NEurope
Dyson

My first tattoo..

I want a tattoo! I have for ages (more like I LIKED the idea) and I've posted a few times in the old tattoo thread. Wanted something X-Men related, and still like that idea so may eventually go that route.

I also find them really attractive (not universally, but in the right places). I based my pursuit of my current friend on a fbook photo of their new tattoo. And now I want one/multiple.

Holy poo Dyson, it looks rad as fuck.

You aren't gettin it coloured in white are you? Because it looks perfect as is.

@Dyson do share the piccies!

I really want my first tattoo, I suppose now I'm secure in my work, it's a good idea. :)

It's done!

408162_10151199826700644_509540643_23139380_1945829241_n.jpg

I actually love it. It's not coloured as planned - I genuinely forgot to mention I wanted it coloured white, however, it looks a lot better than I thought it would so I might keep it this way. The blush is still quite a dark red in this picture (it was taken the same night, so.. yeah bleeding :heh:) but it's already gone down quite a bit and is reaching the proper pinkish colour.

As for the experience - you were spot on Daft. It was a huge buzz having it done and I'm already trying to work out what I want to get next :heh: and as for the pain.. it honestly did not hurt as much as I thought it would, at all. There was pain, sure, but it wasn't painful if that makes sense XD and afterwards it felt like I'd grazed my shoulder against a brick or something. Right now, I can't even feel it.

What fun!

Ahhh, I wondered if you were close to round here that you'd be going to woolwich! Still quite a way to come out from Shoreditch!

Where abouts are you based? It took about an hour to get down there.

Where the heck is it?

Looks sweet.

Don't colour it.

It makes sense cause when they hide they go invisible.

I actually love it. It's not coloured as planned - I genuinely forgot to mention I wanted it coloured white, however, it looks a lot better than I thought it would so I might keep it this way. The blush is still quite a dark red in this picture (it was taken the same night, so.. yeah bleeding :heh:) but it's already gone down quite a bit and is reaching the proper pinkish colour.

As for the experience - you were spot on Daft. It was a huge buzz having it done and I'm already trying to work out what I want to get next :heh: and as for the pain.. it honestly did not hurt as much as I thought it would, at all. There was pain, sure, but it wasn't painful if that makes sense XD and afterwards it felt like I'd grazed my shoulder against a brick or something. Right now, I can't even feel it.

Two things. You 'forgot' to mention? I would have thought that was a pretty big thing to remember, especially considering it was your firs tattoo! :heh: Worked out for the best, that's what I reckoned would look best.

And second, wait until it starts itching. ;)

My tattoo didn't hurt at all, tbh. It started to a little when he was getting closer to my shin but otherwise it was like being nibbled like little kittens. From what I hear, muscle areas aren't too bad but fleshy areas are. Like apparently the butt is pain. Although having said that the calf is meant to be pretty painful and that's muscly.

@Dyson

Are you using moisturising lotion on it? If not I would recommend that.

I would assume this has already been recommended 2 u but I thought I would mention it just incase....

I have not had one but a guy in work as had a few now so I have listened to a lot of stuff he has said and he was saying it helps it heal faster, helps with itching and can help prevent any ink coming off the skin while it heals. Since it is basically a burn on your skin it should be treated as such. :)

Indeed, I'm using Savlon 2 or 3 times a day having washed it with soapy water but being careful to avoid shower gels and shampoo on the tattoo..

I think that's right :D

Daft - Well, it was printed on white paper and I just sort of.. forgot to mention it, it seemed obvious in my head! But I'm not fussed - I like it as is :D

I took another picture a few minutes ago with a better angle/camera/etc. The colour on the blush has already gone down quite a bit since that night.

tumblr_ly9wojCrxd1qzrfb1o1_500.jpg

It looks a little bit bruised in that photo, but it doesn't feel painful. I'm expecting the itching to start in a few days :heh:

the itching would dement you.... i'm not joking. >_>

(coming from someone who has a very itchy skin condition!!)

now my head is itchy....thanks speller...!!!

My housemate tends to slap hers when they itch. I've always preferred the "itch somewhere else to satisfy the need" approach (to insect bites as I don't have tattoos...)

Amongst other reasons, I consider my pain threshold too low to get a tattoo. I'm a mega mega mega pussy and I have gorgeously soft skin. People like stroking my hands.

frankly, I'd prefer it if your hands were stroking me...

I was thinking of having Mrs Iun's name tattoo'd on me. But then I realised I hate her.

I'd say get it coloured Dyson, it looks a bit...swarthy without it.

Edited by Iun

Indeed, I'm using Savlon 2 or 3 times a day having washed it with soapy water but being careful to avoid shower gels and shampoo on the tattoo..

I think that's right :D

Daft - Well, it was printed on white paper and I just sort of.. forgot to mention it, it seemed obvious in my head! But I'm not fussed - I like it as is :D

I used Bepanthen which is for nappy rash. It's fucking amazing.

Yeah, like Ashley says slap it when it starts itching. Mine didn't start itching until quite a way through the healing.

Now it's time for the "open" Boo on your back. Same position.

Not the stupid way ReZ mentioned...

Had mine done today, 4 small ones. Actually really really hurt! Should always eat before tattos :)

I got a new tattoo (my third) the same day as Dyson, have to go back on the 4th for another sitting and prob 2 more times after that.

403000_10150598198590851_739125850_11238051_2111759990_n.jpg

I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo because you would have to chat to the tattoo'er while it was being done, right?

I don't go to the hairdressers for that very reason.

I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo because you would have to chat to the tattoo'er while it was being done, right?

I don't go to the hairdressers for that very reason.

Not really some small chit chat here and there but nothing big, I was almost falling asleep on saturday when getting inked lol

Itchy as fuck now though, I also do the slapping method that was mentioned above