Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2012

Retro_Link

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't comment on the GP (thanks to internet).

I was stunned. Watched the entire race from start to finish. Their was a lot of overtaking and some of the wheel-wheel action was intense. Kimi & Lewis in the pits, boy was that close.

speaking about pits, it cost Micheal the race and button was held back for another 9 seconds (I think) had he not had an issue I thought he possibly could've challenged Rosenberg.

I think Micheal helped Nico a great deal in that race (take nothing away from Nico's immense drive). for the first 10/15 laps he had around 4/5 cars right behind him, while the gap between himself & Rosenberg increased.

Good to see the McLaren boys drive well that day, they earned their positions. Happy to see Kobayashi in 10th at the very least.

But I was DEVASTATED for Raikkonen. He was in the top 4 for the majority of the race. it was a fantastic drive, until Lap 49 (Can't remember) where it looked like he slipped a bit (his wheels no longer had grip) then Hamilton passed him, quickly followed by Webber and then another 2 cars. saubers? come the end of the race he's 14th.

That shouldn't happen, what was all that excellent driving, all that hard work for? I don't remember how many pits he took but he should've had one.

Anyway, That was the best race I have ever seen!

Just been watching some of Sky's efforts on Youtube, Ant does some great onboard analysis using that TV!

it was a fantastic drive, until Lap 49 (Can't remember) where it looked like he slipped a bit (his wheels no longer had grip) then Hamilton passed him, quickly followed by Webber and then another 2 cars. saubers? come the end of the race he's 14th.

Anyway, That was the best race I have ever seen

You need to try and watch Suzuka 2005 and Australia 2011 on the BBC F1 website!

Edited by Retro_Link

Looks like Demo is one of us from now on :D

Yeah Suzuka 2005 is probably the greatest race of the modern era. I'd put Spa 95, 98, Canada 2011 and Brazil 2008 as great races too that definitely deserve a view.

Suzuka 2000 is still my favourite F1 race though :)

Do you use torrents at all? that might be worth a shout? I've managed to DL a few like that.

Alternatively, i remember someone uploaded the entire 2004 and 2005 season onto google video! There are some races going up onto youtube as well but the uploader has only just started :(

I don't really use torrents, I could do I suppose, and after a quick google it looks like there's one for Suzuka'05.

Seems metacafe has some, but it's a bit annoying them being spilt into so many parts, and not obvious links directing you on to the next 10mins.

Yeah Bahrain's really not where they should be right now.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98957

Force India member leaves Bahrain after incident

A member of the Force India team has returned home from the Bahrain Grand Prix in the wake of fellow team members getting involved in an incident on the way home from the circuit on Wednesday night.

A hire car with four Force India mechanics was accidentally caught up in a clash between protestors and police on the main motorway in to Manama. After being forced to come to a halt, a Molotov cocktail exploded near their car - although luckily no one was injured.

Although the team members were able to return to their hotel, and the incident was not as a result of them being targeted because they are part of the F1 community, it was enough for another member of the Force India team to feel that they would prefer not to remain in the Gulf State.

The four mechanics involved in the incident, that took place shortly after nightfall in Bahrain, will continue with their duties for the remainders of the weekend.

Bahrain International Circuit chairman Zayed R Alzayani played down the matter, and said he would not request any tighter security as a result of what happened.

"It was an isolated incident, and my wife was involved too," he said. "The protestors were not targeting the cars, they just happened to be there. Nobody was injured.

"I don't command the police; they know what to do better than I do. I have a race to run."

The Force India incident has come despite assurances from the FIA and Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone that the Gulf state is completely safe for holding this weekend's grand prix.

I've decided I'm just not going to tune into the race this weekend. I'm working tomorrow, and for the first time I'm glad. I hate what this whole farce is doing to the image of the sport. There are people being suppressed, brutalised and allegedly even killed not far from the circuit gates. It's bad enough the GP is going ahead. It's worse those in charge expect everyone to twiddle our thumbs like none of this needs to be more seriously and openly addressed.

It's my birthday today. I want to come home from my shift, sit on the sofa and play the full race from the Iplayer and enjoy myself for a couple of hours, even if it's just another dull Bahrain GP. This isn't a protest, that wouldn't make any difference. But I'd like to get through the day without feeling hopelessly uncomfortable about the democratic rights of a nation of people thousands of miles away just to watch some sport. That's not a judgment on anyone who does choose to watch and (hopefully) enjoy the race. I just won't be able to do that.

The whole situation is bullshit. Pure bullshit, deceit and half-truths wrapped in the politics of money at the expense of people's lives. If somebody - anybody - in power in F1 dared to even acknowledge that, maybe I wouldn't feel so angry. Instead everyone's decided to put a brave face on or simply look away and not say anything. I've watched F1 my whole life and I quite honestly can't remember feeling so disgusted by it.

Rant over.

See you when Spain rolls around - if I can get the taste of bullshit out of my mouth.

Gutted, I thought Raikkonen was going to nick the win from Vettel, but the team let him down again. Seriously when team orders are allowed, why did you not order Grosjean to get out of the way much earlier? It boggles the mind. Still a good 2-3 for Lotus at the end of the day. Shumi got lucky that Button had to retire, only 2 points in 4 races when Rosberg has 35 points and Race win, you gotta assume Schumi's time will come this season but Mercedes is blowing too hot and cold at the moment. Hamilton had 2 botched up pit stops, both because the rear left got stuck on, inquest time into what's going wrong with the pit stops this season. Good 6th for Di Resta, the only 2 stop strategy that really paid off today. Finally Vettel showing how he can lead from the front and get the race win, though you can argue her got lucky today and he's now the championship leader. Oh and well done Massa on getting his first points for the season (9th) and typical Alonso decent points finish (7th).

Both schumacher and rosberg just had massive rants about the tyres to german interviewers. Schumacher actually said he was going to have a word with Pirelli because he spent the entire race deliberately trying not to go too fast.

I'm not enjoying the tyres at all, the set up window is ridiculous and they are hampering the pace of the cars so much. The reason the cars are so close together now is because they are so limited.

Well what do you know! An eventful Bahrain Grand Prix!!

Plenty of great action today! and really pleased to see Kimi back on the podium!! :D Would have loved to see him beat Vettel though!

Come on McLaren, what are you playing at in your pitstops! Did you see Lewis sat there shaking his head!

Rosberg was a bit wild today pushing cars around, but I thought Lewis overtook him off the race track; I'm not sure why that stood.

Gutted, I thought Raikkonen was going to nick the win from Vettel, but the team let him down again. Seriously when team orders are allowed, why did you not order Grosjean to get out of the way much earlier? It boggles the mind. Still a good 2-3 for Lotus at the end of the day.
Dammit, I was pretty damn pleased with the result today until I found this out!!

This is Boulliers doing I tell you, knew he'd be trouble this year being Grosjeans manager.

Edited by Retro_Link

Well it was a good race, unfortunately as soon as the grid started, it already looked from that point that Vettel wouldn't surrender first place, doing what he did all last season long just opening a gap in the first few laps.

McClaren's pit stops.. what the hell is up. Hamilton just sat in the car shaking his head, from that point he knew the task ahead of him just got almost impossible.

great season so far, different constructor winning the first 4 GP's is awesome, yet somehow despite what seemed like an 'Off season' for Redbull, they find themselves first in both competitions.... as if out of nowhere.

No Sauber points.... Booooo

but well done Lotus, the car looked really quick, and I thought Kimi was going to pip Vettel, but after that one chance Kimi had, it seemed he went backwards from there and Vettel just managed to drop him a bit.

Good race... just hope this isn't going to be Redbull / Vettel getting P1 for the rest of the season now.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99268

Sauber confirms Chelsea FC partnership

The Hinwil squad had sported liveries with the "Out of the Blue" and "True Blue" messages on the engine covers of its car in the Chinese and Bahrain Grands Prix, triggering speculation about a possible deal.

Chelsea's deal was confirmed by the team on Monday morning, and the football club's logo will appear on the car for the first time in the Spanish Grand Prix.

"A partnership like this between Formula 1 and Football has never existed before in this form, yet there are numerous commonalities and possible synergies," said Sauber CEO Monisha Kaltenborn. "In either case we are talking about team sport at the highest - and international - level.

1335776625.jpg3F37F3973B3946DBCB718E7A1EF9FC.jpg

It's a bit risky cross threading teams like this, might upset a few fans... the football ones mind, they're the sensitive bunch! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I've only just realised the extent of the chair games!

Vettel and Kimi seem to kick things off, [off camera] at @2:50 :)

@2:55 Michael having seen this, looks down at Lewis' chair before back at those two in acknowledgment ;)

This leads to @3:45 :p

Then watch Alonso shoulder at @4:00 :D

Brilliant!! :bowdown:

Edited by Retro_Link

18 years today, he was taken from us :( Undoubtably the sports greatest loss, up there alongside Jim Clark and Gilles Villeneuve.

R.I.P Senna. I was thinking today how much of a shame his death was in the sense we missed a chance to see him go against Schumacher in 94 and 95 :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!