NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
_Gus_

new here

you guys dont have an introductions thread :confused:

my name is is gus, i live in USA, and i joined this forum because i like AMN, and a friend of theirs is a friend of mine....gawd, now i know how monkeylord must feel (he lives in the UK and posts at AMN, a mostly american board).

edit: you guys have rep points? people abused them at AMN and they took them off :no: also, i plan to upload an avatar soon..probably the same one i use for AMN.

Hi Gus how are you? Whats it like in Texas just out of intrest? I hope you enjoy your stay here and get into the atmosphere of the forum.

I'm new here to.

this is also the first forum I have joined.

I was also going to start a thread introducing myself but i didn't for some reason.

maby i will soon.

we should. fierce-link locked mine, nasty admin.

:shock:

I locked it because it was basically asking who was who on the old forums. And there was already a thread about who used what names on the old boards. I ain't nasty. :p

Anyway, hi _Gus_. Welcome to the boards. Yes, we do have rep points. Although, if the rep system gets abused, we will turn it off.

• Like 1

I hope someone abuses the rep system in my favour.

*looks sadly at the 10 rep points underneath my name*

------

Hey Gus! Enjoy your stay here. Most people here are really cool, so hopefully you'll have fun :D

Yes, we do have rep points. Although, if the rep system gets abused, we will turn it off.

Because rep points so arent the new post count :hmm:

Well, the theory behind rep points is that you give "karma" (or something) to someone who has made a good post. You can also give bad karma to someone who has made a bad post. It's a good way of repping people who do make good, thought out posts on the boards, for example "johelian".

:shock:

I locked it because it was basically asking who was who on the old forums. And there was already a thread about who used what names on the old boards. I ain't nasty. :p

i was just kidding :) thanks for locking the ogrish thread btw.

hi gus, i'm a newbie here too, i'll look out for you and protect you from fierce_link :hehe:

Well they never will be - because the ethos is different. I'm not too bothered about Rep Points, and as for post counts, the fact that they are still on your profile is in my opinion still abit of a drawback. They should just disappear altogether.

yeah i would like to see post counts off the profile as well, but as far as im aware there isnt an option for that, ive looked and looked and my eyes hurt >_< ill get someone to mess with the code and see if they can be taken out or something...

yeah i would like to see post counts off the profile as well, but as far as im aware there isnt an option for that, ive looked and looked and my eyes hurt >_< ill get someone to mess with the code and see if they can be taken out or something...

To be honest Sir, I don't think any forum has an option or facility to totally remove the post count. I think we are lucky as it is - for it not to be activly displayed, or tallied against other members.

Thanks guys! :D its easy to tell this place has alot of cool members :D anyways, since i am posting in a totally different timezones, please dont hate me for bumping threads that are past halfway down on the forum....as i have done that just now. see ya around :D

Welcome to all thew new people :) Im pretty new, only been posting on ce for like 2 months

Welcome Gus, Welcome to HELL!! (thunder clash and lightning strikes) :)

heh that made me chuckle!

yes welcome to you gus, have fun posting!

Sign in to follow this