NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

lololol, so many rumours going around right now. Just gonna post a couple that I'm seeing to tide us over until CoroCoro comes out so we can laugh at how wrong they are or be amazed if they're correct.

New pogeymans. Grass starter looks like a bird/cactus thingy. Fire starter is an elephant. Water starter is a platypus.

A bug and dark Pokemon that looks like a 50's greaser, giving an opposite to Scraggy's design.

New region and new gym leaders, one gym supposedly featuring three female waitresses compared to the Striaton trio.

Sounds far too elaborate to be true. There's a major focus on 'black' and 'white', as in everything has an opposite this generation. I'm still betting on a very similar game with a slight change in story personally, and possibly going the opposite direction on the diamond shaped part of the map (As in you go to the right this time round where White Forest and Black City are, rather than left with chargestone cave and such).

lololol, so many rumours going around right now. Just gonna post a couple that I'm seeing to tide us over until CoroCoro comes out so we can laugh at how wrong they are or be amazed if they're correct.

New pogeymans. Grass starter looks like a bird/cactus thingy. Fire starter is an elephant. Water starter is a platypus.

A bug and dark Pokemon that looks like a 50's greaser, giving an opposite to Scraggy's design.

New region and new gym leaders, one gym supposedly featuring three female waitresses compared to the Striaton trio.

Sounds far too elaborate to be true. There's a major focus on 'black' and 'white', as in everything has an opposite this generation. I'm still betting on a very similar game with a slight change in story personally, and possibly going the opposite direction on the diamond shaped part of the map (As in you go to the right this time round where White Forest and Black City are, rather than left with chargestone cave and such).

I hope it's got new Pokemon and a new region don't want to be in unlovable Agian

Where did these rumours originate? I know that's a pretty stupid question, but I mean was anything hinted in some way that brought these rumours?

I haven't been following this since the box art was shown.

Where did these rumours originate? I know that's a pretty stupid question, but I mean was anything hinted in some way that brought these rumours?

I haven't been following this since the box art was shown.

Random people who want to trick others

New story spoilers!

Zubats return! And they want their caves back.

New story spoilers!

Zubats return! And they want their caves back.

You forgot the most important part!

Zubats now have the Shadow Tag ability

EDIT:

. No gameplay, just Kyurem formes again and revealing the playable characters.
Edited by Debug Mode

DSC_0212.jpg

OHHH SHIT, HERE IT COMES

EDIT: I definitely recommend reading /vp/ right now if any one sees this. Fake trip codes pretending to be Serebii and Archaic from Bulbagarden flying every where and getting everybody's hopes up.

Edited by Debug Mode

First, the game is set in Unova and shows the new trainers and the rival. The game is set 2 years latr than in BW and features the map of Unova being partially frozen. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey. There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homika, who is also said to be in the anime this June. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival and there is a new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokémon Strength

Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (mantines flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues all around Unova.

That's all the information these scans provide.

It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.

Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new (Unova) Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254

corocoro4121.jpgcorocoro4122.jpgcorocoro4123.jpg

Big images at you know where

Sounds good to me. Glad that there's a wider area around Unova and that we're not just retreading over old ground.

Not much info on any new gameplay features though...

So will the dream world and global link now only feature Pokemon for use with Black & White 2 only (well when they come out)?

Or will they let all 4 games get the specific monthly 'befriendable' Pokemon?

Guess trading from B&W1 to B&W2 is okay, but not the other way round.

So will the dream world and global link now only feature Pokemon for use with Black & White 2 only (well when they come out)?

Or will they let all 4 games get the specific monthly 'befriendable' Pokemon?

Guess trading from B&W1 to B&W2 is okay, but not the other way round.

Why wouldn't it be the other way round? These are both Gen V games.

The Dream World and Global Link will likely have separate parts for each game

Wait... that shirtless gym leader... is that a tan line around his pelvis?

Is that how Japanese character designers think black skin works?

I mean I know black people tan but oh my god, he’s like ginger person white under there...

I hate myself.

I dared to dream that those stupid rumours might be true haha... but it was really only because the idea of a Platypus pokemon was pretty great to me :P

Anyway... this whole BW2 affair is pretty much as I expected. Same game, shaken up a little, new areas... So they will add a little focus to the narrative this time around, but let's face it... this is Pokemon Grey, with a different label.

Not complaining, I love Pokemon games... Day 1 for me.

I've held off replaying White because of this game... Can't wait to check out the new areas, and I'm hoping all the unreleased Pokemon like Keldeo will be IN GAME rather than just downloadable... or if they ARE downloadable then please give them at least a little Scenario... not just given by the delivery man...

I never bought Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, whatever... I do see this is as significantly different. With a completely new starting town, new rival, new parts of the world to explore, new gym leaders... this feels actually a lot more new then I expected it to be.

This is essentially what the Kanto portion of Gold and Silver was to Red and Blue. The world is changed, you go through it in a new order, things have grown up... I like the looks of it.

Looking good. I just hope they add a lot more to the Unova map, my biggest complaint about Black and White is how small they felt.

Anyway... this whole BW2 affair is pretty much as I expected. Same game, shaken up a little, new areas... So they will add a little focus to the narrative this time around, but let's face it... this is Pokemon Grey, with a different label.

It really, really isn't. They are completely different. If it was Grey, it'd have the same protagonists, few new areas, the same basic story. This is completely different. As @Hamishmash said, it's more akin to the Kanto in GSC/HGSS

I've held off replaying White because of this game... Can't wait to check out the new areas, and I'm hoping all the unreleased Pokemon like Keldeo will be IN GAME rather than just downloadable... or if they ARE downloadable then please give them at least a little Scenario... not just given by the delivery man...

Unfortunately not. Keldeo's distribution in Japan begins the same day as this launches in Japan, and it's a direct download

I agree with deku-nutz. It's Pokemon Grey. Just because they don't follow the exact same formula as the previous third installments, doesn't mean they are new games. The changes that are known makes them very much Pokemon Grey.

I plowed through White with the starter because it was boring to play the same game over again. Which why I'm hesistant to buy this in the first place. Probably going to have to to get the new legendaries, but I'm certaintly not buying both this time around.

I don't really see where this complete denial of the facts we have been given is coming from but fair enough.

I would have preferred a Pokémon Gray. I always imagined that one day I'd go through the series by just playing the third game in every iteration, but of course Nintendo had to go and ruin it. :p

I agree with deku-nutz. It's Pokemon Grey. Just because they don't follow the exact same formula as the previous third installments, doesn't mean they are new games. The changes that are known makes them very much Pokemon Grey.

It seriously and really isn't just Pokémon Grey. it's completely different. Again, if it were Grey, it'd be the exact same areas in the exact same timeline with a slightly altered story.

I don't really see where this complete denial of the facts we have been given is coming from but fair enough.

???

I mean it in the sense that this is Black and White PLUS... OK so they popped a 2 on the end, but really... this is just a slightly more in-depth retread of the same game. I don't understand why people are refusing to see things for what they are. It's not like I'm slagging it off or anything. Nearly all the 3rd entires had NEW AREAS and sometimes Remixed Pokemon locations... even way back with Crystal we had a new story thread with Suicine... It's the same as that, but they have cranked it up a few notches. OK there are New protagonists, but let's just skip that because your character doesn't actually have a character, so we'll call it new Skins... so great they have given the Boy and Girl a new picture... and OK there is a new rival but strip away all the new new assets and we have a rejigged version of Black and White. They have put a lot more effort into this than they usually do, but this is STILL a 3rd entry guys. It really is.

Honestly, what is the problem? You wont find many people who are as big a fan of Pokemon as me, and this isn't any sort of attack or whatever... it's just, ya know, the fact of the matter.

And Serebii... Kanto was post-game content, that was pretty cool... yeah. To liken this to that scenario we'd need an entirely new region as well.. We don't. We have a partially frozen over Unova and some new areas added to the map.

Anyway, I'm not about to argue this too much, we obviously disagree with what we are seeing here. :)

The difference is that the new areas in Emerald and Platinum were minimalistic. They were the Battle Frontiers, the Distortion World and an extra couple of small caves in Hoenn. There were very few actual new areas. They followed the same narrative with very few differences.

This is set mostly in a part of Unova that isn't seen in the previous games, with some overlap where in the areas are radically different as two years have past since the story of Black & White.

The story is COMPLETELY different, not marginally different as per other third versions, the characters are different, gyms are different, gym leaders are different, available Pokémon are radically different. It's a new game, just set in the same region as before.

Yes, Kanto in GSC was post-game content, but this is on a much MUCH larger scale. Besides, we don't know if Unova is properly frozen over or if they're just hiding stuff from us, which they have done before.

Trust me, it's not Grey, or an enhanced or re-jigged version of Black & White. They are new.

Think of it like how XD was to Colosseum.

Edited by Serebii

The difference is that the new areas in Emerald and Platinum were minimalistic. They were the Battle Frontiers, the Distortion World and an extra couple of small caves in Hoenn. There were very few actual new areas. They followed the same narrative with very few differences.

This is set mostly in a part of Unova that isn't seen in the previous games, with some overlap where in the areas are radically different as two years have past since the story of Black & White.

The story is COMPLETELY different, not marginally different as per other third versions, the characters are different, gyms are different, gym leaders are different, available Pokémon are radically different. It's a new game, just set in the same region as before.

Yes, Kanto in GSC was post-game content, but this is on a much MUCH larger scale. Besides, we don't know if Unova is properly frozen over or if they're just hiding stuff from us, which they have done before.

So they are putting more effort in? Honestly, we clearly disagree on this but I do have difficulty in understanding why people can't see it a little from my point of view.

They are cranking up the effort they put into differentiating this from Black and White, but then they need to because they want to sell 2 new versions... I know all the new content they are offering, because we have all read the same articles but all it says to me is Pokemon Grey... with FAR more effort than they have ever put into it before... We have only been made aware of two new Gym leaders... for all we know that's our lot.

I mean, come on... for years we have been buying a slightly modified version of the same game... Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum... we have been buying the SAME GAME which with every generation has added more differences to the Core series... if you think about it, the level of change in Black and White 2 is the level of change we SHOULD have got from the start!!

So fine, tell me it's not Grey... It ISN'T grey, you're right it's Black 2 and White 2... but if this had been released as Grey? Same scenario.

Gamefreak obviously just wanted to turn things up a notch, and good on them for not being their usual lazy selves... but this is not new territory... this is just a new level of EFFORT!

Edited by Deku-Nutz

This isn't Grey, they have new crazy hair styles. Totally different.