NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

So, have you been wondering what game to get?

Junichi Masuda recently tweeted saying that he recommends that if you bought Black previously, you should get Black 2 or if you had White, you should get White 2.

I was wondering actually, although I was thinking of going opposite colours! Will have to see what each game offers ;)

I'm defying Masuda and getting Black 2.

Black Kyurem >>>>>> White Kyurem

I'll be getting both but one will be a Japanese copy. Masuda is a master of reverse psychology.

Just watched the trailer for the first time, and wow. This looks really really good.

I've yet to transfer any of my Pokemon from Heart Gold / Soul Silver to Black / White so seeing a few of the older ones like Eevee and Arcanine in B&W looked good.

I really should send some of my old team to B&W. Yet to see how good Pidgeot looks in B&W .... ( I <3 Pidgeot :) )

The first view of the Global Link for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 has been revealed. This view showcases that the Dream World makes a return within these games as well as a rebrand of the Battle Union. It announces that new Pokémon and areas will be in the Dream World, with a reduction on the time cut-off from 24 hours to 20 hours. One of the new areas is called the Cool Hole. It also showcases a whole new promotion saying there is a special feature if you have a Black or White game and a Black 2 or White 2 game registered. This promotion is currently unknown. It also shows that the C-Gear makes a new look return in Black 2 & White 2, with promotions starting as it opens, one of which being related to a Black 2 & White 2 tournament.

Finally, it announced that the Global Trade Station feature of the Global Link, long hinted at last year, finally will appear in this version. You'll be able to check your own history on the GTS and check various statistics. A Report feature is used for the GTS and GBU records

The Global Link will go down on June 5th and will be re-opened with this look on June 21st

pglb2w2.jpg

The first view of the Global Link for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 has been revealed. This view showcases that the Dream World makes a return within these games as well as a rebrand of the Battle Union. It announces that new Pokémon and areas will be in the Dream World, with a reduction on the time cut-off from 24 hours to 20 hours. One of the new areas is called the Cool Hole. It also showcases a whole new promotion saying there is a special feature if you have a Black or White game and a Black 2 or White 2 game registered. This promotion is currently unknown. It also shows that the C-Gear makes a new look return in Black 2 & White 2, with promotions starting as it opens, one of which being related to a Black 2 & White 2 tournament.

Finally, it announced that the Global Trade Station feature of the Global Link, long hinted at last year, finally will appear in this version. You'll be able to check your own history on the GTS and check various statistics. A Report feature is used for the GTS and GBU records

The Global Link will go down on June 5th and will be re-opened with this look on June 21st

pglb2w2.jpg

Is this just for Japan Global Link that's going down?

It also showcases a whole new promotion saying there is a special feature if you have a Black or White game and a Black 2 or White 2 game registered. This promotion is currently unknown.

Hmm. New promotion, would that be along the lines of event Pokemon promotion? Or do you think it'd be a new area of dream world to explore for a limited time.

Would like it to be an event Pokemon really.

So the black version of the game has the black legendary this time? I'll be getting that one then cause the white one sucks

They already looked hideous before...but DAMN, it appears as though they've become even more deformed.

All the news beyond the new formes seems faaaaar too good to be true. World Tournament? Past gym leaders and elite four members? You've gotta be fucking shitting me.

And it turns out to be legit (though the "all gym leaders & elite four" thing was just speculation...we don't actually know)

Pics & Details at you know where

Well slap my ass and call me a bitch, why do I have such a fetish for being proved wrong? D=

EDIT: Just looked near the top right and I think we have a high chance of seeing the majority, if not all, the gym leaders from previous generations.

"The Pokemon trainers who entered this time are listed here"

Erika, Janine, Surge, Misty, Black 2, Giovanni and Brock. Which would obviously be the player vs a random mix of Kanto gym leaders.

What I'm very interested in hearing though is what does this mean for the Battle Frontier? Is it just going to be limited to Battle Subway again? As much as as the World Tournament sounds fucking awesome as a nostalgia fag, I hope it hasn't been chosen over something that could add considerably more length to the game. Would be awesome if the two have been fused into the World Tournament though!

Edited by Debug Mode

What is everyone's opinion on the forms for Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus now we know what they look like properly

What is everyone's opinion on the forms for Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus now we know what they look like properly

Personally, I don't see why they're needed. Especially considering the fact they look pretty stupid.

I never had a problem with the original forms to be honest. I liked them, they looked different to most Pokémon. But I suppose having more animalistic forms makes sense in a sort of... God-like way maybe...

We missed some stuff about the World Tournament.

Seems it can run in Singles & in Doubles making it truly another Battle facility. In addition to that, it states you can receive more trainers via distribution methods. That's how you get some of the special trainers.

Just makes things a bit more confusing really. It's unknown if there are non-classic trainers within it. Will know for sure next month I guess.

Personally, I don't see why they're needed. Especially considering the fact they look pretty stupid.

To be honest, I think they just looked at Black/White Kyurem & the Trio and thought "Why the fuck not?"

Not as good as Rotom's forms :P

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

There is a special Meloetta Pokémon Musical download on the Global Link from July 14th

The characters in the World Tournament are downloadable via the Nintendo WiFi Connection

Keldeo unlocks something in B2W2

Meloetta unlocks something in B2W2 in addition to Relic Song

pokewoodbattle.png

More pics at you know where