NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

Genesect is kind of terrifying and I like it. It seems to hark back to the weird origin stories of gen 1 pokémon like Porygon and Mewtwo.

So, did a new set of cards come out recently or something? The Pokemon Center in the city I live in was absolutely fucking mental today.

So, did a new set of cards come out recently or something? The Pokemon Center in the city I live in was absolutely fucking mental today.

In Japan (by reference of Pokémon Centre), the new set Plasma Gale came out on Friday

In Japan (by reference of Pokémon Centre), the new set Plasma Gale came out on Friday

Yep, that rings a bell. It was absolute chaos in there and I think there was a give away going on as well in-game.

On a semi-related note, Pokemon Tretta looks mad cool. Me and the girl I'm teaching English too were heavily amused by some batshit insane kid smashing the buttons on the side.

Yep, that rings a bell. It was absolute chaos in there and I think there was a give away going on as well in-game.

On a semi-related note, Pokemon Tretta looks mad cool. Me and the girl I'm teaching English too were heavily amused by some batshit insane kid smashing the buttons on the side.

Yeah there was. The "Single Battle - Strongest Pokémon" event began yesterday. Gives Lv. 100 Dragonite, Scizor, Tyranitar, Metagross or Garchomp

http://www.serebii.net/events/2012.shtml#japan

I forgot how tedious the start of Pokémon games is!

Will try not to lose this game...

I forgot how tedious the start of Pokémon games is!

Will try not to lose this game...

This one gets going quicker than BW did so don't worry :)

Don't forget to use Memory Link on your Black/White game...it unlocks things :)

Did you not read the "will try not to lose this game" part? :heh:

Oh you foolish man :p

Well when you review it, don't forget to note how awesome Memory Link is

I ordered Black 2 in Japanese as my main version was White and I couldn't seem to find any confirmation whether or not memory link works through different region copies.

Should be getting it tonight, can't wait.

I ordered Black 2 in Japanese as my main version was White and I couldn't seem to find any confirmation whether or not memory link works through different region copies.

Should be getting it tonight, can't wait.

It does :)

It does :)

Well fuck, I only took White along with me to Japan!

Ah well, I'll be buying White 2 in English any way so no biggie.

Well fuck, I only took White along with me to Japan!

Ah well, I'll be buying White 2 in English any way so no biggie.

You don't need to do it from the same colour game too

You don't need to do it from the same colour game too

..Hot diggidy daaaaayumn! Now that's something I definitely like.

Cheers for the clarification!

I was uncertain about that too... I've gotta finish Pokemon White soon.

I think I read previously that the further you progress in Black/White the more you get from using Memory link?

I was uncertain about that too... I've gotta finish Pokemon White soon.

I think I read previously that the further you progress in Black/White the more you get from using Memory link?

Correctamundo. Some major parts of it don't activate unless you have beaten the Elite Four in Black & White

Even though I knew it wouldn't work, I stuck my copy in my 3DS any way.. Nintendo, what have you become D=

Good thing I have my DS lite handy, hooray! And now for the big trade off, learning all the vocabulary I couldn't understand D=

Didn't realise that sleep mode still counts as play time haha. I looked at it today and thought "Holy fuck, how have I only managed to get 1 badge in 8 hours?"

Studying vocabulary from video games grinds progress down to a snails pace, I swear!

Even though I knew it wouldn't work, I stuck my copy in my 3DS any way.. Nintendo, what have you become D=

Good thing I have my DS lite handy, hooray! And now for the big trade off, learning all the vocabulary I couldn't understand D=

Mind you though, there's a good chance that the US/EU version will be region free - if Pokemon B&W and Pokemon Conquest are anything to go by...

Mind you though, there's a good chance that the US/EU version will be region free - if Pokemon B&W and Pokemon Conquest are anything to go by...

Eh? My UK Conquest doesn't work on my Japanese 3DS

Eh? My UK Conquest doesn't work on my Japanese 3DS

My US Conquest DOES work on my UK 3DS though. It's something to do with JPN systems that is blocked, US-EU cross region seems to be fine though.

My US Conquest DOES work on my UK 3DS though. It's something to do with JPN systems that is blocked, US-EU cross region seems to be fine though.

Which is my problem cause I'm living in Japan D=

Dunno if this is even worth mentioning, but the boxarts for these games is better than pretty much every single Pokemon boxart ever. Absolutely fantastic colours at work there. I'll buy a copy just so I can own the box.

Oh I thought you had a UK 3DS...

I do, hence my predicament! I'll be buying White 2 in Europe when I return, but my Black 2 is Japanese.

God damn it, I don't want to buy a JP 3DS but Animal Crossing is due soon =(