NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

I do, hence my predicament! I'll be buying White 2 in Europe when I return, but my Black 2 is Japanese.

God damn it, I don't want to buy a JP 3DS but Animal Crossing is due soon =(

Should have ordered the Pikachu 3DS LL :p

Should have ordered the Pikachu 3DS LL :p

I deliberative avoided my local city centre because of that! No joke, I'm teaching a girl and we meet at a place that's just down the road from the ESTA Pokemon Centre Sapporo.

I'm not buying anything until my Travel Grant gets processed and paid.

Does anyone know if we are getting an official guide book for these games?

I used the guide for B&W and it was great for picking up all of the items in each area and knowing what Pokemon you were going to encounter etc.

Have looked on some gaming sites and googled it but can't find anything?! :wtf:

I used the guide for B&W and it was great for picking up all of the items in each area and knowing what Pokemon you were going to encounter etc.

There's 2:

The Official Pokemon Unova Strategy Guide

Pokedex and Guide

Thanks for the reminder, might buy the first one. Doesn't seem to be a hardback/collectors version of these though :(

Or

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2

:p

And the 3DS game: Pokédex 3D Pro

Edited by Serebii

An illusion :P

Didn't see it when I searched before, must be a rare encounter :P. It's unavailable on Amazon.co.uk.

It's only on Amazon.com and I am geting it can't wait my order is

Shipping estimate: October 9, 2012

Delivery estimate: October 11, 2012 - October 15, 2012

Mind you though, there's a good chance that the US/EU version will be region free - if Pokemon B&W and Pokemon Conquest are anything to go by...

To be honest I'd only go by Black & White 1 here.

I had a EU copy of Black and sold it to get a US copy. Few reasons why I believe (hope) these games will be region free is after looking around a bit, apparently AU, EU and US copies of the game lacked region coding and were all bit-for-bit identical and thus, they worked on all DSi and (I think) 3DS systems (including the Japanese consoles). All EU English Pokemon were also classed as US Pokemon and the US games also lacked the ESRB rating that normally appeared at the start of all US Pokémon games on the DS.

The game IDs on the box were also identical across all the regions except for Korea and Japan (TWL-IRBO for all Australian, European and American games with the USA, EUR, AUS tags added to whatever region you bought the game from / in, where normally it's either E or P replacing where the "O" letter goes with E for American and P for European). The method they used to localise the games also changed (which is why the games were released simultaneously) and NoA and NoE staff were both included in the credits roll.

Conquest is sort of different though. US copies also didn't have region coding but were not loading when it came to Japanese and European DSi console (probably Japanese 3DS consoles as well) and even the AU games, which are supposedly under "European rule" didn't work on other EU consoles though that and US copies worked on UK and other European 3DS consoles. UK Conquest games are fully region locked though, as they have the region coding other DSi games have had.

I'd say what happened with BW1 has a could happen with BW2 but I think it's better to wait till the the games come out everywhere (in two weeks) and see what's up cause there is also a chance all of what I said is wrong or they changed things.

Edited by Ragnarok

Embarrassing confession: I've never played a mainline Pokemon game :blush:

I'm thinking of giving Heart Gold/Soul Silver a try.. Or would Black/White1 be a good place to start? Advice appreciated.

I'm thinking of giving Heart Gold/Soul Silver a try.. Or would Black/White1 be a good place to start? Advice appreciated.

Black & White were considered a soft reboot of the franchise. Starting in a region with no classic Pokémon, cut off from the past.

HeartGold & SoulSilver are essentially a "for the fans" game

Black & White are probably your best bet. As Serebii rightfully pointed out, it's a clean break from the past and is designed to be experienced as a self contained game (you can't even see any of the old Pokemon or communicate with the older games until you've finished the main story)

Alternatively you could play the original Red/Blue/Yellow or better still, its GBA remake - Fire Red/Leaf Green.

The other games were all designed with the idea that you've played some of the past games, though they're all easy enough to get into. They always do a great job of easing in newcomers - even though you'll get the most out of them once you've played some of the earlier ones since there's a lot of references and little nods to past games (Gold&Silver/Heart Gold & Soul Silver, does this particularly well!)

Edited by Dcubed

Don't get attached to that with the English version

Haha, I spent a good few minutes thinking "What the FUCK is Dogars?", until she sent out her Koffing..

You reckon they'll just remove the vocals rather than replace them?

Haha, I spent a good few minutes thinking "What the FUCK is Dogars?", until she sent out her Koffing..

You reckon they'll just remove the vocals rather than replace them?

No, they're replaced...but people will be bitching about it

No, they're replaced...but people will be bitching about it

God have mercy on those that do. It's not like we actually call Koffing's over here ドガース..

P-O-K-E-M-O-N - POKEMON

That's what it changed to?

Edited by Ragnarok

Is it me or are Nintendo not really doing much to hype this game up? I haven't seen any TV ads yet and their online efforts aren't nearly as strong as they were for B&W, hell we still haven't even had a decent proper English trailer! (And no, that cheap and shoddily made 1 minute crapfest doesn't count)

Have I missed something?

Is it me or are Nintendo not really doing much to hype this game up? I haven't seen any TV ads yet and their online efforts aren't nearly as strong as they were for B&W, hell we still haven't even had a decent proper English trailer! (And no, that cheap and shoddily made 1 minute crapfest doesn't count)

Have I missed something?

You have missed a lot. I see B2W2 adverts on most ad breaks

P-O-K-E-M-O-N - POKEMON

That's what it changed to?

Unfortunately so. Told you people would bitch :p

I bet that they changed the words in order to not have to do separate recordings for each and every supported language. Bit of a shame, but understandable (especially when you consider that they're releasing the game just 4 months after Japan)

Vocals? Where do they get used?

Really need to get down to GAME/Gamestation to download Keldeo this weekend.