NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

I agree with deku-nutz. It's Pokemon Grey. Just because they don't follow the exact same formula as the previous third installments, doesn't mean they are new games. The changes that are known makes them very much Pokemon Grey.

I plowed through White with the starter because it was boring to play the same game over again. Which why I'm hesistant to buy this in the first place. Probably going to have to to get the new legendaries, but I'm certaintly not buying both this time around.

No way, not in the slightest. This is more like Final Fantasy 10-2. Same main characters, same region (heavily changed), but with a new story, additional characters and new scenarios/gameplay features.

It's a direct sequel in all respects. Nothing like Y/C/E/P (enhanced versions of the same game)

No way, not in the slightest. This is more like Final Fantasy 10-2. Same main characters, same region (heavily changed), but with a new story, additional characters and new scenarios/gameplay features.

but all the other 3rd entries have been like FFXIII-2, just lazier!!!

What is everyone issue? Is it effecting your anticipation of this game to think of it as a modified version? It shouldn't, they are being smart about their 3rd entries now, and separating them further from the core games.

So if Pokemon Yellow said "2 YEARS LATER" and changed the assets of a few characters you'd swallow it as a 'BRAND NEW GAME!!!'?

I just don't get it :blank:

but all the other 3rd entries have been like FFXIII-2, just lazier!!!

What is everyone issue? Is it effecting your anticipation of this game to think of it as a modified version? It shouldn't, they are being smart about their 3rd entries now, and separating them further from the core games.

So if Pokemon Yellow said "2 YEARS LATER" and changed the assets of a few characters you'd swallow it as a 'BRAND NEW GAME!!!'?

I just don't get it :blank:

But that's not what it is. Those games were literally just the originals of the generation with a new hat. These are not. They are not the same game with different assets at all

It's not your traditional 3rd version, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say it's what GSC was like to RBY just yet.

It's like a third version in the fact that:

Same pokemon (few more added to the regional dex is different)

Same region (each third version adds new places and slightly modifies existing ones)

Presumably same starters

It's not like a third version in the fact that:

New characters

New gyms

New starting location

A complete overhaul of the story rather than mixing the first two versions together

Again, there's more value in these versions than your usual third version, but it's no where near what GSC offered. Of course, there's still 2 months to go and there's a lot of information we just don't know yet.

It's not your traditional 3rd version, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say it's what GSC was like to RBY just yet.

It's like a third version in the fact that:

Same pokemon (few more added to the regional dex is different)

Same region (each third version adds new places and slightly modifies existing ones)

Presumably same starters

It's not like a third version in the fact that:

New characters

New gyms

New starting location

A complete overhaul of the story rather than mixing the first two versions together

Again, there's more value in these versions than your usual third version, but it's no where near what GSC offered. Of course, there's still 2 months to go and there's a lot of information we just don't know yet.

Yes. Exactly this.

Third versions do not really add areas. Sure, a cave here and there, but nothing like this

We didn't say it is like GSC to RBY, just that the B2W2's Unova is to BW's Unova, what GSC's Kanto was to RBY's Kanto. As in played through in a different order, physically aged, new characters, new locations, new gym leaders etc and of course an entirely new plot. I think the very fact you are playing as two completely different humans and have a brand new rival speaks volumes...

I guess our idea of what a sequel is is different, because I think sequels can still be set in the same place.

It is the third game in this generation, it's not like we're still going to expect Grey, but the way you're disregarding them doesn't really do them justice. Obviously, like any company, Nintendo are making these games to make money but I think the level of fan excitement kind of justifies it, especially considering these fans would have settled for Grey. This is the first time in a long time where Nintendo aren't just giving us the bare minimum effort.

Third versions do not really add areas. Sure, a cave here and there, but nothing like this

Hence the 'its more than a traditional third version' stance. From what we understand, the only currently known new area is the new starting location. Every thing else is being redecorated. Of course, I expect next months Coro Coro will show us more than that but in the off case they don't, I'm not going to put it any where near the level GSC offered.

I'm surprised the ice hasn't covered Opelucid City to be honest, Dragon is fucking weak against Ice!

But hey, lets get on to speculation. Possible second region in the game? The airport doesn't seem to have a purpose and where would all the residents of the areas covered in ice migrate to? ARE THEY ALL DEAD?

I also think it's about time we started taking the Battle Subway map a bit more seriously.

map.png

Not only does one of those lines go in the south west direction near where the new starting town is located, there are a couple more locations (West, North East) which had nothing in BW (except Giant Chasm for North East), possibly indicating new areas.

Also, what's the likely hood of a Battle Frontier being introduced, rendering the Battle Subway obsolete, therefore becoming a means of transport to venture into the ice covered areas? Maybe I'm just grasping at straws in the hopes the Battle Subway map isn't just stupidly included for the fun of it.

Question:

Which story is cannon across each generation?

Usually the final version, but they're all technically cannon. Holographic universe and what not =P

If I remember correctly the only game confirmed canon is Platinum (In B/W, Cynthia talks about the 4th Gen protagonist facing Giratina, which she only witnessed in Platinum).

Apart from that, they're mostly made so that any of them can be considered canon.

Question:

Which story is cannon across each generation?

All except Yellow ;)

Literally just came here to see if any one had posted it haha.

Castellia looks the same =S. I don't like where this is going..

That's a lot more of the region being frozen over than I thought it would be! :o

What was that Pokemon movie thing about? Is that the replacement for the musicals?

Literally just came here to see if any one had posted it haha.

Castellia looks the same =S. I don't like where this is going..

It's two years later. There will be changes but it's not like Oracle of Ages where loads of time has passed

Everything seems new enough for me to get it. :)

Also... was the rival surrounded by Team Rocket?

*Sigh*

Okay, I'll admit it, Pokémon is just a series I can't stop buying.

Even though I usually only play the story mode and a little bit further after that, it's the allure of a new adventure that always keeps me coming back, no matter how minor the changes...

THey got me, and they got me good.

Also, what the hell is on that new professor's head?

tumblr_m2g8z4OS3M1qdm0y0o1_500.png

Wow.

That's some tan.

I'm kinda pissed, I was hoping that they might add to the only 3 black characters in the ENTIRE Pokémon universe but ok.

Wow.

That's some tan.

I'm kinda pissed, I was hoping that they might add to the only 3 black characters in the ENTIRE Pokémon universe but ok.

Yeah, I noticed that in CoroCoro, it's pretty hilarious. Though you never know, for western audiences, they may change it and make him actually black. They changed Lenora somewhat for western release

Edited by Serebii

Wow.

That's some tan.

Lol! Maybe he's wearing trainers that just happen to be in the design of a white foot? :laughing:

TBF there aren't any black people in real life, so I just view it as being more realistic.

Well, the games are called BLACK AND WHITE, guys. He just representin'.