and quickly running out of ammo was one of the best moments in a modern FPS I feel) so hopefully they can keep that portion up to snuff.

We'll see. Think I'll wait for a price drop this time around but it does come out a couple of days after Bioshock Infinite so it's already at a disadvantage as far as I'm concerned because that'll undoubtedly be the better game of the two.

• 1 month later...

It does look impressive, but I've been largely checked out of warfare FPSs since MW2. Can't blame 'em to keep trying for that piece of the pie though. People complain they're flogging a dead horse but it's a horse that just won't stop bleeding money.

• 8 months later...

I completed the campaign today. I'm not sure where all the hate for this and the previous MOH game comes from really. When it's being reviewed do they just review the multiplayer and not the single player campaign.

Warfighter campaign was really good, found it very tense, and it's a lot more realistic (well I've never been in the army so cant tell how realistic) than the COD titles.

It's like the odds are definatly against you and you do rely on your squad alot.

The variations of missions are good too, enjoyed the driving missions and chase missions alot,

Dont get the hate really.